I stayed here because I was attending a show at Wembley, which is only a short tube ride away. Nice, clean hostel with good breakfast ( croissants, toast, jam, cereal, tea/coffee, juice ). Secure lockers in the room, which you can lock with your keycard. I had plenty of cupboard space next to my bed, which is also sometimes a rarity in hostels. Also liked the night lamp & that some light was shining through from the hallway, so you can easily navigate in the room without having to wake anyone

Pride of Paddington

I had huge issues checking in ( hostel being locked up at night , thankfully there was a payphone outside to call the night staff for check in ). It would have been much better if at least one of the doors would be accessible via a special code, so you can at least get into the hostel and don't have to wait outside at night. Then I was checked into a room that was fully occupied. Thankfully ran into a helpful staff member who was off duty and moved me to another room at 2:30am. Very lucky!

Abraham House

Dublin, Ireland

The location was superb. Would have liked to have lockers in the room ( although the ones you needed to pay for were a reasonable price ). Unfortunately there was a large group of younger kids at the hostel during my stay & they were extremly loud at all hours. They also took over the entire lobby area during the day. Was a bit bummed that no one of the staff would react to the extreme noise at night, as those kids were hanging out right by the reception area. Other than that everything OK

Pacifica Hotel

San Diego, USA

The location is the key at this hotel. Right in the heart of gaslamp quarter at an unbeatable price. Rooms are small and very basic, but they were clean & the bathrooms were recently remodeled.

Great hostel. Facilities were always very clean & staff friendly & helpful. Hostel is a short walk away from the city center. Enjoyed my stay here!

Cairns City Backpackers

Cairns, Australia

Security/ safety was horrible. There were no lockers in the room and when I asked at reception to store my laptop, I was told there was no storage, but I could use the lockers ( for a fee ) outside. I was staying for 7 nights and would have hoped for a different alternative. I had to take my valuables everywhere as a result. The lady at reception was not very helpful.

Bungalow Bay Koala Village YHA

Magnetic Island, Australia

I booked a package on hostelworld for a 3bed dorm for 2 nights incl return ferry and snorkel equipment. When I checked in I was given a key for an 8 bed dorm and was told that this is the room category for the package. I had written confirmation for a 3bed dorm, but was told to pay for the difference if I wanted to have the 3bed dorm. I was finally given the 3bed, but the lady was not very friendly.

Beautiful hostel, with amazing common areas, huge balcony & bathrooms. Staff went above and beyond to assist at any time. You have to stay here!

Aussie Woolshed

Hervey Bay, Australia

Hostel was nice & staff ( backpacker couple who worked for accom ) extremely helpful. The only minor problem was that they didn't run their own shuttle, so you had to arrange it through the hostel across the road, which worked out fine though.

Noosa Flashpackers

Noosa, Australia

Loved this place!!! Not only was it extremely clean, but staff was eager to help & go above and beyond. Stayed in a 3 bed female dorm, which was lovely. Huge shower & separate toilet & vanity area. Free wi-fi was great. Hostel is a bit out of town, but they provide shuttles to the grocery store & town centre. Highly recommend this hostel, was one of the best ones I stayed at.

Chill Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Nice hostel, but rooms should be checked for cleanliness. There were dirty dishes, clothes & food all over the room I checked into. Loved the public areas though.

Cape Byron YHA

Byron Bay, Australia

Great, clean hostel, walking distance to all the shops/bars. Wish there were more dishes and different pot sizes provided though. Gas stove is a bit of a safety issue, when you have to use the lighter, we had some trouble with it.

The Corkman Irish Pub

Melbourne, Australia

I had a great stay. The Corkman has a lot of character & you will meet a lot of people who are there long term, which gives it a much nicer atmosphere. The common areas were always very clean & I was lucky as it wasn't very busy while I was staying there. Staff is friendly & helpful & the pub downstairs is great for a cheap meal & some good irish music

Thank you for the kind words, it was lovely to meet you. We wish you happy travels and hope to see you again someday! :) Hope that you made it to Byron Bay ok after all the delays, it's a great place!

Y Hotel Hyde Park

Sydney, Australia

HI-Whistler

Whistler, Canada

I really enjoyed staying at this property. The cleanliness was outstanding and the common rooms and patio area were fantastic.