Hotel Andre Gill

Paris, France

Nice little guest house.in very good location. Good English spoken. Excellent wifi connection. Going down 2 flights of stairs to bathroom was a little annoying but everything was clean and comfortable. I would recommend it.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Very nice clean hostel. Great communal areas and bar for socializing. Very clean room. Staff very helpful. I would definitely stay in a Wombat again.

• 18th Aug 2014

Blue Danube Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Excellent choice. Very helpful with local info; it's good to see someone so passionate about his city. And really couldn't want a better location.

• 11th Aug 2014

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

Excellent hostel with nice little chillout/bar area. Nicely decorated and staff were all super-friendly. I was sorry I only had one night left to spend there. Will definitely come back if I am in Zagreb again.

• 10th Aug 2014

Hostel Lika

Zagreb, Croatia

Great little hostel; very good value for money. Owners very helpful with local information. There is a nice little communal area if socializing is your thing. Good wifi signal all over building. Certainly one of the better hostels I have stayed in.

• 5th Aug 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi, thank you for the stay and nice impressions, when you are so friendly it makes us push ourselves even harder. See you next time

Nika Dubrovnik

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Not a hostel really, but a woman who has several rooms available in a few different places. The location was excellent and it represented good value for money for August in what is a relatively expensive city anyway. The room I had was so-so, although to be fair I arrived late and they did offer to move me the next day.

• 30th Jul 2014

Hotel Domus

Malaga, Spain

It would be hard to fault this hotel really. It was very close to the beach (city was short bus ride away), spotlessly clean, there was a nice little sitting area outside. It's a hotel rather than a hostel (and the price reflects that) but really is a very nice place to stay. I enjoyed my few days there.

• 9th Jun 2014

MD House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great little hostel with friendly staff in good central location. This was my 2nd stay in this place. Very good value for money

• 9th Jan 2014

Parami Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very nice place with nice wooden decor and a lot of character. Situated by the river in an area with some nice restaurants nearby and close to the markets.. Staff very helpful. Maybe could benefit from a kettle/some tea in the communal area (I don't drink the stuff myself but my friend was pining for somewhere to make tea) or maybe even a little shared fridge to hold drinks or snacks. .

• 5th Jan 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

MD House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Very much enjoyed our stay. Staff very friendly and helpful, room clean and comfortable, good breakfast. Convenient location close to markets, city etc. .Water pressure was a bit low in the shower, but maybe it depends on the room.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • All Female Group, 41+

Fab Hostel Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Very nice place, owners are very helpful. It's a good hostel if you want to meet other travellers,and has a nice friendly atmosphere going on. Is close to skytrain but a little off of the busy main road in a little local area. Lots of little (cheap) food places nearby but also convenient for the city, Patpong and all that. Directions from airport were good, but handy to have sat-nav if you try to find it on your own. Definitely recommend it

• 18th Dec 2013

Living Lounge Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Excellent little hostel. Their directions were very good and the place was easy to find from the airbus stop. Staff were very helpful. Place had very stylish individual decor. One of the best hostels I have stayed at and I would definitely stay here again if I go back to Lisbon

• 18th Nov 2013

Russafa

Valencia, Spain

Great hostel, very clean.Directions were very clear and place was easy to find. Owner was very helpful with suggestions of places to visit. I'd definitely recommend this place for anyone visiting Valencia.

• 20th Oct 2013

Nuevo Suizo

Seville, Spain

Nice building with a lot of character. Directions from train station were very accurate, so place was reasonably easy to find. Good location. Very clean. Staff friendly and helpful. I'd recommend it.

• 3rd Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Very nice place in excellent central location. The place could do with a lick of paint and some simple repairs (electric sockets hanging off and stuff like that) but then they'd put their prices up so that wouldn't work. Offers very good value for money for central location. Internet connection slow; just enough to check emails and such. I'd stay there again when I'm in Malaga.

• 1st Sep 2013

The Lodge at Crystal Palace

Whether you find the location convenient depends on where you want to be, but it is a nice location in the park and convenient for the tube. Staff were excellent and helped me out when I needed to extend my stay Represents excellent value for money. And very clean. And the breakfast is good too..

• 17th Jul 2013

Park House Women's Hostel

Great location and hostel is very security conscious. Place is scrupulously clean. Staff were excellent. Only complaint would be the whole atmosphere of the place, which was akin to a prison. Place has a peculiar smell, presumably from cleaning fluids. Bathroom locks were dodgy. I locked myself in at one point and after that i left doors unlocked. Some long-term residents were constantly telling you off for doing something 'wrong'. This unfortunately added to the 'prison like' feel.

• 2nd May 2013

My Place Inn - Brixton

great place. This was my 3rd time here. Very convenient location; Brixton is a very vibrant area. Friendly. Use of kitchen is good if you're trying to save money.

• 20th Apr 2013

Hotel Sergul

Very nice little guesthouse/hotel in a good location in Hammersmith/Shepherd's Bush near shops/cafes/tube stations etc.. Very clean and owner/manager (I'm not sure which) was very helpful.

• 22nd Mar 2013

My Place Inn - Brixton

Very good. This was my second stay here. They had some problems with the heating system but were quick to sort it out and offered a change of room. Good location near tube, use of kitchen is handy if you're trying to save on money.

• 7th Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

Very good. Convenient location for me. Staff were helpful (not that I asked for a lot of help but I got the impression it was available). I booked single room and ended up with a huge 4-bed room (guessing they were out of single rooms). Represented very good value for money.

• 28th Jan 2013

My Place Inn - Brixton

Nice place. Felt more like being in a flatshare rather than a hostel. Convenient location with lots of food/drink places nearby and just 5 minutes from tube. Warm. Comfortable. Very clean. I'd definitely recommend it.

• 15th Jan 2013

Hanover Hotel

Offered very good value for money in a good location for my needs. Staff were very polite, in that formal 'British' way, but not particularly helpful. I got lost on the way there and needed to ring for details, but the man didn't seem to know how to get there, even though I turned out to be only a minute's walk away. They advertise a 'left luggage' facility for the day you leave, yet there is no security on the room where you leave your things.

• 3rd Jan 2013

Be Ramblas Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Very good, clean hostel. Needs more bathrooms would be my only grumble. When hostel was full it was sometimes hard to find a time when bathroom was free. Not sure how safe that end of Las Ramblas is. This isn't based on anything that happened but as a lone female I felt a little uncomfortable walking around the area near the hostel, particularly at night. However this could have been just my perception of the area.

• 30th Dec 2012

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

The building had a lot of character and rooms were relatively spacious for the price. staff were helpful. There was a nice communal area with a lot going on, from walking tours to cocktail nights. I'd definitely recommend this as one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 27th Dec 2012

Camellia Youth Hostel

Kunming, China

good hostel. Good English spoken and reasonabe sized rooms. They have a whole re-cycling thing going on, which is unusual for China and good to see.

The Lily Pad

Dali, China

excelent choice. And the food's good too

Camellia Youth Hostel

Kunming, China

Very nice place. Staff mostly speak good English and are very helpful.

IC Holiday

Kunming, China

not a hostel of course but very nice reasonably-priced accommodation in the centre of Kunming.

Thank your for staying with us! May you have a happy time here in China! Best Regards Rick

Very enjoyable. Good location near to the city wall. Staff were keen to help.