Location: Scotland, Gender: Female, Age: 47

Buonanotte & Buongiorno

Naples, Italy

This hostel was very difficult to find. We walked along the street and back along the street, the numbers are all out of synch and the actual number on this correct building is all faded and difficult to see. The room had the feeling of the Kinderzimmer, there was a nice sofa downstairs and upstairs on a mezannine floor was the double bed. Shower had warm water, great views over Naples. The owner was full on and almost reprimanded us for missing breakfast and not having our print out reservation

• 2nd Mar 2013

Albergo Giovanna

Florence, Italy

Numbering on street difficult, thus difficult to find building. 3 stories up. Lovely Lady who owned it. Great location. Warm water in shower. Room a little cold as February. Lady gave us coffee in the morning. Great restaurants near by.

• 28th Feb 2013

Inverness Tourist Hostel

Inverness, Scotland

I thought for the price the hostel was fine. I ended up with a private room. One person in a two bunk room. First bed didn't seem clean so I choose another. Plenty of spare duvets to keep warm. Socket in room. Heating on. First shower had no hot water. Second did.

• 13th Dec 2012

Posada del Abuelito

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

I really liked this hostel. The people who run it rebecca and rob are who made it special and the other guests enhanced the experience. Very friendly and helpful, felt like you were part of the family. The showers are so hot it is amazing. Extra blankets for the beds as it was cold at night. A well stocked kitchen too. Would highly recommend staying here.

• 10th Sep 2011