Smart Russell Square

Still the best hostel in London. Great hostel for partying and meeting people. Lacks character but its a big hostel with comfortable beds - plenty of showers and very good price s. Stayed in several London hostels and this one comes out tops every times.

• 7th Jun 2013

Astor Hyde Park

A decent hostel. Alhough I read a few reviews that billed this is a 'party hostel' I didn't see any evidence of this. It was pretty quiet, in fact being near a few museums there seemed to be a lot of swotty geeky girls staying in the hostel. Was a downer and was the only thing that put me off the place, along with trek from nearest tube stop. Aussie bloke and the girl in reception were super awesome and friendly.

• 5th Jun 2013

YHA London Earls Court

Luggage room isnt locked...thats just weird...they want you to pay for a locker that charges by hours. First room I stayed in was a 8 bed room and it was great - amazing view, huge room, bright, airy. However then moved to a smaller room which was awful. All the smaller rooms tend to be in the basement which is dark, bad views and no reception... Pretty dungeon like. Tip: book a bigger dorm room as I think they are bigger and better rooms.

• 2nd Jun 2013
  • Scotland

They can bump up their normal rates at busy times i.e during the Grand Prix but still the best hostel in Nice. Great big rooms, air con, comfy beds and defo a good party hostel. Full of cool Aussies and Brits. You will meet loads of people here and have a great time!

• 22nd May 2013

Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Still the best hostel in Edinburgh. Great rooms, great showers, great bathrooms. Definately a party hostel - your always guaranteed to meet people and have a good time here. There is even a bar on the first floor. Best hostel for fun and good times.

• 22nd May 2013

Generator Hostel London

Not the worst hostel I have stayed in, but definitely the strangest. Hostel itself was pretty good, even if there is not much around it, but the showers were a bit rusty and the lights over the shower area didn't work. Showers didn't have any hot water a few times, and need improving. I definately wouldn't stay here again though, the worst thing about this place was that there a lot of school children staying on a trip and even adults staying with babies/kids. Totally killed the backpacker vibe.

• 31st Mar 2013
  • Scotland

Dear Guest, Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with your fellow travelers online. Its always good for us as well to be able to better the service we are supplying for your next visit. We want all our guests to enjoy the same central, stylish and sociable experience in whichever of our properties they choose to call home as they explore Europe's most exciting cities. For this reason work has been underway since January to restyle our flagship property in Russell Square and is expected to continue until autumn 2013. Thank you for your patience and we look forward to showing you round our upgraded London hostel soon. In the meantime, to follow our progress or if you have any questions about your visit please pop by twitter.com/Gen_Restyle. We’re confident that you’ll love the new-look Generator London when the restyle is completed later this year and we look forward to welcoming you back to Generator London again soon. Best Wishes Lenny Hughes – GM Generator London

YHA London Holland Park

Room was in a horrible 60s/70s era building, no character. Room key didn't work and when I took it back the receptionist didn't even apologise, she just handed me a new card and didn't say a word. Pretty poor. It was pretty clean, but I wouldn't stay again due to the weird vibe. I prefer backpacker hostels. The hostel was full of hundreds of noisy school or college children from France (I think) which was really strange and killed the atmosphere. There was also a lot of older guests in 60s.

• 29th Mar 2013

Smart Russell Square

Would definitely stay again, great room, and great shower room. Very close to tube station and ideal base for exploring London. Although criticism was that you had to pay for locker, although it was electronic using your key card, which was handy.

• 29th Mar 2013

Caledonian Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

a great hostel, brilliant location, stay here all the time when im in edinburgh for work and love it. great mix of people and lots of character in the hostel- the best in edinburgh for fun. showers are on every floor and there is always warm water/plenty of showers and good and clean unlike some other hostels.

• 24th Jun 2011