Freehand Chicago

Chicago, USA

isn't a traditional hostel, its a hotel/hostel. If you with friends and want to do you own thing it's good. If you are wanting to make new friends don't stay here. The atmosphere in this hostel is 0%, yes there is a bar/ lounge area but in the morning its filled with families having the breakfast (which was pretty good) and during the day/ night its filled with people on business and the lobby has no info for travellers for information. on the plus side its so clean, beds are super comfy

Firehouse Hostel

Austin, USA

Great location just off 6th street. Not much going on in the hostel itself except for the pub crawls (do the weekend ones only). Its pretty clean through the whole hostel, but the best part is the breakfast, its actually food! Normal pastries but they also have breakfast cereals and fruit. Was very surprised and very happy after so many hostels eating donughts for breakfast. One of the better hostels I have stayed in the states.

IHSP French Quarter House

New Orleans, USA

The place is pretty funky its a small hostel and it has a good vibe there, although this is created by the travellers. One of the staff members was great he was helpful and created options unfortunately the rest of the staff we met are more interested in sitting in the back garden. The location is great few blocks from burbon st and some great places to eat. Pretty clean beds are standard but the breaky is pretty cool. overall a good hostel

New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

fantastic location, few blocks empire state and close downtown. down side is the atmosphere does not exist. there is no common area (the three seats infront of the check in desk doesn't count), there pizza night they bought three pizzas and the breakfast is so bad boxes of doughnuts (half a donut each if that) the staff are also useless me and my buddy were is seperare rooms and so were so many other people, not the biggest issue except I had a spare bed the whole time the staff wouldn't swap us

Anwar House

me and my girl stayed there. we just wanted a bed and not much more. exactly what this place is. its a place to sleep. the place is just a little run down needs a lot of work. for the price you pay you would expect it to be a little nicer though. I was on the top level and the wifi barely worked, the shower head did not have a holder so when you showered you had to hold the shower head. the beds were clean and I felt safe enough to leave my passport and money in our room.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

the majority of the staff are great, one of the girls (cant remember name) is extremely helpful even after I had to change rooms twice. very clean very safe very nice hostel what you expect from munich hostels. like most big hostel it has a bar and events but good atmosphere but not electric just like many hostels

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Compared to most hostels in Rome, this one is pretty good. Clean, friendly staff, safe. I was out the whole time so didn't really get a vibe of the atmosphere. But I am 28 as well!

Funny Palace Hostel

Rome, Italy

For the price of this hostel it's definitely not worth it. Most hostels in Rome are not the best but this one is on a different level. The staff don't care, won't give you advice, won't tell you the WiFi password, like getting blood out of a stone. When I went to bed there was a used fork under my pillow. Obviously they don't clean the sheets. So glad I changed hostels. Next one was so much better

can you be honest please when you do a comment, because all what you said is not totally true. first of all i was the one that checked you in, gave you full information and explained you every single thing, and you said "they don't give wifi password", but you already got it upon arrival; if you forgot, then just ask and you will get it, but you didn't. It doesn't cost us a thing!. About cleaning, if it's true why you didn't say us when you are here? but it isn't.

Hostel One Home

Prague, Czech Republic

I have been travelling for 10 nears now by far this hostel is one the best I have stayed in. Besides the fact you get free dinner to talk to everyone, their are daily activities. The place is clean and safe. Besides all this there is something about that place the atmosphere is so good, I have never been in a hostel where everyone talks to everyone this is all due to the staff. They actually do care about the people staying. Great some prob the best out there all credit to them.

Mundo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Hostel was exactly what I needed, not a party hostel just something a bit more quiet. Can make friends over the free breakfast still. I forget her name but the girl who works during the day is amazing. I needed to make a phone call and she was nice enough to let me use her phone. The best part are the scrambled eggs in the morning amazing. She is very welcomeing and friendly. The place is clean beds are average location is between the two main parts. Overall pretty good.

Kick Ass Hostels

Edinburgh, Scotland

Staff are awesome, super helpful. Hostel pretty clean no complaints. Cheap food (except breakfast way to expensive). The place should have the best atmosphere has large bar upstairs with music clips, table tennis, board games unfortunately the way it's set up makes it hard for people to mingle and the atmosphere is a bit dull. The only really bad point is the place is so noisy you can hear everything that goes on there, between rooms, between floors and even outside. But overall pretty good

Jacobs Inn

Dublin, Ireland

Overall hostel is pretty good. Very clean massive kitchen, pub craw and free walking tour, free breakfast. All which is pretty amazing. The downsides are although the staff are very friendly and very helpful a lot of the information was wrong, it was a very 'lad' hostel extremely noisy all night and morning in the corridors. But not the biggest issues. Overall a very impressive hostel.

Thanks for your review. I'd love to hear what incorrect information was given - we do need to hear where we are going wrong. Please send us more information to events@isaacs.ie so we can correct anything.

Bowden Court

If you are a backpacker than do not stay here. If you are moving to London and need a few days to crash it's ok. The rooms are cheap but the showers and toilets were always filthy, the free breakfast and dinner is ok but stick to fried foods. The lady who checked me in was nice apart from that the staff are quite arrogant towards most people. Like previous stated if your backpacking don't stay here. If you need somewhere cheap to crash till you sort out living in London it's ok.