Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 34

Sultan Camp

Fethiye, Turkey

A great place to relax and do absolutely nothing. The Kabak valley is stunning and this place is in a great location within 5 mins walking distance to the beach. The camp is quite difficult to get to but this keeps the "riff-raff" away so well worth the effort. Lovely dinners in the evening which are included in the price. I would def recommend this place.

• 21st Aug 2013

Saban Pension

Olympos, Turkey

Awesome place to chill and the dinners in the evening are excellent - the best food on my whole trip. The wood houses (they aren't tree houses but more like garden sheds on stilts) are basic but they do the job and you certainly feel closer to nature. They could do with a fan and some cloths hooks, shelves though.

• 14th Aug 2013

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

A great hostel and my second time here. Location is right where you want to be and the rooftop bar is perfect for meeting others. Def recommend.

Akropolis Guest House

Bergama, Turkey

If you're looking for a great place to relax then I would really recommend this place. The small pool is a life saver in the summer heat and the courtyard area is lovely. The guy that owns the place is really nice and helpful too. I hope to return someday.

Artemis Yoruk Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

Not a bad place and the pool is great but there are a lot of young "staff" who just roam around and it got a little annoying. It's also probably better to turn up on the day and get a room as they were offering rates below the prices on here which bothered me a bit having booked on here!

Athenstyle

Athens, Greece

Just an old hotel that's had a lick of paint. Yes the rooftop is great and cheap beers but the dorm I was in was cramped and hot. The ac cannot be controlled from within the room either. Could be great but needs big investment. Canadian Mike's free walking tour was awesome though.

• 20th Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for taking the time to review us, and we are sorry to hear you were not 100% satisfied! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our rooftop Bar & Restaurant and Mike's walking tour. Regarding our property, our building is quite new, only 4 years old, and in continuous maintenance and improvement. All the rooms have been newly painted this past winter, are equipped with a private bathroom cleaned daily and A/C which can be controlled with a key-card. Our reception is open 24 hours, which means there is always somebody ready to help you with any problems, at any time. If the A/C doesn't cool the room properly it's enough to let us know so we could fix it. Your room was a 4-bed dorm, approx 20 sqm, with a view of the Acropolis from the window. Being it high season the other 3 beds were occupied, but still there was plenty of space and a big locker for each guest. We are part of Europe Famous Hostels and it does mean a lot to us, we do care about the quality of all services we provide for our guests (free breakfast, rooftop bar & restaurant, free walking tour, free wi-fi & computers..). Please feel free to email me for further discussion. Sofia, manager.

Hostel Mostel

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

The owner really needs to sort this hostel out. The first thing is that they advertise an 8 bed dorm and there are 10 beds in it. For my second night I had booked a bed in 5 bed dorm only to be told that 4 (yes 4) people had reserved the room even though I booked on Hostelworld. On my arrival I noticed another couple had been double booked and had to leave. There is little character and the one girl that works there is overworked and not really a backpacker herself.

JugendStube

Brasov, Romania

This is an excellent hostel run by staff who care for their guests. It is a small hostel that allows all guests to socialise. The location is also right where you want to be so if you're in Brasov make sure you stay here.

Casa Caracol

Cadiz, Spain

This is a great place with its own unique style. The staff are helpful, there are a number of places to socialise (including the hammocks on the terrace) and the location is exactly where you want to be.

• 31st May 2011

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Flying Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

I liked this place. While you could say it's a little rough around the edges, Jen the owner is really nice and gets involved. The kitchen is a great area to meet other travellers and no bunk-beds is a nice change. I would def recommend this place.

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

This hostel has a great vibe and is definitely worth a stay. The location is right in the middle of the action, the staff are helpful and the lounge is perfect for meeting other backpackers!

• 15th Apr 2011

Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

A really friendly place with great staff. It's a small hostel which allows you to meet other travellers easily. Def recommend!!!

• 10th Apr 2011
  • Globetrotter

These guys know how to run hostels. A great hostel to meet people, a nice place to be and helpful staff. Perhaps computerised safe systems in the rooms would be the only way to improve (like they have in Seville Oasis).

Dear T, Thank you for your comment. We indeed chose to offer to our guests the old fashioned "padlock-locker" which means a lot bigger place to keep your stuff in. However, if you have some valuables you don't feel comfortable to leave there, we're more than happy to keep these in our safes at the reception. Hope to see you again! Kind regards, Yann Manager Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada

A nice place if you're on your own and looking to meet other travellers. Lounge is really cozy and good food by Fabio. Rooms are ok but not great.

Porto Spot Hostel

Porto, Portugal

It's probably been said already but more like a hotel than a hostel. The interior is top quality and makes for a nice place to spend a few days. It is a bit far from the town though and it's uphill on the way back!

• 30th Dec 2010

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Not quite sure how this place gets quite so high ratings but it certainly isn't a bad place either. The location is the best thing about it but there a much nicer hostels in Lisbon. Bathrooms are limited and rarely any hot water when I was there. They also say Wifi in rooms but again not when I was there plus it's very slow indeed when I accessed in in the lounge. Not bad!

• 27th Dec 2010

Oporto Invictus Hostel

Porto, Portugal

This is a really nice hostel with great staff.

• 26th Dec 2010

El Refugio Hostel

Ronda, Spain

This place is a great hostel to visit. You will be welcomed by Botz - a very entertaining host. The hostel is in a small village outside of Ronda but this is the attraction. My visit involved meeting the locals and having drinks till the early hours. Botz is also a great cook so take advantage. Def recommend!

• 26th Aug 2010
  • Globetrotter

staff were a bit useless except the chef bloke. Good location for summer time but bad location for any other time as its on the beach. rooms are cramped and very hot

Oasis Hotel Luxor

Luxor, Egypt

A great place to stay on the cheap in Luxor. The terrace is a great place to meet other travellers and the free tea and cake is a bonus. They even went out their way to make my room available after arriving early off the Cairo overnight train. You will enjoy this place - trust me!

Nuovo Ostello di Bergamo

Bergamo, Italy

Really clean but lacking a bit of character.

Good points: decent bar area and a good place to meet other travellers, cheap beer and food. Bad points: no lockers in my room, very small rooms, staff are rude and not interested and location is well out the way! This place is better for younger backpackers looking to get drunk away from home!

Red Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Not quite sure how this place gets such good ratings but not a bad place. Staff seem stressed and the condition of the rooms upstairs is a little under par. There are better places in KL.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A new place so very clean but have some quirky rules such as having to decide how much toilet paper you will use before going. Found female staff member a bit arrogant.

Vanilla Guesthouse

Goa, India

A really pleasant place to stay. Helpful staff and close to the beach. The balcony is a great place to read your book and chill out!

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

This place is great! Rooms are nice, toilets are spacious and very clean, staff are helpful and free internet is handy. Would def recommend!

Hostel One66

Singapore, Singapore

This place is so different from your typical hostels. Its very small - in fact so small that when you go up the stairs to the hostel you are in the hostel room!!! But this led to a great atmosphere and Yang and his father are very nice. I enjoyed my stay very much.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Might have just been the time of year but the bar was dead right through the weekend and none of the staff speak italian at all which is very strange.

this is a nice hostel with a cosy little bar on the ground floor. They dont like noise after 11pm but there are loads of bars near by. its a bit far from Train station or the catherdral but I walked it anyway with no problem. Good price too

Happy Inn Lodge

Interlaken, Switzerland

Bit boring really especially if you speak english as most people are non-english speakers. Found myself going to Balmers and Happy Inn lodge cause bar never fills up here!

Circus Hostel

Berlin, Germany

I liked this place - its a bit big but met loads of great people and its close to the bars. Would def recommend

This place is amazing - probaly the nicest hostel Ive ever stayed in and thats alot. The mansion is nicely laid out with excellent bar area and lounge. Lisbon has a number of quality hostels apparently and I would def recommend this one.

All the Oasis hostels are excellent. This one has a decent bar, does excellent tapas tours and the staff are really nice. Check this place out if you can!

Alibi B14

Piran, Slovenia

I really loved staying here and the staff were so helpful (cheers Damien). It is a little way out of Bled but you can hire bikes for free and the surrounding scenary is amazing! All in all a very nice place

Jakelj Backpackers House

Bled, Slovenia

A unique hostel which is quite far from Bled but free bicycle hire makes up for this. Set in great surroundings I really enjoyed my stay here.