Location Australia, Gender Female, Age 27

6th Jul 2013

It is located on the edge of chinatown, not the best area, but I didn't feel unsafe walking alone at night. It is very close to King St Station for early Amtrak trains, and Union Station, making it very easy to get around via public transport should you choose not to walk. Definitely not a hostel if you are looking to party, but good if you are looking for a place to sleep after a long day of walking.

7.4
3rd Jul 2013

Don't get confused with the HI-City Center a block up. It's a strange little privately-owned hostel, but I met some wonderful people there! I was lucky to get a room with ensuite so I didn't have to use the communal showers. The place is a little run down, with sticky floors in the dining room, kitchen, and basement bar. No planned activities, apart from free beer every night in the basement. Also, luggage storage is next door for $3 or $5, can't remember. Free pancakes!

USA Hostels San Francisco, San Francisco, USA
1st Jul 2013

It is pricey for a hostel, but the facilities are top notch, absolutely fantastic. I had a fantastic stay, met great people, and enjoyed their activities.

7.7
27th Jun 2013

I can live with PB&J. This is a very small hostel in the heart of Hollywood Blvd. I discovered that I'm not a fan of Hollywood, or LA when I got there, but the owner, staff (who live there), the residents, and other travellers MADE my visit to LA. For those needing parking, you can park securely and cheaply in the Hollywood & Highland centre as long as you validate your ticket at their info centre. I recommend pay a few more dollars for female dorm which has been renovated.

• Australia,
Hotel 22 Marzo Milan, Milan, Italy
12th Jul 2010

Great location, with trams and buses right outside. Very close to city centre, approx. 20min walk.