Hostella Female Only

Rome, Italy

My stay at Hostella was amazing! I had doubts about the neighbourhood, not in terms of beauty, but safety - I heard that Roma Termini was not a great place to be near. However that was ridiculous - the place was good, close to evreything and still cheap enough. The staff was very nice and helpful, the rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfast was so good (freshly baked brioches every morning, yum!). I met some nice girls there, great companions. I would stay there again for sure :)

• 7th Oct 2013

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

My stay at Plus Florence was really nice - it had comfy rooms, clean bathrooms and the location was very comfortable, close to everything important. The hostel bar was really noisy at night - I don't have any trouble falling asleep, however this might me a problem to some people. The staff at the check-in desk, while really nice, consists of too few people which leads to huge waiting lines.

• 4th Oct 2013

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

I really enjoyed my stay at the Plus Florence Hostel - it had a great location, near everything important. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the facilities new. It did occasionally get really loud, due to the bar in the hostel, so it might get annoying sometimes, when you're trying to fall asleep. However, let's be honest - it's a hostel, these things happen and I'd be a b*tch to complain about it. My only real complain - the hostel had visibly to few people in the office desk staff!

• 1st Oct 2013

Manena Hostel

Genoa, Italy

The hostel was really great - it was located in the very center of the old town, near all of the sites worth seeing. It was safe and clean. I slept in a 12-person mixed dorm, which is a lot of people, however it never bothered me - the room was big and you could just fall asleep without being interrupted; I can see how this might be a problem for some people though. The staff was really nice and they offered a sightseeing tour for the hostel guest, which was a nice touch. All in all I recommend!

• 29th Sep 2013
  • Poland

I only stayed there for one night, so I might not be the best judge here. I though the hostel was ok - no more, no less. I mean, the staff was nice, the hostel was pretty clean (although the bathroom wasn't, but that might be my roommates' fault, not the cleaning staff's). The "breakfast included" part was a nice touch though, made it good value for money. As for the security - the room had a lock, obviously, however my locker didn't close, that was a downside.

• 28th Sep 2013

St Christopher's Oasis

I thought that the location of the hostel was amazing, so close to everything interesting, yet not close enough to affect the prices of the hotel, as well as the surrounding (shops, cafes, etc.). The staff and the security was good, nothing to complain about. My only "but" is the facilities in the hostel - everything was fairly clean, yet because all of the facilities were pretty dated, they seemed very "used", so even with the cleaning effort of the staff, the hostel still seems kind of dirty.

• 3rd May 2013
  • Poland

Hey there, Thanks for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Oasis. Thanks for your feedback on our facilities. We do clean all our facilities several times a day to keep them as clean as possible. We are currently looking into renovating the whole building. We wish you all the best in future travels and hope to see you back soon. Thanks, St. Christopher's Team.

Wombats City Hostel Vienna was a great place to stay, especially if - after a day of sightseeing - you like to come back to a clean room and comfy bed. I've used the breakfast buffet once, but it was great - also good value for money, so it's worth paying the additional 4 Euro. I had a small problem with my room - I was put in a room where all the beds were already taken, but it was a customer's fault, not the staff's - the problem was quickly solved. All in all I had a great time there :)

• 3rd May 2012
  • Poland

International Student Center is a good place to stay if you want a clean room and bathroom where you can crash while in New York. The hostel itself is average in character, but you don't really go to New York to sit in a hostel, right? So for the excellent location it's worth the pretty small price you pay. I recommend it :)

• 7th Oct 2011

Le Montclair Montmartre

Paris, France

The location was amazing, right in the centre of Montmartre; the staff was helpful, the place mostly clean, the breakfast very tasty. One bad thing - it's November and the rooms were completely cold, which was a huge problem considering that our clothes were damp from the constant rain and we couldn't dry them at all. But apart from that our stay was ok.