• Belgium, Female, 31-40
YHA London Oxford Street, London, England
11th Feb 2013

Fabulous hostel! Really nice and helpful staff, excellent location, and the rooms, bathrooms and kitchen were always superclean. Hard to think of anything negative really ... Hang on, maybe just one: the shower rooms could do with a little shelf and some extra hooks to put all your stuff on :)

• Belgium, Female, 31-40
YHA London St Pauls, London, England
6.9
15th Jan 2012

I chose to stay at this hostel after reading very good reviews on Hostelworld. My stay was okay but I wouldn't recommend St Pauls to friends. The staff were very friendly though and the place was clean enough, but the building is in desperate need of a makeover. I stayed in a single room so I can't say anything about the dorms, but the mattress I slept on was at least 100 years old (or almost ;-) and the bathrooms were quite grotty. In my experience, YHA standards are usually a bit higher.