Location: Germany, Gender: Female, Age: 28

Pfefferbett Hostel

Berlin, Germany

The hostel is in a nice location which is very close to public transport. The room was tidy and the bed comfy. Every bed in my room had its own power outlet and reading light. They have a nice common area with a pretty good atmosphere. There is no wifi in the rooms though.

U inn Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Nice and clean hostel in a good location with fantastic staff.

Riverside Lodge Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Spacious rooms, very clean and in a good location.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel

Berlin, Germany

A nice hostel in a nice location. The bathrooms are really clean and the staff is super friendly and helpful. The dorm room was slightly smelly but otherwise great.

Newcastle Beach YHA

Newcastle, Australia

Great location, clean, spacious rooms and a house with great character. I would stay there again.

At Home Sukhothai

Sukhothai, Thailand

Stayed in one of the bungalows which was small but nice. Furniture is new, everything was clean and the beds were comfy. The hotel also offers nice enough food.

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Even though the rooms are quite basic I think this is one of the best hostels I stayed in during 5 months in Asia. The staff, especially Vee, are very warm and welcoming. They would organize events almost every night. If you want to meet people this is the place. I would definitely recommend this hostel to people visiting Chiang Mai!

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice and clean rooms with comfy beds. The hostel has a roof bar which makes it a very social place. If you want to go to bed early this might be a problem because it tends to be very loud in rooms next to the bar. Fortunately they close the bar around 11:00. The food in the restaurant is really good but a little pricy.

Here Be Dragons

Battambang, Cambodia

Dorm is nothing special but the atmosphere is quite social, especially on pub quiz night! The staff is very nice and helpful. I enjoyed my stay.

PP BackPackers

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Mui Ne Backpackers Resort

Mui Ne, Vietnam

Hostel is located at probably the best part of the beach.

Jade Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

The room was very nice and the staff extremely helpful. This is excellent value for money.

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

This hostel is really about the staff. Lilly and David are very helpful and go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. It is also really convenient to book tours and other tickets through them and they are very flexible if you change your plans. While I was on my trips to Halong Bay and to Sapa, I left my big backpack with them, which made things so much easier. The 6-bed dorm is a little bit cramped but fine otherwise. Also I appreciated the different options for breakfast (its free).

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

Safe, clean and nice hostel. Next Metro Station is just a short walk away. If you are not sure if you want to stay in the large dorm, I always find that it makes no difference to a 6 or 8 bed dorm. The staff could be nicer though.

I only stayed on night but it was enough to see how lovely and welcoming the staff is. My dorm room was a bit basic but fine for the money. The common area is good though.

Retrometro Backpackers

Tokyo, Japan

This hostel is really the loveliest I have ever stayed in. The staff is very friendly and really make you feel at home. The rooms are spacious enough, the beds are comfy and you really see the love the owners put into decorating every room. The location is a bit out of the way, but several metro stations are close enough and it is convenient to reach from Narita Airport. I stayed in several good hostels in Tokyo and this was definitely the best. If I could, I would come back in a heartbeat.

I stayed in the new part of the hostel and was surprised about how modern it is. Bathrooms are clean and the beds are comfy. Unfortunately the Wifi doesn't work in the new building and it is a bit less social. The staff is friendly, but their English is limited. Like many others I can recommend the Pizza!

Check Inn HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Very nice hostel! The rooms are a bit small, but everything is really clean. The staff is really great and very helpful!