Reviews: missbels

Location England, Gender Female, Age 41

The Garden Backpacker, Seville, Spain
30th May 2014

We had a great stay at this hostel and a very warm welcome from Frederico on arrival. Highly recommend this hostel- the garden is lovely too :)

Dar Lalla Kenza, Fez, Morocco
16th May 2013

I had a fantastic long weekend in this hostel. The famous Ben and his sister Rita offer their warm hospitality in this beautiful old building. The roof terrace offers incredible views across Fez and into the mountains and the location of the hostel couldn't be better- minutes from Place R'cif. The directions will be clear when you arrive and the hostel is clearly signed from the main road (remember, right then left- going in or out of the hostel!) Thanks for a great weekend, Ben :)

Oporto City Hostel, Porto, Portugal
22nd Feb 2013

This was a very clean hostel and the beds were lovely and comfy. There wasn't a lamp on my bed but I was brought one when I asked. When the staff were there, they seemed very friendly and helpful. But I didn't really like arriving at the hostel to find that there was no one on reception. I had to text a number to get the door code and then found my name and a key- good job I had a mobile with me. The location is fantastic and the hostel was exceptional value for money.

Aga Hamam Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
23rd Dec 2012

Fantastic location and an interesting building to stay in. Lovely big room, I stayed in the large dorm, which meant that I didn't really use the rest of the hostel. The terrace looks like it is a nice place to be in the summer. The one thing that I would recommend is that they put some information about the hammam in the dorm rooms, I wanted to know about the baths but the man who was there when I arrived didn't speak English. The free wifi was really handy over Christmas:)

Banana Backpackers, Seoul, South Korea
21st Nov 2012

Great location- very close to everywhere that I wanted to visit in Seoul. The hostel was very clean and the staff were incredibly friendly, knowledgable and just lovely. I would definitely stay here again:)

Casa Caracol, Cadiz, Spain
18th Aug 2012

Bahaus Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
17th Jun 2012

I stayed in this hostel five years ago and it was even better this time. Some people have mentioned that the beer in the bar was expensive but it was slightly cheaper than most bars we went to- and the views from the bar are great. It is super clean and friendly too. It is the little things like the plastic pockets next to the beds to put all your stuff in that make the difference. I would definitely stay there again

5th May 2012

My room had a lovely big picture of a cat on the wall but the promised reading lights weren't there- there were only two in the three bed room and only one worked. But the room was lovely. I hadn't noticed that the linen wasn't included- it cost an additional two euros which was disappointing in such a good quality hostel. You can't knock the location- it was amazing and I would definitely stay there again. Beds were really comfy too.

Auberge Abyss Douzi, Marrakech, Morocco
29th Oct 2011

Very clean hostel- some confusion with beds on a couple of nights and we weren't in this hostel- it was closed for a few days so we were in the other one. Staff very friendly and breakfast on the roof is highly recommended

Samay Hostel Sevilla, Seville, Spain
30th Dec 2010

If I could add a super excellent for cleanliness, I would. It was sparkling clean in every room- we even had a clean bath mat every day. The staff were what you hope for in a hostel- friendly, helpful and eager to find out what you have been up during the day. We were only there for two nights so we didn't really get into the hostel activities but there was something organised for every day. We followed the tapas recommendations though :)

6.3
19th Oct 2009

the guy that was working when we arrived was very unhelpful and wouldn't even give us a map on the first night. The lady, however, was lovely. The room was lovely and clean

PataPata Hostel, Valparaiso, Chile
8.0
14th Jan 2009

nice family-run hostel, great breakfast!

Hostal Forestal, Santiago, Chile
6.0
10th Jan 2009

There were some problems with this hostel. 1. The doorbell is at 122 not 120 2. there is no sign at ground level 3. the female dorm that I booked doesnt exist 4. The staff dont seem at all interested in the guests However 1. location was great 2. room was big (but too hot) 3. bed was very comfortable 4. if you ask the staff a question they can help 5. they had a barbecue one night It was just disappointing as the hostel looked like it would be good.

Lagares Hostel, Mendoza, Argentina
9.3
7th Jan 2009

This hostel was excellent. The room had one too many beds in it but that is the only gripe. The staff were awesome, all can speak English well (yes, Augustin, you too!). Adrian was one of the most enthusiastic people I have met and ask Juanjo to show you his card tricks and dont forget to take a bottle of Fernet with you. Enjoy!

Baluch Backpackers Hostel, Cordoba, Argentina
8.7
3rd Jan 2009

This was a nice hostel with a great roof terrace. Laura on reception is adorable:)

El Viajero - Hostel & Suites, Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay
29th Dec 2008

I was only there for a night but it seemed very nice.

Punta del Este Hostel, Punta del Este, Uruguay
26th Dec 2008

this hostel was fun. not so much for the hostel but for the people here at the time. My only complaints would be the breakfast (no juice so no drinks if you dont like tea or coffee and only toast with marmalade- not even dulce de leche!!) But it is a nice place with a good atmosphere and I would recommend it to others:)

Hostel Estoril, Buenos Aires, Argentina
4th Dec 2008

Very nice people, good place, helpful staff. Enough of a party without being a party hostel:)

Bahaus Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
7th Oct 2007

I had a great time here:)

Arco Youth Hostel A&A, Barcelona, Spain
7.7
5th Jul 2007

I booked this hostel without reading the reviews first then I was totally freaked out when I read them. I didn�t want to go. But I am glad that I did. The guy on the desk really appears to be the grumpiest person alive but actually he has always been very friendly and kind to me.. after the initial five minutes that is. The place is clean and the only time that I have seen it dirty is at the end of the day, long after the cleaner has packed up and gone home. There are only two PCs, it is true, but there is an internet cafe around the corner and a sign on the PCs asking people to limit their time to 15 minutes. I have actually extended my stay here. The only thing is that it is very noisy at night but it is in the heart of the action so that is to be expected. I am certainly glad that I didn�t read the reviews before I booked Arco otherwise I wouldn�t have gone there.

Hostel Marabou, Prague, Czech Republic
14th Jun 2006

It may seem a bit far from the City Centre but in actual fact it is only about fifteen minutes by bus and you get that feeling of satisfaction from successfully negotiating public transport in a foreign country!

Sant Jordi Arago Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
16th Apr 2006

I was only at this hostel for two days but I loved it! Free internet can't be bad and neither can be the fact that I was invited out for tapas by the reception staff the moment I checked in. The location can't be faulted and it is easier to find that you think that it will be

Paddy's Palace Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
6.0
2nd Aug 2001

better to only book the one night over the net and book the rest when you get there to avoid having to pay the extra �2 per night!