Freddie next to Mercury

New World St. Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

This was a nice place to spend a couple of days in Vilnius.

Central Hostel Riga

Riga, Latvia

If you don't want to meet other travellers, stay here. The common rooms are awkward and don't lend themselves to a very social place.

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Staff friendly but inept. Kitchen was disgusting, due to staff, not guests. The hostel make dinner for a fee for guests, and cook it in the kitchen. I opted not to pay for the dinner and cook myself. I figured I could cook afterwards, but staff did not clean up after themselves and left the sink, counter, and table completely full of dirty dishes for hours following using them. In a separate event, I needed something from the staff, but had to remind them 5 times before I got it. Location good.

Best Hostel City

Stockholm, Sweden

The location is great, the staff are good, but the atmosphere is otherwise mediocre at best. There isn't a good common area to meet people and security isn't good.

Youthhostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

The hostel lacks a decent common area. They have space, but it's not a good atmosphere to meet other travelers. Too expensive for what you get. Even in Switzerland. Facilities are modern and the location is decent though.

Annecy Hostel

Annecy, France

I enjoyed my stay in this hostel. The atmosphere is very relaxing and there is a good common area and backyard. It is close to the grocery store and only five minutes from the old town and 10 minutes to the train station on foot. I would stay here again. The security could be better though.

La Casona Hostel

Santiago, Chile

This is a very nice hostel. The staff are friendly, the location is great, and it is very secure.

Hostal Casa Valparaiso

Valparaiso, Chile

Koa Wood Hale

Kailua-Kona, USA

James and other staff made me feel really welcome. The hostel had a cheerful atmosphere the night I stayed here. It is about a 5-10 minute walk to downtown. Overall a nice place and definitely much better than Pineapple Park.

Hilo Bay Hostel

Hilo, USA

The staff were friendly and the location was very centralized. Easy walk to Farmer's Market and shops and restaurants. If you have a rental car, do not park in the parking lot next to the hostel. The first night I was in Hilo, all of the rental cars (recognized by barcodes) had their tires slashed during the night. My car was ok because I parked a few blocks away. But this is not the hostel's fault. I would stay here again if I go back to Hilo.

Pineapple Park Kona

Kailua-Kona, USA

The owner (Annie) is extremely unpleasant and grouchy. She treats guests like they are vermon and wants nothing to do with them. I stayed here for one night before moving to the KOA Hale Hostel which had much much more friendlier staff. Also, this hostel is far from everything. The exception is that it is walkable to the trail that goes to the Captain Cook Monument. The guests were nice and facilities anverage, but the owner made the experience one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed.

Duo Housing Los Angeles

Los Angeles, USA

Nice hostel, nice atmosphere. Only complaint is that the directions they give you from the Metro station to the hostel are wrong. You turn right out of the station, not left, to walk to the hostel

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

An overall nice hostel in a good location in Mexico City. I don't recommend doing some of the tours though. The Teotihucan tour, for example, is much cheaper just to take the public bus there than to do the tour.

Hostel Cathedral

Mexico City, Mexico

The location, staff, security and cleanliness is good, but there is a lack of common area. It is harder to meet other people in the hostel compared to other hostels.

We are sorry to hear this. We have a very fun terrace with awesome views of the Cathedral and Zocalo, where you can actually bring you own drinks (usually lots of travelers there) . Not to metion the TV room, computers room, the kitchen, the rooftop bar plus the restaurant downstairs.

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca

Oaxaca, Mexico

Iguana Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff were friendly and the atmosphere and location were good. The only thing I disliked was that much of the common area is more outside, which can be an issue at night since it gets cold.

Hotel Palenque

Palenque, Mexico

Casa Del Sol Mexico

Tulum, Mexico

The location is not the best and security is not great. Stay at the Weary Traveller closer to the bus station. It's much nicer.

Hey thanks for the review nice hanging out with you. happy new years! hope to see you again.

La Cigana

Tulum, Mexico

A nice enough hostel with friendly staff, but terrible security. The rooms were often left wide open (which also let in mosquitos), and there are storage lockers, but they are very small. Still, much better than La casa de sol (where i stayed the next night), and not as good as The Weary Traveler (where i also stayed two nights in Tulum. Still, nice atmosphere. The wifi wouldnt work in the dorm well though.

Noosa Flashpackers

Noosa, Australia

This is perhaps the best hostel I have stayed at in Australia. I would gladly stay here again.

Somewhere to Stay

Dougies Backpackers Resort

Port Douglas, Australia

Flashpackers Hervey Bay

Hervey Bay, Australia

One of the best, most modern, friendliest hostels you'll find in Australia.

Noosa Flashpackers

Noosa, Australia

One of the best hostels I've stayed at in Australia. The staff are incredibly attentive, the facilities are excellent, the kitchen is large and well stocked. The wifi is free and so is breakfast. I will definitely consider staying again if I come back in the future.

Kangaroo Bakpak

Sydney, Australia

I enjoyed my stay here. It was decent.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Unfriendly staff, but otherwise ok.

Albergue Zaragoza Hostel

Zaragoza, Spain

Overall nice place. No complaints.

Camping Rialto

Venice, Italy

Amour d' Auberge

Marrakech, Morocco

Really nice place with a lot of nice people close to main plaza.

The Australian Hostel

Cairo, Egypt

Good hostel in a nice location.

Dahab Dorms

Dahab, Egypt

This hostel is excellent and one of the best bargains. Highly recommended.

Do NOT stay here!!! This is one of the worse places I have ever stayed. Absolutely NO security and the dorms aren't even in a room; they simply have cots on the deck where everyone else walks by.Do NOT stay here!

Abbasi Palace Hotel

Amman, Jordan

This is one of the best hostels I've been to not only in Jordan, but worldwide. The staff are caring and atentitive, going out of their way to make guests feel at home. I stayed on Christmas, and the owner single-handedly prepared a huge mouth-watering feast for guests free of charge. Very highly recommended.