Location Netherlands, Gender Male, Age 35

7.7
4th Dec 2014

It's clean, it has spacious rooms with enough luggage storage place. It's just not a regular hotel. It also has group accommodation and apparently also some hotel rooms. Location is nice, it's in the middle of a nice neighborhood. Had to change rooms during my visit. This was compensated with one free breakfast. Nice gesture. Breakfast itself isn't spectacular. All in all a decent place. Would stay again.

Dear guest, Thanks for posting a review after your recent stay. We are glad to hear that overall you had a good stay with us. We hope to see you again! Your Meininger team in London

Travellers Inn, Singapore, Singapore
22nd Nov 2014

Staff is very friendly, the room was spotless, the bed comfortable and the air conditioning worked pretty good at night. Lots of facilities and shops nearby, and a SMRT station at a 5 minute walk. This was my second visit to the hostel and I'll certainly be back if I visit Singapore again.

Thank you A for your continuing support ! :)) We are glad you enjoyed your 2nd time stay with us and appreciating our hardwork to upkeep the Hostel clean, neat and safe for all our Guests ! :) We look forward to seeing you again and till we meet again, take care and all the Best ! :) Merry Christmas and Happy 2015 ! :)

Canadiana Backpackers Inn, Toronto, Canada
25th Oct 2014

It's a huge hostel, but it doesn't feel like it because it's spread out over a few buildings. Rooms are spacious and the bed comfortable. The bathrooms weren't spotless, especially the showers. Location is superb: close to everything worth seeing in Toronto. All in all a nice experience.

Thanks for the review! The layout of our hostel is very unique and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our bathrooms are cleaned 3 times daily so I’m sorry to hear they were not spotless.

Downtown Washington Hostel, Washington DC, USA
7th May 2014

The place has friendly and helpful staff. It's well maintained, clean and has very comfortable beds. Located next to shops and restaurants, it's a 10 minute walk from Union Station. I like the 'no shoes'-policy and that they maintain the quiet hours. Would definitely stay again.

Hayarkon 48 Hostel, Tel Aviv, Israel
20th Feb 2014

Excellent hostel. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, clean showers. Location is right next to Allenby and the beach. Which is good, but also means a lot of noise pollution at night. Bring earplugs. :) If I have the chance to come back to Tel Aviv, I'd certainly stay here again.

Samesun Montreal Central, Montreal, Canada
5th Feb 2014

It's a hostel with some hotel standards. The staff is very friendly and helpful, breakfast is included, the rooms are spacious, clean and silent at night. Internet is stable and fast. The mattress was a bit too soft for me, so I felt the bed frame when trying to sleep. Otherwise I'm a happy customer and would certainly return if I have the chance. :)

Holiday Jones, Chicago, USA
20th Nov 2013

I really love how they took an authentic Chicago hospitality concept (SRO) and developed it further. The place looks brand new, is spotless, very secure, has great staff and is in a cosy neigborhood. Their information sheet is very useful. Downtown is a 10 minute ride with the blue line (although Chicago is a city of suburbs). Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper, as walls are thin.

The Clarence Park, Toronto, Canada
23rd Oct 2013

Superb location, excellent staff and very comfortable beds. I'm happy to have chosen this hostel. If there were some lockers in the room I'd have given it a 100% rating. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Sorry Arnoud, but we cannot put lockers in the dorm rooms like suggested. They have to stay in the hallways. They just make to much noise when people are trying to sleep. Thanks for the kind words about our hostel!

Astor Hyde Park, London, England
12th Sep 2013

Great hostel, great staff, great atmosphere. I really liked it here. The only thing I think can be improved is getting an elevator: walking up several stairs with heavy luggage or after a long day of walking around London is quite a job. :)

Hostel Orange, Prague, Czech Republic
4th Jul 2013

Excellent location, nice staff. The place is clean and the beds are good. I actually had a good night sleep and that's most important to me. :)

Travellers Inn, Singapore, Singapore
25th May 2013

By far the best thing of this hostel is the staff. They really know how to make you feel at home and the meaning of hospitality. They are not only super friendly, but also extremely knowledgeable. They know all the hidden gems in the city. Rooms are a bit small but very clean. Facilities are great. Location is ok: 2 MRT stations nearby so you can get anywhere fast. I’ll be back if I visit the city again!

Chelsea Star Hotel, New York, USA
2.9
24th Apr 2013

Location good, spacious rooms, staff ruins all: arrogant, incompetent and ignorant. 8:30 in the morning: I was asleep when a cleaner walks in, radio at max volume. He cleans the bed below me and dumps the old sheets on me while I was just waking up because of the noise. Then another cleaner walks in: they start a loud discussion in Spanish. Told staff (some 'Wuh') who didn't care: he wasn't there, so he didn't know what happened. Didn't want to take action, not even apologize. Horrible place!

Atlas Pension & Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
12th Apr 2013

Very decent place to spend a few nights. Maybe a bit unlucky to be situated right next to the red light district, but don't let that stop you. You get a decent place to stay for a very competitive price, and quite close to all major sights and a subway station. Would stay here again.

Hostel Orange, Prague, Czech Republic
10th Apr 2013

Actually quite a nice hostel on one of the most central locations in Prague. Clean, spacious and nicely decorated. It's quite quiet as well, despite being directly situated on Wenceslas Square. Only the common room might cause some noise if you're in one of the adjoining rooms. Anyway, would recommend! :)

Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, Tokyo, Japan
22nd Mar 2013

Had another short stay here on my way from Haneda to Narita. Nice stay, overall friendly personnel and nice rommates. I like the classic-ish Japanese theme of the hostel. Facilities are clean and the train and subway are nearby. The mattresses are a bit too thin, especially since you lay directly on the floor, which isn't very comfortable for a tall European guy like myself. Overall liked my stay here!

19th Mar 2013

Excellent hostel. Clean, well located, friendly and knowledgable staff, comfortable beds. I think this is nearing the perfect hostel... If I'm going back to Kyoto, I know where I'm staying!

Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, Tokyo, Japan
15th Mar 2013

A nice hostel with a semi-traditional Japanese style. Personnel is friendly, all is clean and quiet times are respected, so a good night's sleep is possible. Two points for improvement: the mattresses are a bit thin for big Western people like me, especially since they lay directly on the floor. The other is that I didn't appreciate the cleaning lady who started vacuuming next to my head at 10 in the morning when I still slept. Staff didn't understand it was a problem. Otherwise liked my stay!

Thank you very much for your stay at Anne Hostel Asakusabashi, and your feedback! We are glad to her you enjoyed your stay with us. The room you stayed in is a Japanese style room, and as tradition, people sleep on tatami. We use low rebound mattress, but too bad that it did not meet your satisfaction. We will keep our best to improve our facilities, thank you for your advice! Regarding to the cleaning, we start cleaning at 11:00 in the morning, and we hope you kindly understand that we can not change the cleaning time as guests are waiting for check in. We would still like to apologize if we bothered your sleep, please let us know next time if you want a little longer peaceful moments in the morning. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a comment. We hope to see you again in the future! Kazuna, Anne Hostel Asakusabashi

City Center Hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
6th Mar 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. The location is top notch, right at the main square. Staff is very friendly and also helpful. Just one thing: 1 pers room is right next to the noisy lift shaft, so bring earplugs. Otherwise enjoyed my stay! :)

Kyoto Guest House, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
25th Jan 2013

Yes, my room was tiny (5,25m2), there's always queue for the elevator, there's Pakistani trying to sell you a fake rolex. But it's spotless clean, everything worked as new in my room, staff is very friendly and helpful, and you get an ensuite room in the middle of Kowloons main street, close to everything you may need, for an excellent price! I really enjoyed my stay here. Just remember earplugs, for walls are a bit thin. :)

Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel, Amman, Jordan
2.3
8th Jan 2013

New management at this dump is intimidating and after your money. Only if you buy expensive stuff there they will show a friendly face. Service is appalling. Breakfast agreed at 9? Staff sleeping in reception at 9. No breakfast. Tour starts at 9:30? No, maybe at 10:30, maybe next day. Lame excuses for everything. The rooms are leaking, windows don’t close, no heater ($5 per night for a tiny one), bathrooms have never been cleaned. No warm water in every room or at all times. Please avoid!

hello you seem like you are talking about another hostel because yo say manhy things has nothing to do with our hostel, hot water is 24 h, please make sure about which hostel you are writting about!!! thank you

Calli Hostel Nampo, Busan, South Korea
14th Nov 2012

Quite a big hostel in the middle of Nampo (downtown) Busan. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are quite small, but clean, and they have lockers. A big plus is that you can also use your key card as a Busan metro card. Very convenient! I really liked my stay here!

Jin's Paradise, Seoul, South Korea
10th Nov 2012

Jin and Jen are excellent hosts. The hostel is rather small, but that makes it quite cosy. I enjoyed my stay here!

Atlas Pension & Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
1st Nov 2012

I had a room with private facilities. That is very good value for money. Staff is mostly absent but can be reached by phone. Location is ok, 2 minutes from Wenceslas Square, but 10 minutes to the old town. The property is in the heart of Pragues red light district, but don't let that stop you, they actually have a very nice, clean and safe place here.

20th Aug 2012

Been here a few times now and still like it better than most hostels in London. Note that this isn't a typical backpacker-hangout, so the atmosphere is a bit different (it's a scouting and conference center and hosts large groups). I like it, though. Rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. En-suite rooms show that a very efficient bathroom doesn't need to be more than one square meter. The neighbourhood is safe and quiet at night. All in all a good stay!

Ahoy! Hostel Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
12th Aug 2012

Found this brand new (just opened some weeks ago) hostel and decided to give it a try (the place I usually stay was full). I don't regret it at all! Very friendly and helpful staff, good atmosphere and nice fellow travellers. All at a very good price. It's clean and there's always a member of staff around. I'd absolutely go back.

13th Jun 2012

Good value for money in London. Rooms are overall spaceous enough, but the bathrooms are usually quite dirty. Nice area, nice staff and nice common room. Not a typical hostel, though, but I find it very convenient! Will stay again.

Rodem House, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
19th Apr 2012

Very good hostel. Very friendly English speaking staff, clean and well maintained. The beds in the 4 bed room are better than in the 6 bed dorm (better mattresses). The hostel is very expensive according to Kyrgyz standards, but since its facilities are Western standards, I thought it was well worth to invest in that bit of luxury. A nice and freshly made breakfast is included. All in all I enjoyed my stay and if I visit Kyrgyzstan again, I'll certainly stay here again!

Pushkin Hostel, Moscow, Russia
2.6
16th Mar 2012

This is not a hostel, it's a scam! The address is incorrect - the same building, but a different appartment (number provided here is nonexistent). The hostel denies your booking (except number of nights) and demands a lot more money - you get threatened if you dont pay ('you get problems with the authorities', ' we call the police'). Staff only speaks Russian (except manager), doesn't bother learning English. 6 bed dorm is nonexistent (there's just one room with 8 beds), staff sleeps there too.

Hostel Miles, Prague, Czech Republic
13th Jan 2012

I absolutely had a wonderful stay in the hostel, again. I've been here before and I liked it more than enough to come back. Good beds (no bunks) and good and clean facilities and very central, so everything is at walking distance. It's also very silent inside, given its location. And Robert appreciates good music and good quality of music, which makes sitting with a laptop on the leather couches in the lounge an absolute delight. :) I will be back again.

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel, Cartagena, Colombia
16th Nov 2011

I really enjoyed my time in this hostel. It's clean, not too small or big, has nice and friendly personnell and the rooms have air conditioning. the only thing you shouldn't expect here is a hot shower (but hey, who needs that when temperatures are constantly over 30C?). Highly recommended.

Casa Bellavista Hostel, Bogota, Colombia
9.0
11th Nov 2011

Very nice hostel with an authentic look and feel - all internal walls are made of coloured glass! The staff is very friendly and helpful and speaks English (uncommon in Bogota). The location is excellent. Some points to keep in mind: since all is made of glass (privacy seems ok, though) and walls are thin, it may be noisy all night long, also from nightlife outside. Bogota gets cold at night and isolation is absent, so remember to bring decent pyjamas. :) Overall: good hostel.

9.3
7th Jul 2011

A hotel and hostel combined, with as a result, a hostel with hotel standards. :) It's clean, well maintained and has good facilities. The bed is comfortable and there is enough room to store luggage and to move around in the room. The en-suite bathroom is micro size (maybe one sq. meter, with the look and feel of a ship bathroom). Breakfast and internet access are ok priced for London standards. The location is excellent, right next to some tube stations and 10 minutes walking from Harrods.

Niska Studio, Warsaw, Poland
7.7
26th May 2011

good central location, nice ownerof the place, but quite small and relatively quite expensive. Not sure if I would have managed to stay here for over a week, though (it lacks some facilities for that, like internet, washing machine or a mirror in the bathroom). But it's quiet, with lots of privacy, quite central and has good connections to public transport.

• Netherlands,
25th Nov 2010

liked my stay here very much! The lovely staff really made me feel at home.

• Netherlands,
1st Sep 2010

Very nice hostel. Artur and Vika are really nice hosts. The location is really nice, at about 5 minutes from the main square and main street. It's good the hostel is quiet at night so you really can get a night sleep! One thing that may be improved: try to get an extra shower somewhere.