Reviews: rebot

Location USA, Gender Female, Age 41

Youth Hostel Meetingpoint, Amsterdam, Netherlands
21st Oct 2013

I love this place for the hilarious & accomodating staff, the smoking room, and the location. The duvet on my bed had suspicious stains, but I was always too tired by the time I climbed 4 floors to do anything about it. The bathroom on the 4th floor looked scary, mostly because of poor ventilation, bad lighting, and moldy ceiling in the showers, but I know it was regularly cleaned. Bring flip-flops, a compact mirror and have a smoke, a coffee and a good chat.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab), Brussels, Belgium
19th Oct 2013

I didn't enjoy my lukewarm shower that got my clothes wet because there wasn't anywhere dry to put them, but really enjoyed the homemade hot dinner and personalized recommendations from the bartender. Very nice staff. very large hostel with an open courtyard that allows noise to carry, but is a nice place to relax with a drink and a smoke.

Ashfield Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
17th Oct 2013

I don't understand why people who don't know each other have to share keys. I woke up my roommates a few times. Nice complimentary breakfast with hard boiled eggs, fruit & yoghurt. Excellent location & very friendly, helpful staff.

Bru Bar & Hostel, Cork, Ireland
10th Oct 2013

Staff were great with good recommendations for drinks, restaurants, etc. The hostel maintenance was lacking, but it was obvious the cleaners tried their best.

Sleepzone, Galway, Ireland
7.7
4th Oct 2013

Derry City Independent Hostel, Derry, Northern Ireland
29th Sep 2013

I have been traveling for 7 months and this is my favorite hostel. It is not built by Ikea, but is homey and full of fun, interesting people. Fantastic staff who make sure you don't miss out on local events or goings on.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
23rd Sep 2013

Amazing staff, great facilities, free herbs and spices, lots of small perks that really make you feel at home. The only negative was the bar in the middle of the beds in room 3.

Hatters on Newton Street, Manchester, England
21st Sep 2013

Good solid hostel.

Solid Hostel for solid people! :) Thank you for your good review!! Hope everything was good for you.

Rock N Bowl Hostel, Bristol, England
6th Sep 2013

Fantastic kitchen, great common areas, comfy beds, just be prepared for noise. Excellent location downtown near everything.

Oxford Backpackers Hostel, Oxford, England
6.3
5th Sep 2013

The woman at the front desk appeared to be in training, was vey kind and did her best, but the guy training/helping her was rather rude. They were out of local maps and had very little advice about restaurants or sights and provided poor directions. I was told to head right outside the door and I would "find things". Good, solid, non-squeaky bed. Breakfast was basic continental. Seemed like lots of people looking for flats and/or work living there. They were helpful and kind.

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea, London, England
8.0
1st Sep 2013

Terrible mattresses and bunk beds that shake every time you move, but great staff, fabulous breakfast and free beverages. Blandest thai food I have ever had, even after requesting it spicy. The 24 bus stops right out front & is a night bus which is super convenient. Staff very helpful with tourism suggestions and information.

Bath Backpackers, Bath, England
6.0
10th Aug 2013

I really only used this place for a bed to sleep in and a sink to wash up with in the morning. It was a Friday in August so it was hot, noisy outside, but the bed was fine and I could plug in my Kindle while I slept. I'm not so sure the bathrooms were dirty as much as the entire place is just in disrepair. I checked out the common room and kitchen out of curiosity and its obvious the place is a long term residence for some.

The Fort Boutique Hostel, York, England
4th Aug 2013

I have been traveling Europe for 4 months and this hostel truly stands out as the best. Comfy beds, clean, generous facilities and by far the nicest, kindest staff on the planet. They went above and beyond everyday, even going so far as to help purchase a bus ticket for me when my American credit card wasn't accepted. Great restaurant/bar deals and location. This place is better than most hotels, it just has bunk beds with private shower/toilet rooms providing nice soap and lotions! 10 stars!

6.0
22nd Jul 2013

They ran out of toilet paper FOR THE WHOLE BUILDING. My bed vibrated every time the ladies hand dryer was used in the bar toilet, and not in a good way. They checked in a nice but loud group of 5 Spainish 20 somethings after 11pm in my 6 bed room. I had to go sleep on the beach when they were still partying at 8 am. Fun bar, great location. Trash wasn't taken out for two days. Bring Ambien or party shoes.

3rd Jul 2013

I was sick and needed juice I had stored in a refrigerator. Because they were cleaning, they wouldn't let me get my juice as I was hacking my lungs out, almost passing out from fever. That really sucked. Also, forgot my brand new shampoo in shower, cleaning volunteer who came right after took it instead of returning it. :-(

30th Jun 2013

28th Jun 2013

Only issue was lack of power points available in their lovely old building.

Budget Backpackers, Edinburgh, Scotland
6.9
25th Jun 2013

Desk staff was a clique of young Austrailians (two guys in particular) who did their best to ignore me or actively make me feel unwelcome and I had been traveling in 5 countries for 3 months. Probably would have rated everything better if they hadn't constantly made me feel unwelcome.

The Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
3.7
21st Jun 2013

No staff, kitchen or common area at night. Only power points between 11pm-10am are in the hallway. Bathrooms cleaned once per day at 10am. They allow stag parties with no supervision. Picture the mess by 10am and what I was subjected to as I sat on the floor in the hallway at night trying to charge my computer & camera. Two toilets, three showers for 44 beds on my floor, not sure about others.

6.6
19th Jun 2013

Hostel is on loud cross-streets with lots of yelling at night- too hot to shut windows. no food or drink upstairs, only other place is the bar where you can't have outside food or drink. Bathrooms are co-ed which meant I stepped in pee when I went to the toilet in the am. Beds are three bunks high and not so comfy. Small lockers in rooms fit computers, cameras, etc. It was okay for a night

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel, Galway, Ireland
6.6
15th Jun 2013

Off the beaten path enough to be quiet outside, but I had to actually get out of bed and control other residents one night because the staff apparently couldn't. The bathrooms need shelving or cubbies, somewhere to put your clean clothes and supplies other than the floor. Good connections with tours. It's up 3 long flights of stairs (there is a very slow elevator). If you smoke, be prepared to hike a lot of stairs and stand in the rain. Also have to buzz & be interogated to get back in.

Abbey Court, Dublin, Ireland
6th Jun 2013

This place is fantastic. Great variety of common areas, outside smokers patio, movie room and variety of shower rooms. Lots of long-term residents who are all great craic. Wish the kitchen was more available & had more fridge space. Internet was pretty good thoughout the building, but would get hung up sometimes so you'd have to wait 10 or so minutes and try again.

Hostel Baccarat, Nice, France
7.7
29th May 2013

Great location for getting around to everything. Free champagne or pasta parties every night. Not very clean and in disrepair. The owner said that's one of the reasons he throws the parties- he wants people to have fun and if they are dissatisfied with "little things" like cleanliness then he hopes they'll remember the fun they had. The wifi was good everywhere except the outside patio. Great common areas. Super helpful friendly staff. Ensuite bath made room humid. Loud street noise. Broken beds

Granada Inn Backpackers, Granada, Spain
5th May 2013

Great beds, staff, clean rooms and great facilities. Curtains would help prevent the automatic lights from being so disruptive at night. Courtyard sounds radiate & the 20 or so 10 year olds who were staying were disruptive. Incorrect info for waterfall tours was disappointing, but other tours were fantastic. Breakfasts were great for being included and I love that you can work for rent. Easy to access transportation, but a bit of a walk from the interesting areas of town. Same path everyday.

Room007 Ventura Hostel, Madrid, Spain
22nd Apr 2013

The hostel was still under constructions so one day a hook appeared in the bathroom and there were dishes to use the next day. Hopefully they get a real refrigerator at some point. Once it's done I sure it will be great. Comfy beds but "water saving" faucets in sink & showers were annoying. Good strong internet throughout. I would stay here again.

Hi mate!! Thank you to take your time and share with everybody your pleasant stay in Room007 Ventura. My staff and my self we hope to see you again with us. Reviews like this one, show us the way to get better. By the way, now we have a better kitchen and we are not under construction anymore. Warm regards.

U Hostels, Madrid, Spain
16th Apr 2013

This place has EVERYTHING you need, but know that they charge for towels, you should bring a lock for your locker & the common areas are open to the public. Fabulous staff- and I highly recommend joining some group events. As a 38 year old woman, I was happily surprised by how all inclusive it was. The location requires some walking/metro, but well worth it as I found out staying in another place right downtown.