Reviews: klawhit

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Miyanoura Portside Youth Hostel

Kagoshima Yakushima Island, Japan

The hostel is in the center of town and easy to get to from the port. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and there is a very nice Japanese style bath. Unfortunately there is no full kitchen so cooking would be difficult, but there is a great deck to sit outside right by the water. Staff was kind to us, but another hostel mate had some difficulties not being able to get refunded one night when a typhoon came in and forced him to change travel plans, so be careful about cancellation!

Great location! Careful because check in closes early (8pm) but they will leave you a key if you come late! It was great that the hostel gives you a discount card for all the main museums and sights, and they also sell a day pass for the Tram, Highly Recommend! Great Air con in the rooms too (although very stuffy in all of the hallways)

Hong Han Hotel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Loved this place! We arrived super late (like 2am) because out flight was delayed, and Im pretty sure we woke the staff up but they were still so helpful when they checked us in! We stayed in the 3person private, and it was definitely worth the money. Comfy beds, super clean bathroom, tv, and strong air con. The breakfast was also great (eggs and toast, fresh juice and coffee) and its located right in the backpackers area with lots of cheap food and little shops around. Highly Recommend!

Location is great, a lot of good street food nearby. It's nice that the rooms have a locker big enough for your entire backpack/suitcase and a smaller locker up by your bed. Also nice to have the free water refills in the hallways. The upstairs lounge is nice, but wasn't too keen on the constant loud music downstairs. We checked in around 9:30pm and couldnt hear anything the staff was trying to tell us because of the pre pub crawl drinking/music going on. Seemed to be a bar night everynight.

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The staff was not as friendly as expected, but they were efficient about booking tours (the cuci tunnel tour is good and cheap), and let us check in in the middle of the night. The hostel itself is okay, not a lot of personality (the rooftop bar was closed while we were there), but the beds are comfy and rooms have good aircon. bathrooms weren't as clean as they could have been. The location is pretty good, just across the street from the backpackers district, lots of cheap food and shops there.

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Nice that they wait up through the night to let you check in when your flight arrives at 2am! The CuCi tunnel tour was good. Rooftop was closed while I was there, that might have given it some more character. Location across from the park is nice, and its close to the backpackers street but not right on it, which is good because its a little less crazy!

Tabicolle Backpackers

Fukuoka City, Japan

Other than a bit of a walk from Hakata Station, no problems (would be awesome if they were in the Tenjin area). Great staff, very clean hostel, and beds are comfortable. Really nice kitchen facility and rooftop area. I think only one shower so if the hostel was full that could be an issue but it wasn't when I was there. Japanese style (= very thin walls) so not somewhere to stay up late socializing because everyone can hear you!

Thanks a lot for staying with us Ms. Whitney, we enjoyed having you stay with us, and talking with you! We're currently thinking of a solution to the lack of showers, thanks for your comment. We hope we will see you again soon! Happy travels!

One of my go to hostels in Fukuoka. Cheaper than some other options, clean, and always friendly staff. I stayed in a 2 person room for the first time, and it was kind of cramped. I recommend staying in one of the dorms so you have a little more room to move around. Otherwise, always clean and nice staff.

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya

Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Very clean, cute Japanese style hostel! The staff are excellent (They were very gracious even when we overslept past check out time)! it has coin parking nearby, and is right near a tram line and walking distance to some of the main sites and downtown area. They provide locks & storage for valuables, but no towels. Only downside is that since it is Japanese style, if you aren't used to sleeping on a futon, it might not be the most comfortable. But Its a Great price and I would go back!

Osaka Hana Hostel

Osaka, Japan

Amazing hostel. Excellent location (10 min walk to dotonburi), reasonable price, very kind staff, and possibly the cleanest hostel Ive ever stayed in. The beds are also comfortable, and have individual lights, and curtains in case you have early risers in your room. Only thing that could make it better would be offering breakfast, but there are plenty of cafes around for food. I will definitely be back next time I am in Osaka!

Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! It was great to have you here at Osaka Hana Hostel : ) Looking forward for your next visit !!!

Backpackers INSIDE

Seoul, South Korea

Nice staff, and good neighborhood, lots of restaurants nearby! It was mid winter and freezing while I was there, and the heated floors and warm heat fan in the bathroom were amazing! The single room was very tiny, which is to be expected, but because there is no ventilation really, with the heated floor while otherwise appreciated, made it unbearably hot for sleeping. Otherwise no complaints! I booked a DMZ tour also through the hostel, which was good but a bit pricier than some other choices.

Seoul Base Camp

Seoul, South Korea

Interesting Idea for a hostel. If you want your privacy, not for you, but a great place to meet people if you are travelling on your own, and the owner is awesome, very helpful and fun.

Not super fancy, but the staff here are awesome and its the cheapest place that I've found to stay in Fukuoka. They handled our crazy booking really well (there was a big group of us booked separately with people changing rooms after the first night but it all went smoothly). They can give good advice about what to do in Fukuoka and how to get around. bit of a trek from Hakata, but there isn't really anything closer. Oh, and really clean! Nice beds too.

Great hostel. Helpful and friendly staff, clean, and comfortable rooms. Although I didn't use it much this trip, they also had a nice lounge and kitchen area upstairs, where Im sure meeting people would be easy if you are travelling on your own. My only complaint would be location - about a ten minute walk from hakata station, but from there to get to any of the good bar areas its a subway ride or long walk again, which makes coming back from the bars pretty difficult without taking a taxi!

Two things that were frustrating that there was no one at the desk during the day and there was no where to place the key for early checkout in the morning. I understand not having reception open, but when you come to drop off luggage midday it would be nice to have someone there to give you a map or tell you how to get around at the very least. I needed to check out before the 8am reception opening, and there was no where to drop the key, it would be nice for guests with early flights.

Thank you very much for staying with us this time. We clean the hostel between 11:00 and 15:00 and the staffs are around instead of being at the reception. There is an information board about putting the luggage on the reception desk and several guide books at the lobby as well. It is also available to check out before 8:00 in the morning. It is written in a confirmation mail about how to do the early check out. We are sorry for the inconvenience. It would be nice you to ask us if you have any questions. We hope to see you next time!

Hostel 64 Osaka

Osaka, Japan

While the location is great that's the best thing this hostel has going for it. Absolutely no character or atmosphere at all, the rooms are bare bones (the only thing on the wall is a number pained above each bed), the staff are not very friendly (not so much as a hello from the guy who checked us in), and the breakfast was, to be nice, not good (we ate the one fruit, passed everything else). It has potential, but for the price/night, its pricier than some other ny hostels that would be more fun

Ivanhoe Hostel

Rome, Italy

The guys who run this place are hilarious! Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed in, but I would definitely go back. Unfortunately we only stayed one night, but there was a lot going on, a party hostel for sure!

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Nicest hostel I've stayed in hands down. The staff and the info desk were so useful in finding things to do, even though we were there for a few rainy days. Food in the restaurant was not the best, but the rooftop bar had an amazing view!