• England, Male, 25-30

• England, Male, 18-24
Arugam Hostel, Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
2.6
4th Aug 2013

An absolute rip off - it is not a hostel it is a room in a building site. There is no reception, anyone can just walk in off the beach into the room so security is extremely poor. DO NOT USE THIS HOSTEL - it is in no way associated with the YMCA, they have made up some acronym to take advantage of people booking online who haven't seen the place. There are so many better places to stay. We turned up and immediately left and found somewhere else.

• England, Male, 18-24
Tropic Inn, Colombo, Sri Lanka
28th Jul 2013

Extremely helpful staff - I had booked a dorm room, but was given a single room to sleep in when I arrived at 6.30am (after being picked up by one of their drivers). The receptionist helped me organise onward travel to Kandy, and EVEN woke me up when I overslept so I wouldn't miss my train! What a hero! Would definitely come again.