Reviews: KDav

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Pans Place Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos

Atmosphere and cleanliness certainly didn't blow me away, but the location was stellar and at $3/night, I don't think you can really complain! You do get what you pay for, but it was an acceptable place to sleep for a couple of nights. Warning: not all the dry bags actually are dry... Staff tries to be helpful though! Lots of warnings about theft and hostel acknowledges turning a blind eye to drugs and evening "guests", which could be a plus but was a turnoff to us. Can't complain at $3!

Krista I have had a number of complaints latly about the amount of advise I give and how clean this cheap guest house is. So for all thoes who warnt places that are sparkeling clean and dont want to be helped with local info, Please stay some where else. However if you like free,drinking water,wiffi conection,tv room with movies and tv shows on a hard drive, you are welcome. This place is safe and I will help you if you have a problem.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Loved it here! The staff were amazing and very helpful, and the common room was always full of people to start a conversation with. The shared washrooms were in good shape for being shared washrooms, although quite small! Would definitely stay here again, and gladly!

Green Tulip House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

We loved our stay at the Green Tulip! Along with the many other reviews, yes, Stella is absolutely incredible (I swear she doesn't walk, she bounces!), but the rest of the staff are great as well. They're extremely friendly and willing to help (almost too much so sometimes - you mention an interest in something and they're on the phone to book it before you've decided!), and the actual hostel itself is one of the nicest we stayed in on our trip throughout Asia - comparable to a hotel. Stay here!

Bodega Phuket

Phuket, Thailand

Hostel was in a great location, very clean and very safe. However, it is extremely overpriced (especially for food and drinks given the area around it - 50 baht for a "mixed fruit plate" with 3/4 of an apple and a mandarin orange! When I expressed surprise, to their credit, they added a cut of pineapple and a banana. Especially surprised given the overflowing tropical fruit bowl on the counter...), and I felt like I was intruding by being there, except for one lady at the counter, who was great!

Hi Krista, Thank you for your comments! We do our best to keep our prices low and competitive, but as it is a bar and restaurant we cannot offer the same prices as the street carts or mini-marts. We do have an all inclusive atmosphere and everyone is welcome to join in on the party! We're sorry that you felt intrusive but we assure you our staff and guests are always happy to meet new people, and make new friends! We hope to see you again and show you just how friendly we are! Happy Travels!

Sivarin Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Good overall, but not an easy place to meet other travellers and air conditioning only on from 6pm - 11am!

Sivarin Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Angkor Wonder Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Absolutely loved our stay with Mr. Why Not and his family at the Angkor Wonder Hostel! The staff are extremely kind and helpful, both with arranging some last minute plans for us, advising us on common scams at the border to Thailand, and asking us if we wanted to shower after a 4-wheeler adventure when we'd already checked out (yes!). Location is very close to everything, but off the main street so is quiet. Wouldn't hesitate to stay again (and my three travel companions agreed).

Vy Khanh Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Golden Time Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Anne, Tony and Alice (and another man who's name I didn't catch!) were incredibly friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and well kept, the location was amazing, and we felt totally safe there. They were great about making a delicious breakfast, changing money at bank rates for us, and booking us an incredible day trip to Tam Coc. They also took care of our train tickets for us with only a tiny delivery fee. We had a friend from Vietnam stay a night and he was impressed by staff integrity.

St Christopher's Village

Great place; location is okay but not stellar. Enjoyed the stay though - great people and fun atmosphere!

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Everything was AMAZING. Staff was great, rooms were lovely, bathrooms were BEAUTIFUL. Only issue was very few computers for use, but that's minor. Highly recommended!

Staff a bit surly (depending on who's serving), and hostel was a bit lacking in character/boring, but location was really quite good, and the hostel was very clean. A good place for a quiet sleep (except the three-level bunk beds), but would probably have preferred something slightly bigger or more lively.