BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Nice private double room with air con (although air con wasn't great at staying at one temp!) Convenient location for walking to main attractions and friendly helpful staff. Simple breakfast included (tea/coffee and toast) or there are a few little cafes near. Only complaint is the taxi we booked through the hostel to airport for a fixed price cost about double the meter price.

• 14th Aug 2013

Siem Reap Rooms

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Beautifully clean and nicely decorated rooms with great bathrooms. Breakfast is extra but I'd really recommend eating here if you want something more western (tasty bacon sandwiches!) The staff were incredibly helpful, especially when organising tuk tuk tours of the temples. The only possible disadvantage is that it's a dark road back to the hotel which I would perhaps be slightly wary of walking back on by myself, but this is easily sorted by getting a tuk tuk back from the main town for $1 or

• 9th Aug 2013

Hanoi Lucky Guesthouse

Hanoi, Vietnam

Incredibly helpful staff (organised Hslong Bay trips with Fantasea tours for a reasonable price), clean rooms with air con and close to all the main sights. Nice and quiet which is what we wanted with a simple breakfast included (tea/coffee, bread, jam, omlette). I would definitely recommend it to anyone staying in Hanoi.

• 8th Aug 2013

Sindu Guest House

Sanur, Indonesia

We only stayed for one night on our way to Lembongan Island but I wish we could have stayed longer! Beautiful room with a very modern and clean bathroom, friendly staff, tasty breakfast and only 5mins walk to the seafront. Lembongan island was a nicer location but the Sindu guest house was some of the best accommodation on our trip.

• 25th Jul 2013

Backpackers Inn Chinatown

Singapore, Singapore

You get what you pay for in Singapore - our double room was so small that you had to have one person sit on the bed so you could shut the door. The shared bathrooms were reasonably clean and the air-con worked. From looking around I don't think you would get anything much better for the price. It was close to Chinatown which is great for food and using the metro to get to other parts of the city.

• 22nd Jul 2013