Location: Philippines, Gender: Male, Age: 31

Avrasya Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Everything about this hostel was great: great location, free breakfast, free wifi, stable bunk bed...except when my friend and I checked out, the staff (Abe) told us that in his record we had not paid our dues yet. Apparently, the staff (Ibrahim) who assisted us during checkin did not update their record. My mistake was I did not ask for the receipt. So I told them to rewind their security camera, and they would see the staff (Ibrahim) that he took my payment and he gave me change.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

The place was one of the good hostels in Tel Aviv. Very helpful and accommodating staffs.

• 24th Nov 2014

Abraham Hostel Jerusalem

Jerusalem, Israel

We stayed here for one night in a 8-bed mixed dorm. This place had more guests than the previous hostels we had been to. Dorm was a bit pricey than others. We loved the free breakfast, it was awesome.

• 23rd Nov 2014

New Swedish Hostel

Jerusalem, Israel

The place was inside the old city which we loved. We stayed here for 2 nights in a 12-bed dorm which was not fully booked. Free wireless internet which we only knew in our 2nd day stay. Owner must take down their internet rental signage in the reception. Beds, toilets, and shower rooms were cramped but typical in Jerusalem. Friendly staff though.

• 19th Nov 2014

Hostel Overstay TLV

Tel Aviv, Israel

We stayed for one night. The room did not have window screen. We got mosquito bites. Thank you for the bed upgrade though.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

Cheers. Sorry about the mosquitoes. That happens some days after it rains. If we install nets than blocks the air flow. so not sure thats better for the rest of the year. best is to close the window and turn on the AC. mayb next time.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Great place to stay. Thanks to you Andrea!

• 10th Nov 2014

YMCA Christchurch

Christchurch, New Zealand

Staffs were polite and friendly, An OK hostel, unstable metal bed bunk, the place was within CBD: close to Botanic Garden, Museum, Central Station (bus to the airport) etc. A little bit expensive for dorm type (NZ$33/N).

• 4th Nov 2014

The Cambridge Hotel & Backpackers

Wellington, New Zealand

Thank you so much for the upgrade! I really appreciate it.

• 2nd Nov 2014

The Dwellington

Wellington, New Zealand

I love their wooden bunk bed in the dorm. The place is close to everything: grocery, parliament, etc. Got friendly and helpful staff too.

• 1st Nov 2014

City Travellers Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Ours were upgraded to double bedroom no extra charge!

Reggae Guest House 2

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very welcoming! Nice hostel to stay into!

Solongos Backpackers

Busan, South Korea

Wonderful place to stay into!

IS@K Guest House

Seoul, South Korea

Great place to stay with!

City Travellers Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

The hostel is hundred steps away from the Airbus stop. It is not too crowded. There is no need to queue or wait when you need to use areas like the toilets, the kitchen, the PCs etc. What I liked more was the single beds. I am light sleeper so I avoid dorms with bunked beds if possible.

• 27th Sep 2011

Tree In Lodge

Singapore, Singapore

This is what my sister had to say when she stayed in Tree in Lodge. She said that the hostel was quite clean and at good location. It was just few walks from and to MRT and bugis shopping center. A Nice option for a stay of 1-2 days. But they have this energy saving thing between noon and 6PM where the aircon would be turned off. If you would like to sleep or stay at your dorm at that time, you cannot stand the heat and discomfort, plus a single electric fan was never ON at all.

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I booked another room for my siblings on this hostel. I think they liked their room than ours. I would say that they enjoyed their stay in this hostel.

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

My siblings and I stayed in one of the rooms at the 15th Floor. The reception is at the 5th floor. The receptionists were friendly and accomodating. The room was fully furnished but needed vacuum cleaning everyday; they only trashed out the rubbish. The lobby is not crowded which is a good thing. The location is close to MRT station.

• 22nd May 2011

Reggae Guest House 2

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I stayed in their Mixed Dorm for several hours. The hostel was clean and got free internet access which I think is important for travellers.

• 27th Mar 2011

Coolibah Lodge

Perth, Australia

I stayed in Room 19. The bunk bed was unstable and the wood flooring in the corridor was uneven. Since I am a light sleeper, I got easily distracted with little noise. Nevertheless, my 5-day stay was wonderful.

• 21st Mar 2011

Backpacker Mr.Sea

Seoul, South Korea

Upside: Room 401was fully furnished and has thermostat and kitchen. The location was near Metro Station and Airport Bus Stop. Downside: Since there were no sheets for comforters, we dint use them. We were given hand towels not body towels, so you better bring your own. Their cleaner missed those molds in the bathroom corners and shower curtain. From their website, check in was 9AM but it was 1PM.

• 27th Nov 2010

May Rooms 1 Taipei

Taipei, Taiwan

The family room where we stayed was clean, commodious, yet cheap. Great place to stay!

• 10th Jul 2010