Luka's Lodge

Hvar, Croatia

Luka is awesome, super helpful and friendly. The lodge has a great location. Beds are comfortable, but our bathroom was pretty dirty and didn't have any hot water

Adriatic Hostel

Split, Croatia

Very nice staff and great location. Bathrooms and kitchen were extremely dirty.

Metropolis Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Amazing location, good staff.

Good place to stay. Management was very helpful and nice. I didn't realize this place wasn't a "true hostel" in that there is no common area to cook your meals etc. that said, there is a kitchen where you get free breakfast and can buy meals (cheap prices) throughout the day. Fairly clean facilities although our comforter did have a large blood colored stain on it...

Bon Accord Backpackers

Akaroa, New Zealand

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

Wasn't too pleased. The trash was over flowing and all over the floor and no staff member was emptying it. This YHA also charged me more than they should have and when I emailed to inquire about the overcharge- nobody ever responded. Staff also wasn't too polite. This was the second YHA I have stayed at. In all honesty, I will be avoiding these as much as possible in the future.

Haka Lodge Queenstown

Queenstown, New Zealand

YHA Wellington City

Wellington, New Zealand

Kitchen was closed when it should have been open. Not much personality. The other two people in my room checked in at 3 am which I think shouldn't have been allowed in a room that was full of other people. You can't store your luggage and have to pay for lockers. Not impressed

YHA National Park Backpackers & Climbing Wall

Tongariro National Park, New Zealand

I would only stay here for the location. But I would probably look for another hostel. I was awake in the middle of the night listening to nice running in the ceiling. The kitchen trash cans were only emptied once a day so were always full and trash was always falling out on the ground. Not the best.

Pentlands Backpackers Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

Great place to stay! Outside of the city, but only a short bus ride or cheap can away. The hostel is in a neighborhood so the deck closes at 10. The staff is friendly and it has a very homey feel.