Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp

Tamarindo, Costa Rica

My boyfriend and I enjoyed our time here. We stayed in the 6 bed dorm, which was hard to keep clean from sand, but did get a thorough cleaning every day. The shared kitchen was a bare minimum affair, but had everything we absolutely needed. One day the water pressure was nonexistent. Very social spot, small enough to know everybody pretty well. Surfing was easy to set up through the hostel, although a bit more expensive. Overall a great spot, I would recommend it to anybody!

• 15th Feb 2015

Cabinas Vista Al Golfo

Monteverde, Costa Rica

This was my favorite hostel while I was in Costa Rica. The facilities are beautiful and spacious, with lots of space to chill out and read or meet and chat with new people. It was easy to meet people and make friends. The views were amazing from common areas, lots of books and games to use. Breakfast was delicious and always filling. Staff were very helpful although at times hard to find. One morning we had no hot water, but our room was spacious and clean. I highly recommend this hostel!

• 11th Feb 2015

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

The facilities were beautiful, staff friendly and the whole place felt very secure. This was not among my favorite hostels because it is so big that I found it hard to meet and get to know people (only because you never necessarily ran into them more than once!). The bar was convenient, the staff were super helpful in booking activities and transportation, and pool was a lovely perk. My room was clean, albeit bare with only a bed and TV stand, no shelves or hooks for towels. I'd recommend it.

• 7th Feb 2015

Hospedaje Dodero

Liberia, Costa Rica

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hostel our first night in Costa Rica. We stayed in the four bed mixed dorm room, which was quite small but the beds were comfortable and clean, there were large lockers to put your whole bags into. There were only two bathrooms for everybody in the hostel, but the hostel is small enough that you never wait. The common area is nice with a good sized and well stocked kitchen and lots of room to hang your wet towels and clothes. Staff were very helpful.

• 6th Feb 2015

Thank you for writing a review. We are pleased you found everything clean and comfortable and you were able to take advantage of the kitchen and garden area. Happy travels!

I really enjoyed this hostel. The breakfast was amazing, the owner was very helpful at organizing tours and giving advice on where to go, and the common area made it really easy to meet people and hang out. Very nice!

• 3rd Mar 2014

Cordial House Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this hostel. I few things could be improved to make it better, but I plan on staying there again. I stayed in the 10 bed female dorm, and it was freezing, the heater didn't seem to be working properly. The only other thing that could be better is the guest kitchen - there were no utensils, cups or much to use. The fridge is tiny, so it's hard to buy groceries and cook. The staff were very helpful, and all spoke very good English. I will be going back to stay again

This hostel was very good in my opinion. The room was very clean, although the sheets did some hair that wasn't mine. Staff were friendly and spoke perfect english which was convenient. The only thing I really didn't like about this hostel was the location. Being a girl travelling with my younger sisters, I was a bit uncomfortable walking from the metro to the hostel anytime after 6 or 7pm. Breakfast was expensive - 5 euros per person. We found cheaper food at the bakery next door.

• 5th Sep 2011

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Rooms were quite small, but very clean and exactly what we needed. The only thing we didn't like about the rooms was that there were no hooks to hang our wet towels, which really is nothing to complain about! The common area is amazing, very clean and the atmosphere is great. It's the perfect place to sit and relax with a book, computer, or to watch tv. I highly recommend this hostel to anyone.

• 31st Jul 2010