de Talak Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Quite nice hostel, although a bit removed from the most attractive spots of the city although it has good transport connections. Staff was very nice and the rooms were comfortable with a nice area to chill out - and free ice cream! Would recommend.

• 31st Dec 2015

Jomtien Hostel

Pattaya, Thailand

The hostel was well located, just 2 minutes walk from the beach. The rooms were decent with a small balcony, I slept quite comfortably. It wasn't such a great place to meet other people because there wasn't an open area to hang out at except for a small tv room. Also, the owner of the place was quite rude and impatient. He really didn't seem to care about making his guests feel comfortable and welcomed.

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

I am surprised by your comments as for me being rude , as we sometimes do not get a clear question.In that case i sure ask for clarification I goes both ways ..clear question clear answer , thanks

Born Free Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

The decoration of the place is cool and it's very well located, just about 15m walk from Kosahn Road and very well connected. The atmosphere isn't the greatest though and the staff were extremely rude and unsympathetic. I asked if I could extend my stay (this was about 10pm) and he said that it was too late because the computer was shut off and he couldn't do it then. A few minutes later I saw one other staff member on the computer playing music. Made no sense. Wouldn't come back.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Portugal

Thank you for the feedback. You will find that it was a misunderstanding thus our night staffs do not handle reservations and what he must have meant is that he can't do it for you until the manager arrives in the morning. Apologies if that ruined your stay. Happy new year however and enjoy your travels :)

Hanoi Rocks Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

This is a great place for backpackers and travellers! You definitely have the chance to meet a lot of people and have a great time! Definitely worth the money you pay for it (which is very little) and the location is fantastic. On the negative side, the staff seemed very impatient with the guests and weren't very friendly. Also, the first room I stayed in didn't have windows, smelled like mold and I woke up a few times during the night with noise outside and people coming in and out.

• 18th Dec 2015

Casablanca Hotel Hue

Hue, Vietnam

Great hotel with an amazing value for money! The rooms were quite nice for the price, was travelling with another friend and we only had to share the room with one other person (who turned out to be quite nice, as well). The staff are extremely helpful and the hotel was right at the heart of the city, just about 20m walk from the imperial city. Would be great to have a better social area for people to meet and unwind. Otherwise, great place.

• 11th Dec 2015

Life's A Beach

Quy Nhon, Vietnam

I really cannot praise this place enough. The location is absolutely amazing - it's right AT the beach! You just walk into it! The staff were always extremely helpful and kind and they helped me quite a bit with a health problem I had (which ended up with my saving quite a bit of money due to their helpful advice). Met great people there and we had a movie night! Probably one of the (if not THE) best hostels I have visited during my travels in Vietnam. Absolutely recommended!

• 5th Dec 2015

iHome Nha Trang

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Very nice and helpful staff and free beer from 6 to 7! Would recommend for backpackers travelling around.

• 3rd Dec 2015
  • Portugal

We stayed in an 8-bed shared room and in general the experience wasn't great. The beds were really uncomfortable, the environment of the hostel wasn't the most welcoming (except for the manager of the hostel who was great), you have to pay 5£ for the locker and the place isn't exactly beautiful. On the positive side, the showers are nice, you have breakfast included and a free soda/juice machine! As for the location, you have the train, but you spend a lot of money traveling to the city centre.

• 9th Aug 2013