Location USA, Gender Male, Age 28

Thessaloniki Studios Arabas, Thessaloniki, Greece
19th Sep 2016

Second time being there. The first was for our honeymoon. The staff is great and the owner (Theodora) remembered us and gave us a warm welcome. Kosta (her son) and Vaggelis were also just as warm and accommodating. It's in a very beautiful part of town away from the noise of Egnatia, but just a 10 min walk away.

you guys are amazing!Travelled the from the other side of the world- twice and visited us again!we will never forget you.all the best

Canadiana Backpackers Inn, Toronto, Canada
28th Aug 2015

Amsterdam Hostel, San Francisco, USA
7.1
24th Apr 2015

Pretty standard hostel. My wife and I booked a private double bed for 2 nights. Security - Sometime after midnight my wife and I were woken by another guest opening our locked door with a working keycard. My own keycard was disabled and when I mentioned it to the front desk, they didn't apologize, they only said that the event the previous night was a mistake. Atmosphere - The toilets make a loud screeching noise when flushed and it cuts right through the walls. Made it hard to sleep.

Mediterranean Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
16th Sep 2014

Hostal Alhambra Girona, Girona, Spain
7.1
15th Sep 2014

I marked "average" for location because it is a ways off from the centre in a mostly residential quarter with only a few bars/restaurants nearby. It seemed more like a bunch of apartments being rented out rather than a hostel. We only saw one other guest, we only saw a hostel-worker once when we arrived around 10pm. There wasn't a reception, just a number on a note saying to call it if arriving late. The owner had to visit a hospital when we were there, but he was very kind and helpful.

Thessaloniki Studios Arabas, Thessaloniki, Greece
12th Sep 2014

My wife and I stayed there during our honeymoon. Theodora and her son Kostas were very kind and friendly people; great examples of Greek hospitality. Theodora always talked to us as friends and made sure we were taken care of. Will definitely return!

Alexandria Hotel, Thessaloniki, Greece
8th Sep 2014

Mediterranean Youth Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
7th Sep 2014

Prague Lion Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
6th Aug 2013

We recently stayed in a double room with a shared bathroom on the floor. Great location just a five minute walk from Wenceslas Square and Old Town. Friendly staff. There were plenty of amenities in the room including extra sheets, cups and dishes, and a refrigerator. Not much common space. I ranked cleanliness as "good" because the bathroom was slightly flooded one of the mornings.

7.4
5th Aug 2013

We booked two beds in a 4 bed mixed dorm. Security is average because the two people in the bunk beds opposite were each able to bring in another person who stayed the night. The carpeted floor was wet for most of the day we were there. There was plenty of common area and a good breakfast. It wasn't far from the metro and just down the hill from Sacre Coeur.

3rd Aug 2013

This hostel was very charming and has a lively atmosphere. The staff were helpful. The bike rentals were cheaper than those in town. Breakfast was good. It's close to a lot of great bars and eateries and it's just a 10-15 minute walk from the center. Can't beat the price either.

Lollis Homestay, Dresden, Germany
26th Jun 2013

Wonderful hostel. It's in the heart of Neustadt. The staff are friendly and super helpful. The atmosphere is avant-garde, artsy, and cozy. They serve a free dinner on Wednesday nights and it feels like a community. There's a full kitchen and they serve good beers at reception. I'd definitely return.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Hostel Marabou, Prague, Czech Republic
25th Jun 2013

This is probably my favourite hostel. The rooms are large, with a nice view of the greens of Zizkov Hill. The staff are friendly and helpful. There are a lot of common areas that facilitate social interaction. It's just a 15-20 minute walk to the center, and there's a bus stop right outside if you prefer a faster option. They've also got great prices. I've stayed there three times in the past two years, and I'll certainly return when I'm in Prague again.

28th Jun 2012

Hostel Centre, Prague, Czech Republic
14th Apr 2012

A stove would've been nice, but otherwise it was a nice place to stay and good value for the price.

Art Lounge Hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
21st Dec 2011

There aren't any lockers, but I never felt that my belongings were in danger of theft. One of the hostel workers kept a bunch of money on the ledge near his bed. The location is top-notch. You're a 2-5 minute walk to the closest Metro Station, and the Metro here is excellent and dirt cheap. You can also walk to most the sights. It's clean for guy standards. Mikolay is a good person and goes above and beyond to help the guests. The other staff workers seem closed off at first, but are also kind.

Hostel Marabou, Prague, Czech Republic
26th Aug 2011

I've stayed here twice for about 4 days at a time. Excellent and very helpful staff. I marked down security because there were a couple incidents of theft the second time I stayed there involving a strange middle-aged, barefoot, man. He unnerved quite a few guests. In the staff's defense, they tried their best to kick him out, but I guess he was just adamant on staying. Zizkov's a great neighborhood and the center is only 15-20 min walking. I'll return.

Pythagoras Hotel, Samos Island, Greece
5th Aug 2010

My friend and I stayed there for 3 nights. Stelios, the owner, is a very kind man. He and his wife run the hotel, and cook the meals to order. They really make sure that you're taken care of. It's a few blocks from the center of town. And the buses don't run very frequently, so I recommend renting a car. Nevertheless, the hotel is right next to a nice beach, and next door is a great taverna with a view of the cove and a terrific sunset. I'd definitely go back here.

Pagration Youth Hostel, Athens, Greece
29th Jul 2010

Wonderful staff. The Hostel is on a quiet street, but surrounded by shopping, grocery stores, and only a block away from the main strip in Pagrati. There are 2 bus lines that run frequently to Syntagma, and all the sights is within a half hour walking distance. The best part is the friendly, social atmosphere though. You can't put a price on that.