Riad Layla Rouge

Marrakech, Morocco

This is a young, funky-looking riad in a good location with a lovely roof terrace, wifi and fab breakfasts served on the terrace. Perhaps on the pricy side and one downer for me was no door on toilet/bathroom in our double room. And no sheet on the mattress! The staff were helpful though, sorted out a trip to the public hammam and a second night in the neighbouring riad when we hadn't booked. I'd recommend this place for young travellers, the dorm room looked nice too.

• 9th Feb 2014

@Hua Lamphong

Bangkok, Thailand

Good place to stay for the location (close to MRT station and main train station). Reasonably cheap for me to have a single private room with en suite which I wanted before my flight home to the UK. Not much of a social vibe although I wasn't looking for that myself. The room was basic but had air conditioning and free water in the fridge, and a TV. Only down side was that I was woken up by french people speaking really loud in the corridor outside my room at midnight on the last night...

• 18th Jul 2013

Hostel Bekuo San Jose

San Jose, Costa Rica

Stayed here our first night in Costa Rica. Found it a little odd... No lock on our dorm room, one of the staff members kept walking in the room and using the bathroom - dont know why. Garden and kitchen nice, beds a little basic and didnt feel too clean. Nice and quiet though in the evening so if you want somewhere cheap to kip for a night it's not the worst place.

• 10th Mar 2013

A-Inn

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

A good place to stay on a budget, right near the metro to get around HK and in a great place for shopping with the ladies market two mins away. Room was fine, air conditioning and en suite but no communal area so might not suit a solo traveller. Waiting for the lift was slightly annoying but the staff on ground floor were really nice.

• 3rd Oct 2011