• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
YHA London St Pancras, London, England
22nd Aug 2014

I only stayed here for a few hours, because of its proximity to Kings Cross, St. Pancras, and Euston stations. It is directly across from St. Pancras and less than a five minute walk to the other stations. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hostel I picked just for its convenience also had a really nice room with an en suite bathroom and plenty of privacy. Unfortunately, the hostel charges for WiFi, which is sort of a deal breaker.

Kick Ass Hostels, Edinburgh, Scotland
19th Aug 2014

This was really one of the nicest hostels I've ever stayed in. It was in a fun, central area, had a nice bar, and great storage facilities for every guest. I love that each bed had an outlet, USB outlet, reading light, and locker. The beds were also not piled on top of one another, like I've seen in other hostels. The staff were not always especially knowledgeable, but some of them were helpful. It was sort of expensive, but that's to be expected for August in Edinburgh.

Clink78, London, England
6.9
18th Aug 2014

The idea of converting an old courthouse into a hostel is very clever. That is was drew me to Clink78. The lobby had a really nice atmosphere, and I appreciated that breakfast was included. The real downside to the hostel was the dorm room. It appeared that Clink wanted to maximize their capacity by filling every room with as many bunk beds as possible. It made the room very cramped and uncomfortable. The luggage room was also an issue, as all guests just stored their bags in one space.

Hello, thank you for your time leaving us a review. Really nice to hear that you have liked the building and enjoyed staying in a former courthouse! Some of our rooms are on a small side, come talk to our reception team next time - we can offer you to swap to more spacious dorm. Luggage room gets really busy before the check-in starts but only for a few hours, hopefully this didn't complicate you stay too much:) Really hope to see you again, have safe trips! Indra

Bath Backpackers, Bath, England
5.7
17th Aug 2014

The location was amazing and the staff was nice, but nothing else was good. Reception calmed to be 24 hours, but when I arrived to check in at 11 pm, the door was locked and no one was in the office to check us in. When a guest finally found an employee, they informed us that the only showers were located in the basement. Every floor had one toilet and no shower. The rooms were packed with as many beds as physically possible with no secure storage. We checked out first thing in the morning.