Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Prague Lion Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

We recently stayed in a double room with a shared bathroom on the floor. Great location just a five minute walk from Wenceslas Square and Old Town. Friendly staff. There were plenty of amenities in the room including extra sheets, cups and dishes, and a refrigerator. Not much common space. I ranked cleanliness as "good" because the bathroom was slightly flooded one of the mornings.

Regent Hostel

Paris, France

We booked two beds in a 4 bed mixed dorm. Security is average because the two people in the bunk beds opposite were each able to bring in another person who stayed the night. The carpeted floor was wet for most of the day we were there. There was plenty of common area and a good breakfast. It wasn't far from the metro and just down the hill from Sacre Coeur.

This hostel was very charming and has a lively atmosphere. The staff were helpful. The bike rentals were cheaper than those in town. Breakfast was good. It's close to a lot of great bars and eateries and it's just a 10-15 minute walk from the center. Can't beat the price either.

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

Wonderful hostel. It's in the heart of Neustadt. The staff are friendly and super helpful. The atmosphere is avant-garde, artsy, and cozy. They serve a free dinner on Wednesday nights and it feels like a community. There's a full kitchen and they serve good beers at reception. I'd definitely return.

Hostel Marabou

Prague, Czech Republic

This is probably my favourite hostel. The rooms are large, with a nice view of the greens of Zizkov Hill. The staff are friendly and helpful. There are a lot of common areas that facilitate social interaction. It's just a 15-20 minute walk to the center, and there's a bus stop right outside if you prefer a faster option. They've also got great prices. I've stayed there three times in the past two years, and I'll certainly return when I'm in Prague again.

Le Montclair Montmartre

Paris, France

Hostel Centre

Prague, Czech Republic

A stove would've been nice, but otherwise it was a nice place to stay and good value for the price.

Art Lounge Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

There aren't any lockers, but I never felt that my belongings were in danger of theft. One of the hostel workers kept a bunch of money on the ledge near his bed. The location is top-notch. You're a 2-5 minute walk to the closest Metro Station, and the Metro here is excellent and dirt cheap. You can also walk to most the sights. It's clean for guy standards. Mikolay is a good person and goes above and beyond to help the guests. The other staff workers seem closed off at first, but are also kind.

Hostel Marabou

Prague, Czech Republic

I've stayed here twice for about 4 days at a time. Excellent and very helpful staff. I marked down security because there were a couple incidents of theft the second time I stayed there involving a strange middle-aged, barefoot, man. He unnerved quite a few guests. In the staff's defense, they tried their best to kick him out, but I guess he was just adamant on staying. Zizkov's a great neighborhood and the center is only 15-20 min walking. I'll return.

Pythagoras Hotel

Samos Island, Greece

My friend and I stayed there for 3 nights. Stelios, the owner, is a very kind man. He and his wife run the hotel, and cook the meals to order. They really make sure that you're taken care of. It's a few blocks from the center of town. And the buses don't run very frequently, so I recommend renting a car. Nevertheless, the hotel is right next to a nice beach, and next door is a great taverna with a view of the cove and a terrific sunset. I'd definitely go back here.

Pagration Youth Hostel

Athens, Greece

Wonderful staff. The Hostel is on a quiet street, but surrounded by shopping, grocery stores, and only a block away from the main strip in Pagrati. There are 2 bus lines that run frequently to Syntagma, and all the sights is within a half hour walking distance. The best part is the friendly, social atmosphere though. You can't put a price on that.