Globe Backpackers Exeter

Exeter, England

Quite a walk from the station & as check-in is restricted to the afternoon we had to kill time exploring the town with our luggage dragging us down. However,both the Quay,Cathedral & town centre are within 5mins walking distance.The staff was very friendly & recommended a great café nearby. While the kitchen facilities were as good as it gets, the showers weren't: you had to constantly push a button lest the water stops running & I wished I'd brought shower slippers. Quaint rooms, cozy beds!

• 5th Apr 2013

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Located in the heart of Temple Bar, Abigail's is the perfect place to stay for anyone looking to have a 'craic' night out. I stayed in a 10 bed female dorm overlooking the river and the view of the city lights at night are the perfect image to see before you go to sleep. The rooms are clean, the staff is helpful and nice, the area is safe and all of the main attractions are only a short walk away. I met the most eclectic crowd of travellers from all over the world and had the best time!

• 8th Feb 2012

Equity Point Gothic

Barcelona, Spain

Excellent location (right near the Metro Jaume and only a short walk from La Rambla) and free parties every night. If you're looking to get some sleep, don't stay there - unless you're really good at making people shut up and respect sleeping hours. The noise from the streets will still keep you awake though. They don't give you sheets in the summer which made it pretty hard to sleep as the aircondition worked pretty well and I was freezing. The staff was detached and not very helpful. Good place to meet ot

• 25th Jul 2010