The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

Nomads Fat Camel Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Common room completely bare, no fresh air or windows in the dorm rooms. Not a good experience

LakeFront Backpackers Lodge

Lake Tekapo, New Zealand

Great view, but it's quite a walk to get there from town carrying a heavy pack

Downtown Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Taupo Urban Retreat

Taupo, New Zealand

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

Well designed, clean, fun hostel. However there is nothing much within walking distance, about 20 mins taxi to Khaosan Road.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

JGH Tokyo

Tokyo, Japan

This place is a health hazard! It's dirty, only just wide enough for a person to fit through the corridors, far away from anything and cramped. There are hostels available for only 100 yen more than this place, so please choose somewhere else!

Oak Hotel

Tokyo, Japan

excellent hostel! I stayed in the dorm; it was cheap, cleaned everyday, 10 min walk to Ueno and the most spacious hostel room I have seen in Japan! There isn't much of a common room, just a table, however it is near Ueno so there is plenty to do. The staff are also super helpful!

Quite old and rundown, not real capsule beds

Backpackers Miyajima

Hiroshima, Japan

Super friendly staff, very close to the station. however there is almost nothing to do in the town once you have visited Miyajima island.

• 24th Oct 2010

Bonsai Guest House

Osaka, Japan

Very close to the station, which was a relief. However there is not much to do in this area.

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am very sorry to give you such a impression. I should have recommended you some nice shops and bar and restaurants and more information of getting to the downtown area. It is not far from here. Thank you very much for your comment. I am sure that I try to be improve myself to help the guests enjoy there staying here.

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

very average hostel, poor facilities, no locks, tiny dirty kitchen

• 17th Oct 2010

Thank you very much for your stay at Ace Inn Shinjuku. We have lockers in the economy type room and luxury type room. We would like to listen to our customer's comments strictly and consider about the points to improve. We hope to see you again.

Directions were not very helpful, it took me an hour of wandering to find the hostel, but once there it was good.

Thank you for staying with us. We're sorry about our location. We'd like to ask everyone not to forget to print a map we offer. We believe it's possible to arrive our hostel with that map at least. After check in, we can offer another map for Asakusa and entire Tokyo. We're glad you enjoyed your stay itself. We hope to see you again in the future.

Blinds in the dorms don't block out much light, especially as the sun rises by 5am. And entrance area filled with smelly shoes, but otherwise excellent!

JGH Tokyo

Tokyo, Japan

'd'˜'"'''…''…'OE'™@'"'''OE'OEC@'Z'@'"'''f'…@''''@'OE'•'''''…D@'P'O@''‰'Z'•'"'…@'-''OE'<@'"'@'"'"''"'‰''ZD@