Reviews: joeevo90

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 25

I had a great time here mainly thanks to the staff who where great. The location is really good as there are lots of things to do in Asakusa. The showers are great and the hostel was always warm. The bar is good and Aike who worked behind the bar was brilliant. She helped be book cheap buses that I couldn't find by myself and it was always good to talk to her when it was quite there.

• 20th Jan 2016

New Vision Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Good hotel for a decent price, like all hotels it doesn't have great atmosphere but I knew that when I booked. The staff are great and can't do enough for you.

• 8th Jan 2016

Hanoi Brother Inn

Hanoi, Vietnam

Nice hostel the staff are good but just be prepared for the haylong bay tour sales pitch when you first arrive. The beds are comfortable and the shower is decent. You get a locker so you don't need your own lock which is good. The location is great right in the centre of the old quarter.

• 5th Jan 2016

Hue Happy Homestay

Hue, Vietnam

A nice family stay/ hostel. The family are really nice and do a good breakfast. The location is good, down a quiet ally way. They can book tours for you and arrange onward travel.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Came here after staying in a family stay so it was very different experience this is more hotel than hostel. Didn't really see the staff until I was leaving as they are just trying to get good reviews. However they seem nice enough. They were doing a lot of work to the place when I was there and they were making a lot of notice which ruined things a little.

• 30th Dec 2015

Sac Lo Homestay and Hostel

Hoi An, Vietnam

The best hostel in Southeast Asia, the family are lovely, especially Lyna who will take care of everything you need while in Hoi an. I had my birthday here and they treated me great. They cook food a very few days and it's amazing you all eat as a family you can even help out. The hostel is very clean and because it is small, every guest gets to know each other, even guests from other hostels come here to hang out. DONT STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!!

• 27th Dec 2015

Mui Ne Backpacker Village

Mui Ne, Vietnam

Spent Xmas here and it was brilliant, they created a really good atmosphere and I met lots of people which was important as a solo traveller. The pool is great, the only bad thing I found was the wifi away from reception was pretty bad and sometimes never worked at all.

• 22nd Dec 2015

Wolfpack Hostel Dalat

Da Lat, Vietnam

A very nice hostel with some of the best beds I've seen in a hostel. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is a little bit out but I enjoyed the walk to the markets and crazy house.

• 19th Dec 2015

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

A good location down a cool little ally way. Very friendly staff and chilled out and relaxed atmosphere. Would stay here again.

• 16th Dec 2015

Envoy Hostel Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Very good hostel in a good area, the staff helped me a lot when I was having issues with my bank back at home. I met lots of people here and the tuk tuk drivers here are great.

• 13th Dec 2015
  • Globetrotter

Every onestop hostel in Cambodia seems the same, very clean, great staff, very good facilities and good location. However it also shares the same flaw with slow internet, however the computers provided are good. They provide great breakfast options at a good price and have a small but great value lunch/dinner menu. It has a good rooftop, great for meeting people but don't expect a party.

• 8th Dec 2015

Here Be Dragons

Battambang, Cambodia

Great little place with a good social bar but what made this place for me was Nakim. Nakim is a tuk tuk driver who takes you on tours around Battambang and he is great. He also works behind the bar sometimes. The hostel has great wifi and a good food selection and if you want to eat local it is close to the food market. You even get a free bear when you arrive. Would stay again.

• 6th Dec 2015

The Mad Monkey Kampot

Kampot, Cambodia

A fantastic hostel with great staff and a good vibe. It is a party hostel but in a good way, you can still sleep very well if you don't want to get involved. The food at the bar is fantastic and the view from the rooftop bar is great. The manager is always around and easy to talk to.

• 28th Nov 2015

One Stop Hostel Sihanoukville

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

A really clean hostel with very friendly staff and a great pool to relax by. The beds are very comfortable and the A/C is very good. The only thing is that the wifi is not great, however they have computers where it works fine.

• 25th Nov 2015

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

A good hostel with a lively bar and pool area. I enjoyed my stay, just be warned, if you are in one of the rooms overlooking the bar, you won't sleep until midnight as you can hear the music clearly. Also the wifi isn't great but I've not had fast wifi during my time in Cambodia. The staff are really nice and have tuk tuk drivers on standby so you know you get a good price.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your feedback. The above bar dorm room is our cheapest for that reason. If you need an early nights sleep then its probably best not too book into this dorm and one of our others would be more suitable. Based on similar feedback we are looking at starting to turn it down from 11pm. Really pleased that overall you loved your stay! Thanks again for your feedback and enjoy the rest of your travels :)

Khaosan Immjai

Bangkok, Thailand

Nice hostel close to Koh San road but without having to put up with noise. The staff are great and always keep the place clean and the staff on reception know everything. It also has great wifi.

• 20th Nov 2015

Aonang 88 Hostel

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Only stayed here for a night before a early flight so can't tell you too much. The staff seemed very nice looks like you could meet good people while still getting a good night sleep.

• 19th Nov 2015

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Good hostel very comfy, would stay here again if I wanted to stay in town. But I would recommend staying near the beach. Great place for meeting people.

• 15th Nov 2015

Non La Mer Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

One of the best hostels I've stayed in met lots of great people. You will always need a bike in Koh lanta no matter where you stay so this location is as good as any. Staff are friendly and helpful. I would come back in a heart beat.

• 12th Nov 2015

Pineapple Guesthouse

Phuket, Thailand

The staff are great here everything else is pretty average. Although you do get a good night sleep in a quieter part of Phuket.

• 8th Nov 2015

Hug Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

This was my second visit to Chiangmai Mai, and I wanted to stay somewhere different from before. The facilities here are great, it has a good bar downstairs with a pool table. The staff are nice and can organise most things from the hostel for you. The only thing that lets it down is the the location, it's quite a walk from most places and I know there are hostels in much better locations.

• 5th Nov 2015

Happy House Pai

Pai, Thailand

A good hostel, not the best but not the worst. The owners are great and make it a chilled out place to stay. It has a pool table and table tennis table.

• 31st Oct 2015

The Living Place 1

Chiang Mai, Thailand

A great hostel for meeting people, that's all down to the staff being amazing. Has A/C at night, however the showers aren't the best but are ok. It's about a 5-10 min walk to centre but is close to he night market.

• 28th Oct 2015

BED STATION Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Really great hostel with a good atmosphere, it's quite pricey but the facilities are very good and it has everything you need.

• 24th Oct 2015

Threehouse Bed and Breakfast

Kuching, Malaysia

The staff here are really great, and the owner is always around with her little puppy. A good location in Chinatown and close enough to anything you need. This place wasn't totally full when I was here but I met enough people to hangout with, I think if it was full I think the atmosphere would have been brilliant.

• 22nd Oct 2015

Sepilok Forest Edge Resort

Sandakan, Malaysia

This is a resort and not a hostel so you don't quite get the backpacker atmosphere, but it's still a really nice place to stay in Sepilok. It's really close to the sun bears and Orangutans and they can organise tours for you from the resort. Food and drinks are quite expensive here compared to the rest of Malaysia but the food is very good. Staff did get orders mixed up a lot, however they quickly corrected them.

• 18th Oct 2015
  • Globetrotter

A small hostel with a family like feel that is generated by the great staff. A good place for organising tours and close to the night market and shopping Center, so you can shop for the things you need before going to more remote places in Borneo. And is above a 24 hour gym, if you feel like you've eaten too much rice during your trip. Would stay here again.

• 16th Oct 2015

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Really good hostel, great staff and a fantastic location. Will stay here again if I'm back in KL. I've stayed in reggae mansion before in KL, I like there as well. That feels more like a hotel and this feels like a real backpackers, just like it should.

• 14th Oct 2015

Timur Guesthouse

Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Only stayed here for the night so can't give a massively detailed opinion but the staff were really nice the bunk beds were comfortable enough. The only people I saw in this hostel were the staff but I think if there were more people staying at the time I was I think it could be very sociable. I good place to stay for a stopover.

• 12th Oct 2015

The 80's Guesthouse

Penang, Malaysia

Good clean hostel with excellent shows. The wifi is average, the staff are good and the location is very good. Close to places with good food and social enough to meet others, although you can't make a sound in the hostel after 11pm so you either go out or go to bed.

• 28th Sep 2015

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

THIS IS A PARTY HOSTEL!!! Don't come here expecting amazing value for money or a peaceful nights sleep ( although I did sleep very well to be fair). The music is playing until 3 pm every night and if you are in the dorms you will hear it. They do offer ear plugs and lots of other services the place is very clean. The hostel offers so much you don't really need to leave for anything other than sight seeing. The staff are a bit mixed some are great but some are not helpful at all.

• 24th Sep 2015
  • Globetrotter

Yes we are a party hostel!! On our website it was stated that we are a party hostel, During check in that was highlighted to all our guests too. You have chosen you stay with us in spite of all these info and now you are complaining?

Jalan-Jalan Emas

Melaka, Malaysia

The best things about this hostel are the staff and the location. The staff (while I was there) were all backpackers and travelling themselves. This made for a great atmosphere in the hostel. The location is just of Jonker street which is great. The only slight bad point for is there is no a/c in the large dorm room. And no protection from Mosquitos, I was bitten a lot and badly.

• 21st Sep 2015

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Good hostel, friendly staff. The best things about this place however are the showers and mattresses. The showers are some of the best I've seen I. A hostel and the beds are the most comfortable Iv had in Asia so far. The rooms a have a/c and are comfortable. Location is close to little India and a cross the road is a great cheap place to eat. I would stay there again.

• 14th Sep 2015

The Phoenix

Shanghai, China

A good hostel in a very good location, great for food. The hostel bunkbeds were pretty standard for any hostel but I did find them a little hard. I didn't really interact with the staff much but they seemed nice enough and spoke good English. The hostel has a roof top bar, but I was there every night and hardly anyone while I was there used it. But I guess that's not the hostels fault. But this hostel is very good value for money. So would consider staying there again.

• 7th Sep 2015

Seoul I Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

I had a great time here, I can't recommend this hostel enough. The location, the facilities, the cleanliness, but most of all the staff. They are some of the best that I have met. They make this place feel like home. It's a great place to meet other travellers. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Seoul and I hope to come back sooner rather than later.

• 25th Aug 2015

Clink261

• 13th Sep 2014

Pars Teatro hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel, great staff and great people. Would come back to Barcelona just to stay here.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Feel bad because the staff were really nice but the hostel is pretty poor. There was no atmosphere, no one got to know each other. It's pretty run down the ac broke for a couple of nights so it was difficult to stay in the hostel.

• 27th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our Hostel. Changes have been made to ensure a more open and social atmosphere. The bit about the a/c unit was unfortunate timing, but has since been fixed and is working better than ever! We do hope you visit us again!

The best hostel I've stayed in the staff were great and the people that stayed there were great.

• 20th May 2013

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

I had a fantastic time here. The staff are great always getting you out and also keeping it cheap. If you stay anywhere else then your pretty stupid.

• 29th Apr 2013