Nomads Airlie Beach, Airlie Beach, Australia
8th Apr 2013

The layout of the hostel is quite cool, and I enjoyed the atmosphere. Everyone was in general quite friendly. Location was great. The reception closes at 9 though and everyone has to go out. My bus was at 11 45 at night, so I had to sit with my bags under an overhang for a couple hours with my bags while it was raining. Definitely not the funnest thing. Besides that though, good place, good location, good people.

Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel, Townsville, Australia
7.7
6th Apr 2013

Staff were very nice and friendly. Only problem I had with the hostel is that it is a little TOO strict and tidy. You have to reserve a time to do your laundry (they unlock the doors for you). And the kitchen and common rooms all shut down relatively early. We were just playing a game quietly and they came and said they had to turn out the lights and what not. So that ruined the social aspect that you hope for in a hostel.

Our laundry facility suffered a lot of breakage when it was freely accessible. Most of our guests appreciate the effort we make to ensure a laundry machine is reserved for them and is in working order. Our night manager is in charge of keeping the hostel safe and quiet. Although it was probably a bit too strict of him to stop a quiet game, he was fulfilling his duty to ensure that all our guests can have a great night sleep.

Dreamtime Travellers Rest, Cairns, Australia
3rd Apr 2013

Great people. Great atmosphere. Rooms were a little stuffy, but other than that had a great stay. Helped me out with everything I wanted to do, had great suggestions. Very friendly, remembered my name, which is cool.

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2, Singapore, Singapore
30th Mar 2013

Good location, easy to get to everything in Singapore. Lots and lots of food places around, which you can buy for relatively cheap (for singapore anyways). The staff were awesome, especially Fiona. She cooked me some food, was so tasty. A good place you can meet lots of people as well. I would stay here again if I'm in Sing again.

Hong Kong Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.9
23rd Mar 2013

Good location in Hong Kong, supermarket is just across the street. Downside is that there are no cheap restaurants around. But is decent for the money I suppose.

14th Mar 2013

Good location, short walk from anything. Lots of little shops around to get some cheap food. Staff weren't the friendliest, but they helped when asked. Can't complain.

Trippers Carpe Diem, Yangshuo, China
8th Mar 2013

Great hostel, very friendly staff, as well as Tripper, he is a super cool guy. It is a short way outside of the centre but I really enjoyed the quiet and the view. Plus bikes are free so that is no complaints at all. The food was very good as well as the beer (not just Tsingtao). Bed was quite comfortable and the rooms were spacious. If I was back in Yangshuo would not hesitate one second to stay here again!

Wada Hostel in Guilin, Guilin, China
5th Mar 2013

Fantastic hostel! I got the airport pickup and the owner came at 11 at night. Had a good chat with her. The girls on staff are incredible. Super friendly, super helpful, lots of ideas. The location is close to the train and bus stations, just a short walk, and there are lots of shops around. Would definitely stay here again if I'm ever back!

Dear, Thanks for staying with us, it was a really nice chat with you. :) Hope you will come back China soon. Zhuning

16th Feb 2013

Very good hostel, good location. Easy walk to metro and bus stations. The staff were very friendly, very helpful, easy to get along with. I also stayed in Mix's new hostel, Flip Flop Lounge. That hostel was even better. I would tell anyone going to Chengdu to go to Flip Flop. The place has a great atmosphere, incredible staff, great facilities, great location. Made my stay in Chengdu an unforgettable one!

Thanks for your high compliment for our 3rd hostel "Flipflop", no matter you will stay in Mix or Flipflop, you are always welcomed! :) See you soon, Best regards,

7th Feb 2013

Stayed for a few days. I met some really awesome people here. The bar is great for that. Also a great location. The staff were very nice and very helpful. Stay here.