Big&O's House 2

Chiang Mai, Thailand

A stand out hostel in my four month trip. Pretty traditional building, comfy beds (no bunk beds!), decent bathrooms and most of all excellent service. I booked for 1 week and ended up staying nearly 2! Big and the team are doing a fantastic job of creating a welcoming atmosphere. Thank you, Alice xx

Three of a Kind

Bangkok, Thailand

Cool decor, but warmer staff (particularly the men that i interacted with) matters much more to me. I couldn't find the hostel at first and after walking up and down for a long time, a friendly local lady showed me the way. she explained to the staff that many backpackers were missing the small dark sign, but the guys on reception practically ignored her and seemed not very bothered in welcoming me. no one awake/around to offer breakfast or local tips at 8.20am. A tad too pretentious for me!

The Luxury Concept Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

exceeded my expectations all round, and they were already high. Cool, clean , chilled. I highly recommend it. thank you!

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This does the trick for a stop over before\after hitting the nearby islands. all the facilities you need. Efficient, but not particularly characterful. I had 2 items go missing in the in-house laundry, that they did eventually mange to locate when I identified that this was the case (phew!) but I didn't get any apology for the mix up.

Life's A Beach

Quy Nhon, Vietnam

A nice relaxing stay in a perfect location, with beautiful decor. The only thing I would suggest considering would be cheaper evening dining options - the communal evening meal only option is a bit pricey (150 VND I think) as a proportion of your stay over a few days for backpackers in the dorm accommodation. thanks for a lovely stay!

Old Centre Hostel Hanoi

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Charisma Resort

Siquijor, Philippines

great location, friendly team. Dorm could do with another toilet and shower. when half occupied it was perfect.

Red Carabao Community

Manila, Philippines

Canadiana Backpackers Inn

Toronto, Canada

We had just one night here on a stop-over from New York back to London. The lady on reception was really helpful in giving us advice on what we could do in our short trip, making recommendations on where to eat. Room was warm (very important when it's minus 12C outside) and a good size. I'd love to come back to Toronto and the hostel again.

Thank you for your fantastic review! We're glad you had a nice stay with us- do come back again!

Hostel Old Plovdiv

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

This Hostel was beautiful - period decor and furnishings throughout. We really enjoyed eating breakfast in the pretty courtyard. The owner, Hristo and his team were also helpful in recommending further cities to visit.

Hello, it was so nice to meet you ! Having the highest possible rating from you is such a great honor ! Best regards Hristo

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Staff very helpful in pointing us towards a free walking tour and recommending restaurants. The 'library' of guidebooks and other reading material is also a great idea.