Location: Brazil, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Simple Hostel Nevsky

St Petersburg, Russia

The hostel is amazing! The staff super friendly, location impecable (you don't need to use public transportation), the rooms are comfortable, and the whole place is very clean. The only problem is that there was a lack of toilet paper wheb I was there, something that should never happen. I bought my own toillet paper though...

• 13th Sep 2014

Comrade Hostel

Moscow, Russia

Just a few minutes away from the subway station, close to a lot of cafes and restaurants. The Red Square( Kremlin, Saint Basil's Cathedral) are 15 minutes away. Lobed the place, the staff was super friendly and the facilities are great ( full kitchen with good appliances, washing machine, clean and nice showers). I just think that the 8 bed dorm should have 6 people instead. Be careful when you first get there! You must go inside of a courtyard, and the hostel sign is sheet of paper.

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

I was supposed to stay for 4 nights, but in the end I stayed for 14. The staff was super friendly and aleays willing to help, the location is good so is possible to walk to the mai attractions of Amman ( Jordan Museum, Citadel, Roman Theatre). Recommend it for sure! I just think that the tours are a bit overpriced.

• 25th Aug 2014

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The best thing about this hostel is the location, just a few blocks from the backpacker district where you can find all kind of restaurants, bars, clubs. The food is overpriced and also the tours. If you walk 2 min, close to the burger king, youbfind the same tours with better prices. The bathroom in my floor was always dirty, and I needed to ask them to clean. overall, a great experience and I would stay there again.

• 19th Jun 2014

One Stop Hostel Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I expected more from this hostel, mainly because of the great reviews. The location is great, really close to the night market and pub streets. The common area,in the lobby was always too hot and the small a/c always off. You're supposed to leave your shoes close to the reception and this area is disgustingly dirty and smelly.

• 17th Jun 2014

Lub d Bangkok Siam Square

Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel, in front of a Skytrain station, 3 minutes away from shopping centres. Really clean bathrooms with amenities, clean dorm with nice sized locker. The girl from the tourist information is simply the best!! Really helpful

• 13th Jun 2014

Om Ganesh Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Don't expect anything from this hostel, but a bed to sleep. The only positive thing there, was to be really close to the party. I knew that it wouldn't be a nice place, but just for one night, worth it. Highly recommended if you want to stay one night , that you won't even sleep.

• 12th Jun 2014

Oriental Riverside Residence

Melaka, Malaysia

Reggae Mansion Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Party hostel. If you want to relax, don't dare to go there. The rooftop is great and you even get a sight to Petronas Towers. The restaurant is good and staff super friendly, Only problem for me are the toilets. They are really small, hot and have no windows at all. You take a shower and 1 min later you are sweating again.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great peaceful hostel, close to restaurants and just a couple of minutes from the central market and china town. The atmosphere is amazing and the courtyard in the centre is the best spot. They even have a cafe next door where you can get good food. The only point was that my room, 209, smelled mold, really bad. I was waking up with my throat soring. I alerted the front desk, and nothing happened.

Rainbow Lodge HK

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

It's a really small hostel, in a big mansion, 1 minute away from a subway station. The location is awesome, close to the harbour, and Sam, from the front desk, is amazingly friendly and even took us to watch horse racing. The bathrooms are to small, and it's hard to take a shower, without hitting the walls (I'm 1,83m). The middle room smelled like stale cigarettes and the whole place was getting that smell. This needs to be fixed urgently! Definitely recommend this hostel!

• 26th May 2014

Saga Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

Great hostel, with a bar/restaurant where you can order safe and good western food (a bit pricy), friendly staff, mainly Ami, who works in the bar at night! Really close to a lot of places to eat, atm, and 12 min away from the subway station. Good rooms with A/C. Definitely recommend it!

• 17th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thanks for your review,we have hold a meeting to adjust the price!

Shouldn't be in hostelworld! At the door the sign says sauna, but nothing about hostel, or capsule hotel, so you need to figure out that that's the place. No one in the reception speaks english, you leave your bag at a cloackroom and everytime you need something, you're supposed to ask them, the capsule was too small (I'm 1,83m) and the whole floor smells like fried stuff, even inside the capsule.The worst was the bathroom, that you share with 20 old creepy japanese men, all naked - no privacy

• 16th May 2014

Hotel Chuo

Osaka, Japan

Located just 1 min from a subway station and 3 min from JR. Friendly and helpful staff that speak a little english, but understand all your needs. Tea and coffee for free 24/7, good bathrooms and clean rooms. For the little price, is amazing.

• 14th May 2014

Khaosan Kyoto Theater

Kyoto, Japan

Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Fast internet, awesome showers, and great location close to cafes, bars and restaurants. Definitely recommend it!

• 12th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

thank you for your comment, we are happy you had an enjoyable stay with us! Hope you made the most out of our location to visit all the sightseeing spots to Kyoto with all the bus lines and trains nearby!! Arigato !

5 min from JR and metro Asakusabashi station, with many restaurants and markets around. The location is not the best, because there's nothing to do in this region, but the rooms are tidy and comfortable - just the japanese room on the 4th floor wasn't nice at all, because you could hear the living room and kitchen noise. The bathrooms are ok and the staff, specially Takuya who helped me out to go to Mt. Fuji, are friendly. Thanks Takuya!

Big Hostel

Sydney, Australia

Hostel with great atmosphere 5 min away from Sydney Central Station. I stayed in a 8 bed dorm in the 1st floor and the bathroom was always busy and is too small for the amount of people using it. I tried to cook, but the kitchen is way too small and was always too busy. Overall is a good hostel.

Space Hotel

Melbourne, Australia

The best hostel I've ever been. Really clean, great lounge room, terrace with an amazing view and a jacuzzi, nice workout area, big kitchen with space for storage. The only thing that wasn't good was the ridiculous price that they charge for the internet. 24h or 600MB 10 dollars or 1 week and 4Gb for 40 dollars. That's too much!

• 27th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your kind words. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and can’t wait to serve you again in the future!!!!Internet in Australia is highly competitive and overly priced. At Space Hotel, having the convenience of internet access without the hassles of contracts, is easy. Our prices are reasonable and affordable. Ask any of our friendly reception team and they will help you with access.

United Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

I don't give high notes very often, but this hostel was amazing. Super helpful and friendly staff, best party area in Melbourne and also close to everything (Rod Laver Arena, Acmi, Federation Square). The only point was staying in a 4 bed dorm with no windows.

• 25th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi Pedro - what a lovely review! Thanks for taking the time to leave your thoughts - I'm really glad that you had a great time and look forward to having you come back and visit us again soon! Melbourne is an amazing city that we love sharing with our guests and our location means that everything is on your doorstep! Happy Travels Jess Operations Manager (ps: you booked an 8 bed Internal dorm - which is clearly advertised as having no windows! But it does have AC and ventilation!)

Y Hotel Hyde Park

Sydney, Australia

Awesome hostel! Really clean with amazingly comfortable beds. The area is the best, really close to everything and 1 block away from central station. The only point is that this is not a hostel at all. It's a hotel with dorms, so you don't have that hostel interaction. Even tough a great place to relax, with the best location!

• 24th Apr 2014

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

The best hostel I've stayed in Auckland! 24h reception, huge kitchen, clean toilets with great showers, big spacious living room.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi Pedro, Thanks for the feedback, I will make sure that our team read your comments!11111111111111111111111

K Road City Travellers

Auckland, New Zealand

Family run business with staff that could barely speak english and were not very helpful with tours and sightseeing. The 1st floor toilets don't have any windows and the lockers in the room were too small. The free internet and breakfast were poor and the kitchen is ridiculously small.. No 24h reception also.

• 15th Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi Pedro, thank you for your comment, but I remember that I have had a hard time communicating with you in English as it is my first language,sights have been recommended, also with tour companies, also I'm pretty sure that we are not the only hostel that does not have 24 hour reception, but things are well arranged. your reservation on your last day was not cancelled, which should have been charged, but we have not done so and allowed a free of charge late cancellation. thanks for your stay.

H Rado Hostel

Santiago, Chile

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed. The lockers could fit my 70+10 L backpack and there was space left. Great location for party - all bars and nightclubs are really close. Friendly staff, great terrace, great showers, best hostel breakfast ever.... nothing bad to say about it!

Great hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Have lots of fun teaching Portuguese for them. Is very safe and during the day there is a lovely dog called Kayla. The whole hostel looks amazing, but the bathrooms need to be renovated urgently!

Inka's Rest

Puno, Peru

Great Hostel!! I took the night bus from Cusco and they allowed me to check-in at 06:00am and let me have breakfast there. Gilda was really helpful and friendly. Thanks for all!! :)

Nice decorated with lots of places to chill out. Good sized rooms with great spaces to put all your stuff. The only thing that bothered me alittle was the small delay to the breakfast. I needed to take the train to Machu Picchu, so I couldn't wait for the whole breakfast and had just a part of it. I told the staff about my hurry, but they weren't helpful.

• 29th Mar 2014

Nasca Lodge

Nazca, Peru

Clean and new hostel with comfortable beds and big rooms. Bathrooms really clean. They got a terrace where you can chill and enjoy the view. The location is the bad point, because is not really central and the neighbourhood is not really safe.

• 27th Mar 2014

Banana's Adventure

Huacachina, Peru

Party Hostel with barbecues every night. Great food there! Well locate around the lake and got great hammocks for resting. Room number one is the tiniest ever!!!! Could be bigger

• 25th Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

Comfortable beds, big lockers, great water shower pressure and temperature. The top terrace is awesome for chilling out. The internet connection could be faster

• 23rd Mar 2014

Adelaide Hostel and Hotel

San Francisco, USA

The staff was really helpful giving tips about tours and even booking the tours. It's not located really close to subway or trams, but that's not a real problem. One thing that they must improve is the cleanliness!!! There was a mouse running across the living room and I was really worried about it getting inside my room.

• 24th Sep 2012

HI - Chicago Hostel

Chicago, USA

If I ever go back to Chicago, I would definitly stay there. Great enviroment, well located, the private room got comfortable beds and great space also. We even got an iron! I recomend it for sure.

• 16th Sep 2012

Chambers of the Boheme

Istanbul, Turkey

If you are looking for some party and some shopping you MUST stay there. Taksim is a great neighbourhood. The staff is pretty good and helpful.

• 29th Jul 2010
  • Globetrotter

Great hostel wıth really nice and helpfull people workıng there. The Cappadocıan mountaıns around the pool are just amazing and even in the hot turkısh summer, the temperature ın the rooms ıs really confortable. I really loved this hostel and I would stay there agaın and again and again.

• 22nd Jul 2010

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

In the summer the hostel ıs really hot and the downstaır 6 bed dorm ıs really small. The staff ıs nıce and helpfull. The locatıon ıs great, really close to Hagıa Sofıa and the Blue Mosk. The bar on the top ıs quite expensıve to a hostel, but got a great vıew.

• 19th Jul 2010