Location: Germany, Age: 31

Hostel Sunset

Zadar, Croatia

The hostel is located in a quiet, beautiful neighbourhood, perfect to escape the hustling in the Old Town. Staff was absolutely wonderful and you can do whatever you prefer: Chill, mingle, relax. The kitchen could be a bit cleaner, but this is mainly due to the people using it. It might be better to mark the food in the fridge, since it is crammed with expired stuff. Thanks again, guys!

• 26th Jul 2014

Split Backpackers

Split, Croatia

The hostel is located close to the port and bus/train station, and thereby only a short walk from the old town. I only stayed there for a night, but met some nice people, got rest (not a party hostel) and the staff was extremely helpful. Recommended!

• 25th Jul 2014

Boogie Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

Excellent location, comfy rooms, friendly staff. Boogie has the atmosphere of a large hotel rather than a hostel, not exactly cozy. There are security cameras on all floors and even in the kitchen, which, depending on individual preferences, will make you feel either safe or uncomfortable. Breakfast was not included, contrary to the description on hostelworld, and the kitchen sink was broken. Still great value for money though!

• 18th Aug 2013

Cinnamon Hostel Poznan

Poznan, Poland

Perfect location, friendly and helpful staff, cozy rooms, great breakfast. There really is not much to criticize, with the exception of the bathrooms/showers, which are a bit run-down. Highly reccommended!

• 14th Aug 2013

Hostel Elena

Zadar, Croatia

Great location, friendly and helpful staff, good atmosphere. The only downside: the internet connection did not work at all anywhere in the house while I was there; it took about five minutes for a page to open (probably longer, I just stopped trying eventually). Most of the guests had to go to neighboring cafés offering wifi to plan the next part of their trips. For a hostel, this is not acceptable. Fix it, guys!

• 7th Aug 2013

Tresor Hostel

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The few great things: Prices are cheap, the location is perfect. Downsides? Super light walls, loud doors, poor security (anyone can enter during the day, and since there are so many people, no one will notice a stranger walking in), the showers do not have doors and are therefore constantly flooding the bathrooms. How most of the staff was hired is beyond me. They (except for one young woman, mabye the manager? She was superb!) can barely mumble a "hello". Only recommened because it's so cheap.

• 21st Mar 2013

Apinelo Hostel

Split, Croatia

We had a lovely stay at Apinelo! It's a small hostel (not a party place, but perfect to relax), only a five-minute walk from the train and bus station as well as the old town. Our room, the double-room, is super cozy (we loved the disco ball!), beds are comfortable and the entire place is impeccably clean. The kitchen is well-equipped and also servs as a common room, including a big flat screen TV. Staff was great, very accommodating, helpful and kind. I highly recommend staying there!

• 17th Feb 2013

Pansion Aldi

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Pansion Aldi is situated right next to the bus and train station, so it is really easy to get there. The old town and the famous bridge are within walking distance. The owners are super nice and accommodating; they live upstairs and are always there for whatever you need. The only problem we had was that the rooms were in the cellar - perfect for the hot summers, but rather difficult during winter. We were given a small heater, but it was nevertheless a very cold night. Still, I'd recommend it!

• 16th Feb 2013

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Traveller's Home Hostel truly is a place like home! It is located in the heart of Sarajevo, close to the Old Town. Beds were comfortable, everything was perfectly clean (spotless in fact), the kitchen was spacious and well-equipped. Most of all, the staff was amazing - super helpful, kind and very accommodating. We'll be back for sure!

• 13th Feb 2013

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

This charming little hostel is located in the heart of Zagreb, only a walk away from the main square. It is cozy and clean and the atmosphere is great; you can easily mingle with other travelers in the common room. Staff was great and went up and beyond to make everyone comfortable. I highly recommend staying at Hobo Bear Hostel. Thanks so much for everything, guys!

• 2nd Jan 2013

Good Morning Hostel Belgrade

Belgrade, Serbia

Slightly average, but all in all good and clean hostel. The staff is nice and accommodating. Beware that you have to pay extra for a lot of things that are free in most other hostels nowadays (1 Euro to use a hair dryer? Come on!).

• 2nd Jul 2012

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

Great staff, beautiful, charming building, excellent location in the heart of the old town; I highly recommend staying there!

• 1st Jul 2012

MOJO Budva

Budva, Montenegro

Mojo is located nicely, only a short walk away from the beach and about ten minutes from the old town. It's a charming place after all. Good value for money (we paid 9 Euro a night in July!). However, the bathrooms were rather old and often not very clean. The staff was partly nice, partly a bit unmotivated. Skyping on the only computer when guests are around and not noticing that there is no toilet paper left in the bathroom for the past 12 hours? I've seen better, but I still recommend Mojo.

• 28th Jun 2012

Spirit Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

It was my second stay at Spirit Hostel and what can I say: It was once again nothing but top notch! It's cleaner than any hotel I have stayed at; the staff members will do everything to make you feel comfortable and do so with a smile always. Nicest staff ever! The air conditioning was also nice considering the hot temperatures in Beogard at the moment. This is still the best hostel I have visited so far; I will for sure be back! Thanks, Team Spirit!

• 25th Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

Dear Katja, thank you a lot for such a wonderful words! Having the guests like you makes this job so magical! We'll do our best to make the third one even better! Warm regards from Spirit Hostel team!

Cocomama

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great location, excellent staff, extremely clean, easy to meet other travellers. I highly recommend!

• 26th Sep 2011

Hotel Gjirokastra

Gjirokaster, Albania

This is actually a cozy, little hotel rather than a hostel. It's not a place to meet other travellers, but extremely charming, clean and set in the perfect location, right in the old town. The staff doesn't speak English, but very accommodating nonetheless. I highly recommend!

• 22nd Sep 2011

SR Backpackers

Saranda, Albania

What can I say, Tomi is the Master of hospitality! He will make sure that everyone feels at home. He even cooked for all of us one night. This hostel is the perfect place to stay at while in Saranda. It's located right next to the beach, the beds are comfortable and it is easy to meet other travelers. I highly recommend!

• 19th Sep 2011

Spirit Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Spirit Hostel is be the best hostel I have ever stayed at, truly so. It is located in a nice area in the centre of town close to Kalemegdan Fortress, only a short walk away from the pedestrian zone, nice cafés and shops. The staff was very accommodating, open, helpful - simply great. Whatever we needed, they provided it, always with a smile. Rooms were neat and comfortable, breakfast was great and it is definitely the cleanest place I have ever visited (hotels incl.). Thank you! We'll be back :)

• 26th Mar 2011

Cricket hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

We had the best stay possible at Cricket. The hostel is super cozy, the location is great, beds were comfortable, everything was clean and, most importantly, the staff was amazing. They were very accommodating, gave us advice on how to spend our time in Beograd and were beyond helpful. When I forgot some of my stuff at the hostel after we left, they even sent everything to me in a package. I highly recommend and will most definitely stay there again when I return to Beograd. Thank you!

• 3rd Dec 2010

Aboriginal Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Location was good, rooms were cozy, staff was AMAZING. They make you feel at home and take good care of you. No one will stay alone at Aboriginal. The only downside were the drunken guys in the room next to us...even when we asked them to keep it down a little (at 5 AM), they didn't care. But even they couldn't kill the atmosphere...thanks, Team Aboriginal! :)

• 30th Oct 2010

Hostel & Guest House SA

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The view from the windows alone is worth staying at this hostel. It is perfectly situated in the hills of Sarajevo, only a short walk away from the old town. Rooms are clean, beds were confortable. The Bathrooms don't have any doors, which became a good source of jokes for us. Owners were nice and accommodating. Be aware though that you're staying in someone else's home, so your stay will be rather quiet and low key (e.g. common room was closed as early as 10 PM every night).

• 1st Oct 2010
  • Mixed Group

Hostel Print

Ljubljana, Slovenia

The hostel is situated in a nice, green residential area, and it only takes a 15-minute walk to the center. Breakfast was okay and everything was clean except the bathrooms on Sunday (I guess it's not being cleaned on Sundays). Staff was very accommodating and helpful the entire time. However, it is not a party hostel, but perfect for couples or people who like it more quiet. I highly recommend.

• 30th Aug 2010