• England, Female, 18-24
Alajuela Backpackers, Alajuela, Costa Rica
4.3
17th Mar 2014

The 'free' shuttle actually cost an EXTRA $5. The staff did not inform me that there is a bus NEXT DOOR to the hostel that takes you to the airport for $1! When another guest told me about this, I went and told reception and asked for my money back- WHICH THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME! You couldn't pay by card, even though it said so on hostelworld and on the website! The bar on the top floor closed at 12am and was extremely noisy, so I did not sleep before my 20+ hour journey home. No free lockers.

• England, Female, 18-24
Arenal Backpackers Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
7th Mar 2014

My favourite stay! I loved it here and no other places compared. I was travelling on my own and this hostel was my first stop. I was made to feel at ease and welcome straight away. The guys working there were great! The location and the tours on offer were brilliant and I had so so much fun!