Reviews: nikjacobson3766

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 27

Hostel99

Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic

Cozy attic with comfy beds, clean and good facilities like kitchen and bar/resto next door. Thought the guy who worked at reception was not the friendliest or most helpful (didn't tell us what see/do in town, forgot to give us keys). Vibe/atmosphere was really subdued. Most people kept to themselves and weren't really social. Not sure if it was because the weather was crap and no one was doing the rafting pub crawl. But from previous reviews I was expecting a social and friendly place.

• 31st Aug 2014

Hommiku Hostel

Parnu, Estonia

Good if you need a place to sleep and want to cook your own meals in your bedroom, but no atmosphere/social aspect...in fact we didn't run into a single other person staying here. Staff seemed uninterested, just gave us the key and took our money. No mention of what to see/where to eat.

Very clean and good location close to the bus station and center of old town. My biggest problem was the loud and rude Belgian stag party staying here - 26 drunk guys, yelling and slamming doors at all hours of the night/early morning. I like party hostels, but had I known this was the STAG party hostel of Riga, I would have booked somewhere else.

• 15th Aug 2014

Celica Art Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

A really cool concept and space, but I was disappointed with the big dorm room. It's basically an attic room with a ton of mattresses inches from each other. The locker I was assigned was broken and the 2nd bathroom in the room was out of order so the one everyone shared was filthy. The shower was also a light mist, no pressure. Knowing this, I would maybe stay somewhere else and just come check out the building for food and drinks and the tour of the cells instead.

Sincere apologies for the 2nd bathroom, which is currently out of order, we're working on refurbishing it, but have not completed the works yet, unfortunately. We would also wish you had informed us about the broken locker, which could have been fixed right away by our maintenance staff, present at the hostel every day. You are more than welcome to visit us again next time and book beds in maybe smaller dorms or cells in order to enjoy your stay more. Wish you all the best!

Zeppelin Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

OK place to stay in between the bus/train station and the center of Ljubljana. Wasn't the cleanest or most social place to stay, just kind of average. The free breakfast was kind of lame too, just toast and jelly. I didn't like the shower turned off every 5 seconds, 20 or 30 seconds would have been more reasonable.

City Circus Athens

Athens, Greece

Loved my stay here. Nice clean rooms with a real bathroom and aircon. Great location in a funky area near lots of caf├ęs, bars and the main sights. Big common area/bar was good for meeting fellow travelers and they had the World Cup games playing on a big screen. Helpful and friendly staff were great!

Pagration Youth Hostel

Athens, Greece

Unremarkable hostel. Only stayed one night because the price was cheap, but found it to be unsocial and hot as all hell in the summertime (no AC or working fan). If you can afford it, stay at Circus Hostel instead!

Teeraya Boutique Dormitory

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Only stayed one night before heading down to Bangkok. Rooms were clean and comfortable but very hot with only a fan and no AC. Pool is green water and weather wasn't great so I didn't swim. the staff was super helpful though with everything from lockers to laundry to taxis to the airport, very friendly! Good location if you are flying in/out of Chiang Mai bc it's close to airport.

Mushroom Point

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

Really enjoyed my stay at Mushroom Point. Very chill spot to relax, esp given the low season and there's no people! If you're looking for a quiet little retreat with a comfy bed and the rustic basics (no AC, squat shower) this is it. A little pricey but it seems typical with the rest of Otres.

• 28th May 2014

HI Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Atmosphere and social aspect were seriously lacking. The "hot tub" was unopened and never saw anyone in it. Moved to Mad Monkey after a few days and was much happier there. Much more social, had a restaurant and bar and the pool was absolutely necessary during the hottest time of year (April - June)

The Hideout Hostel Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Really fun and social spot in the middle of the backpacker area. Rooms are big with comfy beds and probably the best shower I've seen in all of Vietnam. Happy hour was great because you get two free Saigon greens from 6-7. Slightly lower rating for security because a guy brought up a couple girls to our room who weren't staying there, but just to use the bathroom so it was fine.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

The other reviews about it being a party hostel and Brits abroad is spot on, but it is a good location between town and the beach and a fun place to stay if you're looking for that type of party atmosphere. I was annoyed the staff were not very helpful and made us pay for two Snickers we didn't eat. I gave them an excellent rating on the facilities because of the pool and buffet breakfast, but make sure you get to the buffet early or everything will be picked over.

Funtastic Danang Hostel

Da Nang, Vietnam

A nice chill hostel to relax at for a few days, meet other travelers and get a local experience. The couple who manage the place have spot on tips for restaurants and places to go that don't feel touristy. The beds are really hard but the rooms are spacious, clean and air conditioned. The common area is a chill spot to watch movies, have a beer or just hang out. Highly recommend staying here if you are in Da Nang.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

There's not much to do in Hue so it's a fun place to stay if you're looking to party and meet other travelers. The happy hour is a great way to meet people and everyone usually ends up going out together. I found the beds comfy and rooms clean.

Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Great value for $5/night- good breakfast, comfy beds, friendly staff and reliable travel booking service. I booked my Halong Bay and Mai Chau tours through them.

Good location, however pretty touristy area. Free wifi was nice and staff was pretty helpful. Would recommend if going with someone you know because not the most social type of people stayed there.

YHA London Earls Court

Great location- that's the best part. Especially convenient if you need to get to/from Heathrow. I thought there should be free wifi. Staff was somewhat helpful. Not a party hostel- no bar and not a very communal atmosphere. Everyone kind of does their own thing.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

This is my second time here and again it was very clean and lots of fun at the WomBar. Location is the absolute best in the city. The neighborhood Mitte offers great bars, restaurants and shops, while only a couple metro stops from the main tourist attractions.

Apartmani Stanisic

Korcula, Croatia

Very loud when other guests come and go

S&L Guesthouse

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Gorgeous views of the water. Ante is great and the place is very clean and comfortable. Enjoyed this stay very much, even though it was a short bus ride from Old Town.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

The strick check-in and check-out times were very inconvenient, esp. when we arrived at 9am exhausted after a trans-atlantic flight and were told we had to wait until 2pm for our room.