Location: Australia, Age: 30

In&basic Hostel Lounge

San Jose, Costa Rica

It's a good hostel, clean, secure and great internet and bathrooms. This place is everything that most of the party hostels around latin america aren't. The matresses are a little uncomfortable but for the nights I was there is quite and peaceful. This is the sort of hostel that I would recommend if you are looking to reset. Which you some times are on a long trip or thinking about an early flight the next morning.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your comments; and yes we are not a party hostel; we sale confort, good vibes, peace, a good night sleep.. and thats actually our strong front! X Paula

12:12 Hostels

Bogota, Colombia

This place is unbelievable, I have never seen a hostel in such good condition. Maria is a fantastic person and also very attractive, holds down the fort very admirably for Colombian women. In terms of facilities it is definatly one of the best in the world. The beds are also phenomenal, some of the best matresses that I've slept on in my life, not just on this trip or anywhere in the world. In my life!! Super markets are close by, the hostel is also in a very nice part of town.

• 21st Aug 2014

Community Hostel

Quito, Ecuador

Great hostel, very clean, very spacious, great internet, great bathrooms, great common areas, interesting staff, not close to the night life. Breakfast is cool to be a part of and some of the evening events are nice. I felt the dinners were a little over rated at times, they (the dinners) are however a good opportunity to socialise, meet the staff and other travelers. I enjoyed my time there and overall would recommend staying here. Ladies night on the wednesday at bungalow is a lot of fun!

• 12th Aug 2014

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

"Lemon Spirit" is one of my two favorite hostels in the world. The best showers in the whole of Brazil and potential of any hostel in South America. Rodrigo, Bea, Lucus, Natalia, Gaspa and company are awesome. Make sure you challenge Rodrigo to the pig game. If it can be helped stay in dorm 1, that is by far the best dorm. I stayed here for approximately 3weeks during my time in Brazil and it was everything I could wish for and more. Literally 5mins from Impanema, the world count can't begin to.

• 17th Jul 2014

Hostel Terra da Luz

Fortaleza, Brazil

Nico and he's wife do make an effort it's the execution that lacks; also the skinny buzz cut is very helpful...6ppl in a room as big as most ppl's bathrooms, check; top bunk so close to the ac you catch a cold; bottom bunk so hot you can't sleep; average breakfast; bags all over the floor you need to climb over them to get in and out of your bunk; mosqusiots; staff that don't speak a word of English, check. Honestly, what more could you want. How about over priced transfers to games...

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Globetrotter

Dear James Jong,. First of all our staff does speak English as you know. since you come from Australia I supposed your English would be better and say it is " his wife and not he's wife." Besides that you left without paying your bill in the bar and forgot to pay for the surfboard you did rent and break. I do not know what you expect from a breakfast but I would call a breakfast with eggs , sausage, ham , cheese and yogurt average.

Priates Da Praia is surprisingly good for a hostel in Brazil - great atmosphere. It is considerably cheaper (66BRL compared to +100BRL) than many of the other top rated hostels around Brazil in Natal and Fortaleza. I thought the execution was very well done, there is a great atmosphere there. The crowd is a mix of South Americans and westerns which added to the atmosphere and vibe of the hostel. Definately give the lunch (14BRL) that they offer a try, surprisingly the best meal I had in Brazil.

• 18th Jun 2014

Albergue da Costa Hostel

Natal, Brazil

My stay was enjoyable, definitely do recommend staying there were a couple of time when I though ok that's a little tight - but I'll get to that later. First the good, the staff are fantastic, Mariah and Yianita are fantastic. The crowd is very pleasant, it's not really a party hostel but it is what you make it. It's close to the beach and the all the main clubs. The four bed dorm is very hot, so avoid it if you can. I also, thought charging 100rl to stay on the couch was a little over the top.

• 9th Jun 2014

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I had a great time at Milhouse, there really is barely a dull moment here at the hostel. It is true, large, party hostel, plenty of drinking, socialising and all that sort of good stuff to be at this hostel. The hostel really makes it very easy for you party and go all out every single night because of the size and the way it is set up. You will always have people to go out with and places to go. Definately worth a visit if you love to party!!! Crowd is all gringo...but still a great time.

• 30th May 2014

Orange Pekoe Guesthouse

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I stayed in a double bed ensuite, the shower is a little small and it is expensive but I can't fault the hostel for anything apart from value for money. This is not somewhere that I would usually stay but it was very good none the less if you are looking for some space before a flight or simply want a break from the hussle and bussle of the backpacker trail.

• 6th Feb 2014

Roommates Penang

Penang, Malaysia

This hostel had bed bugs. Avoid the Dorm on the right as you reach the top of the stairs (next to the lockers) in roommates one, I was in the top bunk on the right as soon as you walk into the room. I found a live adult bed bug in my bed that I bagged and brought to the staff on the second night of my two night stay. I am a little annoyed at myself for being complacent on the first night. To be honest I think Penang must be or must be close to the be bed bug capital of Asia.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

James we are terribly sorry but am glad you did informed us so we took immediate remedial action. We turned the particular bed upside down to ensure it is free of these pests and did the same for all the other beds.

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Notes: Real saving grace is the roof top bar, met some amazing ppl mostly from the UK and around the world (its pumping most nights). I met people that I will be friends with for a long time. The dorms are OK, and maybe good at best . The rooms are a little aged in my opinion, but still it is a great place to stay. Philo chick on reception is cute!

• 7th Jan 2014

Khaosan River Inn Hostel

• 15th Dec 2013

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

Lub'd is a fantastic choice when staying in Bangkok, I have stayed at both the Lub'ds (silom and siam square). Personally I prefer the siam Square one because of the food and shopping that you have access to. Siam Square (lub'd) is walking distance from MBK and Siam Paragon. Transport wise it is right underneath the National Stadium BTS station. In addition to this the premises are, as expected, immaculate. One thing I should note is that there is this weird smell, that resonates up and down the

• 4th Dec 2013

Mystic Jaisalmer

Jaisalmer, India

It's not a hostel, very much a hotel. It is a nice place to stay but it is neither cheap or a good place to meet other travelers. I would recommend it but don't expect to meet anyone.

• 25th Oct 2013

Vinayak Guesthouse

Jaipur, India

Great place to stay in Jaipur!! It is very good value for money, like most of the accommodation in India it's not a hostel in the true sense of the word hostel or even travelers lodge. In spite of this it is still a great place to stay if you are looking for accommodation in Jaipur.

• 24th Oct 2013

Hotel The Spot

New Delhi, India

Definately a hotel, which is to be considered when aligning expectations. In saying nothing really bad to say about my stay. They are very accommodating and I had some of the best tandoori chicken from a street side vendor on the Main Street.

• 17th Oct 2013

Prison Hostel

Goa, India

The property is brand spanking new, its great value for money, a short walk or scooter ride to arjuna beach, all the staff are friendly and knowledgable, Jason (owner) is a little quite in my opinion but it doesn't detract from the experience, he definitly knows his stuff. The place is very well run, the only thing I could fault was the Internet access on mobile and portable devices, was inconsistent at times, but if you really need to get online use the desktop provided for communal use.

• 8th Oct 2013
  • Globetrotter

Castaways...What else can say? I've only got 500 Characters. Seriously, the place can be a little clicky but I still had a lot of fun during my stay here at Hanoi Backpackers. The facilities are top notch and its all you would expect from a larger more commercial type of hostel. There are a lot of people that come through the doors here and the place massive. I stayed in one of the larger dorms here. I do recommend it if you like to party!

• 17th Mar 2013

Lub d Bangkok Silom

Bangkok, Thailand

Great effort guys keep up the good work!

• 26th Feb 2013

Ghandi Backpackers Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

I stay on an overnight Jo-berg pass through on the way to Kruger, this is a very cheap hostel a reasonable (not walking) distance away from OR Tambo airport. The place is very well keep, everything is luxury, clean, well maintained priced at hostel prices. A staff member tells me that it used to be the home of the guy that runs the joint. The pictures online don't do this place justice, actually alot nicer than what you see online. I had a ensuite with very nice bathroom for $50p.n.

The Backpack

Cape Town, South Africa

An amazing Hostel to stay at, if you are asking my opinion spend the extra money (if that is an option) and come and stay here for a couple of night. The best way I could sum this place up, is an incredibly well run establishment with attentive staff, great food, a bar open till late, booking service (for all activities and transport) and the ladies that run the place definitely add that little bit of character. It is true the bar is not always pumping but Long St is literally a stones throw awa

Thanks for the review James we really appreciate your comments and calling us ladies!!! Spread the word and come back soon. Kind regards The Backpack Team