International Budget Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location of this hostel was great! And although the rooms weren't the most welcoming, they were clean and good enough for our short stay. Not much of a hostel atmosphere, but fine for people who are traveling together and not too concerned with making friends. My main complaint would be the loudness of all the doors, especially the room door. They slam shut and it is hard to not disturb everyone in your room. The smoking room is a nice asset!

• 2nd Jan 2014

Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

By far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I was there for 3 days on my own before my brother joined me, and the communal dinners really helped me to meet people. The vibe at this hostel is incredibly friendly and the staff are fantastic (especially Cynthia and PJ)! Honestly, not a single complaint. Location is good in terms of proximity to a metro and within walking distance to a lot of the attractions. I am definitely planning on going back during my next trip to Barcelona.

• 25th Dec 2013

High Street Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Had a great stay at the hostel. Was only there for a night, but it had everything I needed and I have no complaints. There was a bit of an issue with the room I was booked in, but they fixed it right away and upgraded me to a quad. One of the girls in my room had been staying in hostels in Edinburgh for over a month, and she said High Street was the best one she had stayed in by a long shot.

• 25th Oct 2013