Reviews: dingendoener

Location Netherlands, Gender Male, Age 32

House of Journey, Penang, Malaysia
19th Feb 2016

Proper and well designed hostel. It's right at the centre of the night life area but it's not a party hostel. Mostly backpackers running the hostel in exchange for room and board which is always nice for the atmosphere but it also lead to little mistakes like double booking a double room I had rented and having to move me to a different one.

The Metallic Hostel, Koh Lanta, Thailand
8th Feb 2016

Awesome hostel. Great for meeting people, either outside in front of the hostel or upstairs on the big balcony. The rooms are clean and so are the showers. Sun, the owner, is fantastic and is always trying to improve the hostel. He kept asking if he handled certain problems the right way in our eyes which told me he really cares. Since in my opinion Lanta is best island I visited I will definitely be back and I will stay at this hostel again.

The Nomad House, Koh Phangan, Thailand
6th Feb 2016

As promised Taco! Awesome hostel that is run by backpackers. Beer pong, drinking games, BBQ's, rides organised to the parties, etc. Taco is the best. Even though I didn't buy my boat ticket through them, he rode me into town when I had a problem with my ticket and had already brought back my scooter. (off topic: don't eat at Mama's something across the street. I had a nice serie of hugging the toilet after eating there)

Once Again Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
28th Jan 2016

This is a very odd Hostel but also very interesting. The reason for this is that the hostel is on the bottom floor a hipster coffeeshop. So don't be surprised if a very hip local thai student is sitting there studying. They also don't sell beer because that doesn't fit with their image but your allowed to get it from the shop down the street and bring it. The rooms are brand new and clean, WIFI is streamable and all the bed's have sliding bars so you can close the whole thing.

Hi there, First thing first, love the choice of words!! Thank you so much for an amazing review, we are much appreciated. We are glad you have a placenta stay with us here and hope your journey is going great. If you ever come back to Bangkok and need our assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. See you Once Again Earf Once Again Team

Godzillas Hostel, Moscow, Russia
1st Aug 2014

I've visited a few hostels in moscow. I can say that this is probably the best hostel in Moscow. The only thing I didn't like is the fact that there is no big common room to meet other people but they have 3 smaller rooms/kitchens. The TV-room that is supposedly the common room would have been better if they didn't have eurosport loudly running 24 hours a day. That really killed the atmosphere. Maybe knock the wall down and open that room up to the hallway?

Oh So Indie House Hostel, Moscow, Russia
6.0
25th Jan 2014

Nice staff, good location, but the thing that really bothered me was the fact that the hostel was packed with young Russians that worked every day. So at around 6 the snoozing would start and at night there was nobody there to do anything, because they either didn't talk to you or went to bed early. Also little things, like no pin's to hang the shower head from. Maybe this is better in the summer, but i advise them to maybe make it two different things: a summer and a winter name for the hostel

Soul Kitchen, St Petersburg, Russia
21st Jan 2014

Perfect, best hostel i visited in quite some time. They focus on international travelers and I think they have a max on the number of Russians they let in so that there is no closed off group of Russians staying there, a thing I am experiencing to often in Russia.