FriendHouse

Moscow, Russia

A lovely hostel. Very clean. Good location and easy to find as the hostel sends pictures and a map. We had a double room and it was lovely. One of the cheaper double rooms in moscow that I could find . Staff have enough English to communicate more than just the basics and are helpful. Lots of people staying here long term but some backpackers too. I would stay here again if i returned to moscow. Thanks for a great stay.

• 27th Jul 2015

City Loft Rooms

Moscow, Russia

Not exactly a backpacker hostel. A beautiful penthouse apartment in a lovely area of moscow. Close to the main sights and also close to arbat street. There is no sign outside. When you get to the street there is an espresso shop under the number 15 with a phone box beside it. The door on its left is the correct door. You must go to the 4th floor. Ira, the lady who runs this hostel (also know as san Marco hostel) is fabulous. She is a fantastic host. I couldn't recommend this place more.Enjoy!

• 24th Jul 2015

Yaroslav Hostel

Veliky Novgorod, Russia

Nice staff. Good location in novgorod. Not many other options there though. Good value for money. Shower very complicated!

• 22nd Jul 2015

Baby Lemonade Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Hostel with quirky decor. Great location, close to most of the sights we wanted to see. Nice kitchen and common area. As a couple, we weren't anxious to use common area to meet people. I'm not sure how easy it would be to meet others as a solo traveller. Only complaint... no curtains in the room. Very bright early in the morning and no screen to protect against mosquitoes. All in all a great hostel with lovely friendly and helpful staff. I would stay here again.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thank you very much for your review! We will put the screen to protect against mosquitoes in every room really soon! We will be happy to see you soon!)) Rock'nroll!

Red Emperor Bar&Hostel

Tallinn, Estonia

Loved this hostel. Great location and staff. Unusual decor which gives it great character. Across from a supermarket which is handy. The Soviet prison tour is well worth doing. Staff members were all great. Helpful and friendly. Dorms had enough space and plenty plug sockets. I would definitely stay here again.

• 15th Jul 2015

Eurohostel

Helsinki, Finland

Great privacy and loads of room in a 2 bed dorm. Location good for me as I was getting viking ferry. It was not a good place to meet people if you travel alone. Very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was average. Bar was empty both nights I was there. I would probably stay here again if I was in helsinki.

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Globetrotter

Great location and nice big rooms. My room did smell a bit though and an open window didn't help. The bar next door is beautiful but in the 3 times I went there during my stay, it was empty. Great hostel for groups etc but found it difficult as a solo traveller to meet people. If i was in cologne again, I would check out other hostels.

• 31st Mar 2015

Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

It rained while I stayed here so didn't get to use the garden. Other then the garden there is nowhere comfortable to hang out. Smoking in the bar makes its way to the rooms and not enough bathrooms. But great host. Tour is good. Good location. Overall a nice experience.

• 31st Jul 2014

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel. Easy to find in a good location. Nice roof terrace and bar. Great Vietnamese restaurant across the road. Nice places to hang out in room and around hostel. Wombats is a great chain. I will definitely stay here or in one of their hostels again.

• 28th Jul 2014

Dar Rabha

Fez, Morocco

Great staff. Nice breakfast (the best I had in Morocco). There are no lockers but the staff have to personally open the door to you, so I felt safe leaving my stuff. Also, the manager put my valuables into the safe when I went to the Hammam. Staff booked everything for me and walked me personally to taxis etc. Easy to find once you got to the post office the first day. Close to the souks and Blue Gate. Great place to stay if you want a quiet hostel. Thanks a million :)

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Globetrotter

I Really don't know what to say After this amazing words: Thanks you so Much for your lovely words about hostel darrabha. we are really doing our best to offer you a pleasant time to all our Guest. we invite you all to enjoy the hospitality of hostel darrabha. mehdi

Lovely roof terrace. Good breakfast. A bit difficult to find at first but in a great location within the Medina. Quiet hostel at night which was very welcome and rare in the Medina!! No street noise. Magic is great. He sorted out my bus ticket for me. Thanks for a lovely stay in Essaouira.

• 19th Apr 2014

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

Nice hostel. Can be noisy at night as all rooms lead in to the centre. Lovely roof terrace with tortoises and a great cat. Nice place to hang out. Good breakfast. Very few bathrooms for the number of people using them. No toilet when someone is having a shower. Hot water though. Good location off an interesting backstreet. Great staff here. Enjoyed my stay.

• 17th Apr 2014

The Resort

Tel Aviv, Israel

This hostel was at least two bus rides from Tel Aviv. The bus service wasnt regular. We met a staff rep who showed us the apartment the night we arrived but for the next four days the office was closed.There was a sign to go to an apartment and knock but there was never an answer. I spoke to the manager on the phone a couple of times but never met him. Or any other guests. The common area was closed for winter. The bar down the road was either closed or empty.Not a winter hostel destination.

• 28th Dec 2013

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

nice staff.helpful and friendly. music and noise in the bar a bit much.people roaring and playing drinking games from very early in the evening. room nice. comfortable and warm. bathrooms clean.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

As you stayed with us on Friday night and that was on weekend preceding New Year's Eve some people started to party in advance. The end of the year is a very special time and people come not only to visit Warsaw but first of all to have fun . And the party was good indeed :) However on other occasions our bar closes earlier which together with soundproof doors to our rooms ensures good sleep for every guest who needs it :)

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Great hostel however, I was eaten two nights by bed bugs. As soon as I said it to reception, they moved me immediatly. Nice bar and winter garden. Good breakfast too. Enjoyed my stay here except for the bugs!

• 30th Oct 2013

Berat Backpackers Hostel

Berat, Albania

I absolutely loved this hostel.booked two nights and stayed four.so many areas to relax and enjoy a few (cheap) beers or raki! Wear good shoes on the waterfall tour and take a travel sickness pill if you are prone.well worth doing.this, hostel is beautiful, with great staff and a great atmosphere.I would spend more t ime thete any day

• 6th Aug 2013

Hairy Lemon

Saranda, Albania

Lovely little hostel. suited my needs perfectly.small and relaxed.not a party hostel so there aren't drunk people stumbling in all night.great to have a fan and mosquito repellent in the rooms. Great staff. Near the beach so lovely view . Would recommend.

• 4th Aug 2013

Sunrock

Corfu, Greece

Free shuttle took an hour and a half to collect me at airport . Shuttle driver to the ferry when leaving told me to get my ticket and wait for him to come back ....which he didn't do.almost missed the ferry.the staff were ively relaxed.it was difficult to pay, our bathroom in 3 bed form wasnt cleaned once during my three nught stay.there was no toilet paper replaced and the bathroom smelled. The location on the beach is nice.dinner and breakfast and view also very nice .

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Loved my stay here . The staff went over and above to help every time . Thanks to the fab bar man for the whiskey and to the manager who was so helpful. would love to return in high season when the pool and outdoor area is in use . Great location . Great breakfast . Can't fault it !

• 28th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

I hadn't read that noise was a problem in this hostel when I booked it but from 6pm until at least 12.30am the music pumped from the bar.bed vibrated with it. Which is great if you want to party but not so great if you want to get up early to see the sights. There is a token system for drinks and breakfast which is annoying and someone from the dorm has to leave their keycard in the door to work the lights. (not good when you are in the shower and the last person leaves). Great staff.

• 30th Oct 2012

Ostello Bello

Milan, Italy

This hostel has thought of everything...reading lamps, extra blankets, sun terrace, great common area with guitars and tv, late check out, late breakfast...very relaxed except for cctv notices everywhere! but at least that means security is good!! had a fantastic stay here...would recommend it to anyone.

• 29th Oct 2012

NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Nice guesthouse. good location in the backpacker area (down an alleyway). nice breakfast. my bunk was in a position where it got no air con and no access to the fan so it was very hot up there!tours are reasonable from the hostel. however, i suggest if you want to go to the co chi tunnels go there privately. the tour takes all day and stops at shops etc.

• 10th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

We'll free stay here if we don't have A/C and fan. Our facilities is very modern A/C and celling fan good working too.

Mojzo inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Nice hostel with good common area. THe staff were amazing. They let me check in from the night bus at 6am. My phone broke while staying there and the manager drover me personally to two different phone shops to get a good price on getting it fixed. The staff were so kind and accommodating. It really makes the place worth visiting.

• 8th Aug 2012

Budget Hotel Tourist Inn

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location. only a short walk from the train and also from dam square. good breakfast, comfortable beds. we enjoyed our stay.

• 3rd Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

A backpackers like no other. I felt very at home here. The staff are wonderful. Carlos is ever waiting with his car. The TRE makes this hostel convienient to Dallas and Fort Worth. I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend a stay here anytime.