Point Break Backpackers, Christchurch, New Zealand
18th Mar 2013

It is quite far from downtown, but buses are how I got around. The bathrooms were large and the dorm rooms were big as well. I loved the free breakfast, as that is not common in New Zealand, even if it was just toast.

Thank you for the feedback! The buses in Christchurch are some of the best public buses in New Zealand. (We're quite proud) We're sorry you missed out on the weetbix we normally provide for breakfast. We hope you come back and stay with us again as we're always trying to improve

Absoloot Value Accommodation, Queenstown, New Zealand
17th Mar 2013

Backpackers HQ, Sydney, Australia
17th Mar 2013

The location was very central, and the room sizes were pretty big. However, because I went during the summer/spring time it was very hot in my room, and there was no AC or fan. There is free breakfast, which was fantastic, and the courtyard in the middle of the hostel was very nice. I really liked my stay here.

Sir Cedric's Fox Glacier Pod Hostel & Inn, Fox Glacier, New Zealand
12th Mar 2013

The owner was incredibly friendly and made me feel very welcome. I really liked the small tour at night to see the glowworms!

Absoloot Value Accommodation, Queenstown, New Zealand
9th Mar 2013

This was by far the best hostel I stayed at in New Zealand. The beds, even in the dorm rooms, made me feel like I was in a hotel. They kitchen was small, but manageable. The staff was very friendly, especially Gus! The location is right in the heart of downtown and right by the lake. There was lockers in the rooms and a small fridge as well! The common room upstairs and in the lobby made for great places for meeting people.

Crash Palace, Rotorua, New Zealand
6th Mar 2013

It was a very good hostel, centrally located, although I wish there were lockers in the dorm rooms. There were lockers downstairs in the lobby, though. The bathrooms were big and modern, and there was a lot of common space areas to meet other backpackers.

thank you for taking the time to leave a review we appreciate the feedback. we did try the lockers in the rooms when we got them it just seemed to cramp the room and limit the space people had. we are glad you enjoyed your stay and wish you a safe journey through NZ

• USA, Female, 18-24
YHA National Park Backpackers & Climbing Wall, Tongariro National Park, New Zealand
4th Mar 2013

I thought the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. They provide a lot of information about the various hikes and walks in the area. I would really like to have had a locker of some sort to put valuables in while on the day hikes, but I just gave it to the staff in the lobby and it was fine in the end. The rooms were large (I stayed in a 10 bed) and the kitchen was even more so. They conserve water here so the shower pressure is like a trickle.

Borders Beyond, Auckland, New Zealand
6.3
3rd Mar 2013

Borders Beyond, Auckland, New Zealand
6.0
27th Feb 2013

The owner was incredibly helpful and friendly and made me feel instantly welcome. However, the kitchen was very dirty with bugs everywhere and dirty dishes and I thought a kitchen clean would do a world of difference.

2nd Apr 2012

Funky Cordoba, Cordoba, Spain
27th Mar 2012

• USA,
Hotel Gamla Stan, Stockholm, Sweden
9.3
23rd Jul 2010

I wish we had lockers to put our bags in in our rooms. I have never been in a hostel where that is not provided.