Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

High quality hostel, great staff and atmosphere. Will stay here again next summer.

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

Only complaint is the internet didn't make it to my bed.

RC Miguel Angel

Madrid, Spain

Staff struggled with English at times, there was no common room, and the internet connection was poor. Excellent location and good security, though.

El Granado

Granada, Spain

Not many people when we were here, but we were there early in the week. Otherwise, very little to complain about.

Hotel Martello

Venice, Italy

It's a hotel, so the atmosphere is what it is. It's easy to get to and from main Venice from the hotel but it isn't on the island.

Emerald Palace

Florence, Italy

Only complaint is that from the double, you hear the market hustle and bustle starting very early.

Ostello Gallo D'Oro

Florence, Italy

Only stayed here for a night, but I would stay again if need be. Main complaint is its location...long walk to mostly anywhere.

Vila Veselova

Ljubljana, Slovenia

I had my bag stolen here in a random act of theft, but the owner was absolutely fantastic in rectifying the situation. The hostel insurance covered my costs, and the owner kept me informed throughout the entire process. I cannot state this enough: the owner of the hostel is amazing and will make sure your stay is a good one.

Chillout Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Try the homemade alcohol!

Dink's Place

Hvar, Croatia

Owner and staff are superb, and the hostel is well connected with boat cruises, pub crawls, etc. Wifi was reliable, and laundry service was adequate. Good kitchen and nice outdoor patios for socializing. Only complaint is lack of hot water if you aren't first to shower. I strongly recommend this hostel (and Dink if you're a nice lady). Will stay here when I return in the future.

Villa Divine

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Staff was helpful, hostel is beautiful, and the location is bearable thanks to the bus system. Would stay again.

Thanks for the compliments! Hope that you enjoyed your stay with us! Best wishes!

Chillout Hostel Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

Air conditioned, huge lockers, great staff, a reasonable breakfast, and a near-perfect location. The homemade alcohol was delicious as well. Only complaint was the continual absence of toilet paper and/or paper towels in the bathrooms; they were replenished upon request, but it was a nuisance to have to check each time.

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

The shower has no railing to keep the water from flooding the entire bathroom; this was paired, in my room, with a clogged drain, so the entire restroom had a wet floor from the second someone took a shower that day until the cleaners came the next day. Internet cut out semi-frequently and the staff didn't seem particularly keen on helping people or answering questions -- albeit there are a lot of people to deal with. Atmosphere is great, though, so if you can overlook the above, you'll have fun

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

The shower on my floor didn't drain well, and the water temperature was very inconsistent. Very helpful staff, though. Because each floor has its own social area, the overall atmosphere of the hostel wasn't what it could be.

Thanks a lot for the comment and sorry for the water problem. Since then, we have implemented a new heater in that area to provide constant hot water flow. We organize social events every Wednesday and Saturday in our main area on the half floor, but we will try to make this more frequently.

Terviseks

Tartu, Estonia

The hostel was quiet for my entire stay, but it was on a Sunday & Monday while school wasn't in session. The hostel certainly was clean, though, and the location can't be beaten.

The Monk's Bunk Kaunas

Kaunas, Lithuania

The hostel has a key for the front door, your room, and your locker, providing you with great security. The hostel is located on one end of the legendary Laisves Aleja, but it's the end closest to the bus and train stations...so basically perfect. I cannot understate the next point: the owner of the hostel is awesome. He's 26 (so he gets it), is a native, and is willing to help you find pubs, church ruins, etc. The common area really is large and forces you to interact with others. Great hostel.

Yes, i can help you to find everything between good pub's and old churches:))

Hostelgate B'n'B

Vilnius, Lithuania

Hard to complain about this hostel. Staff are helpful, everything was as advertised, and the location is a perfect mix of being close to transport and close to fun/sights.

David, enjoy your trip!! Will be waiting for you here next time! :)