Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 49

Great hostel. Helpful and friendly staff. Card key access to sleeping areas, stairway, and elevator would make security perfect. Suggest individual reading lights, headboards on bunks, and a small shelf at each bed. Shower rooms could use additional clothes and towel hooks. Great bar and food area. Very nice kitchen and laundry. No house slippers was a surprise but not a problem. I WILL DEFINITELY STAY AGAIN. A+++. WELL DONE.

• 7th Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

America del Sur Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Kitchen area cleanliness and features worst I have seen in a long time. Getting a receipt at checkin for payment was like extracting teeth. Single room key system highly security flawed; how do I know a walk-in belongs in my room..??? Loud music in courtyard till 2am every night; then piped music starts up at 7am. Obviously a place for folks who don't need sleep. This place is WAY overrated. Experienced hostelers take note. Voted with my feet...

• 13th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hola! We clean the kitchen every morning, the same as all the common areas, the same as each room. For every guest, our system produces a receipt. I personally recall giving you one. Regarding keys, we control who is in each room and give everyone their key after a look at the room chart. As we are located at the entrance we have found this an effective and safe way to manage room security The rating we receive comes from the other 323 guests who felt safe, slept well and enjoyed their stay.

Sabatico Travelers Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Basically a good/OK place in a dive neighborhood. Staff were very friendly and helpful. HOT WATER and good water pressure. Door locks and lockers could be better but OK. Smoking in courtyard easy to smell in rooms... big negative for me. Loud screaming kids at 6am each morning did not appeal to me at all. Nice common room area at the front. Breakfast was functional. Had to leave early due noise and dodgy neighborhood.

• 11th May 2013
  • Globetrotter

This is a great hostel. Great staff (extra pillow and bottom bunk requests promptly and politely fulfilled no problems). Great location. Good size lockers. Parking is tight and you may need to park blocks away if you don't bag a spot by early afternoon. If you don't see availability online then CALL. Cleaning and security above average for the U.S. I would stay again for sure (this is the real test for me).

Lots of room for improvement. Having to go hunt for toilet paper is not fun. Neither are bathrooms that have hair balls all over the place. The best hostels I have stayed at clean toilets and bathrooms three (3) times a day. Once around 6am to catch the early risers (light touch clean), right after check-out (major scrub time), and again early evening around 5pm (light touch) so folks can wash-up before going out in the evening. If you want to see best practices... go check out hostels in Japan.

Treasure hunts for toilet paper and cold showers were not fun. Recently retiled bathrooms but not up to highest standards when it comes to cleaning. Low hot water pressure. Bathrooms need bigger shelf area for clothes storage. No shelf at bunk beds. Could use more power outlets in common areas. Dirty unwashed dishes in kitchen sink every time I went to use it. Goofy TV position means only 4-5 people can view it. Great location. Staff were OK. This is a high traffic hostel and it shows.

• 10th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

I would stay again. Friendly helpful front desk staff. Bathrooms need renovating IMHO and cleanliness not up to many hostels I have stayed at. Good beds. Lockers functional but on the small side compared to other hostels. I did not use the kitchen or laundry so can't comment. Extra power outlets at beds would be helpful. Great basic breakfast for a hostel. I have travelled extensively and this is a "good" review from me.

Friendly helpful front desk staff. Good location. I would stay again.

Urban Holiday Lofts

Chicago, USA

A new hostel with lots of potential. Management very receptive to comments and suggestions. Great staff and location. I would visit again.

• 30th May 2012

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

Meets the basic requirements but room for improvement. Kitchen had food scraps lying around and was closed about half the time I went to use it (?). Cleaning elsewhere was OK but not world-class (see Japan). WiFi was pretty slow, needs repeaters and/or greater band-width. Elevator is frankly a safety hazard I'm surprised it is still permitted for operation. Good size lockers with power points a definite plus. Good location. Location isn't ADA compliant.

• 1st Mar 2012
  • Globetrotter

Always fabulous. Excellent super friendly and helpful staff. Cozy. Clean and functional. Great connections to Narita and Haneda airports. Very social atmosphere. My preferred hostel in Tokyo. Multi-stay, long-term guest.

• 20th Feb 2012
  • Globetrotter

My favorite hostel in Tokyo. Friendliest staff. Great atmosphere for meeting people. Very clean. Excellent value for money.

• 7th Feb 2012
  • Globetrotter

I have stayed at K's Kyoto several times now and I always enjoy it. My favorite hostel in Japan. Excellent staff. Great value for money.

• 31st Jan 2012

TEN Backpackers Osaka

Great staff.

• 29th Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your kind comments and nice scoring!We are happy to be praised.We really would like to see you again!Thank you.

Hotel Chuo Selene

A good option in Osaka.

• 29th Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for staying. See you again someday.

TEN Backpackers Osaka

Great staff.

• 24th Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your kind comments and scoring!You were great for us too.We hope to see you again!Thank you.

Hostel 64 Osaka

• 17th Jan 2012
  • Globetrotter

1. Poor hot water pressure in showers. 2. Lockers are good size but plastic closures are easy to break into. 3. Kitchen utensils, plates, cups too few for guest capacity. 4. Refrigerator too small for guest capacity. 5. Clothes dryer heat setting too low. Spent 300 yen for 120 minutes to dry average sized load of synthetic garments (just one pair of cotton jeans). This is too long to dry. 6. PC workstation keyboards need replacing; most keys worn and unreadable. I rate average-good overall.

• 10th Jan 2012

Pandora after 80s

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Was still under construction when I was there..! Construction materials in shower/toilet areas and also in lobby area of sleeping quarters. Not ready for prime-time. Only upside was one of the staff was very nice to me. Amateur operator.

• 25th Nov 2011

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Not the best hostel I have stayed in. I might stay again but will also look at other options in Hong Kong. The beds are too short. Security is just so-so. Several times I was able to walk up from the street and into my dorm room without using a key or door code. The doors do not positive lock all the time (they need to be spring loaded). Also, staff I had never met never inquired if I was actually a guest. The cleanliness could be better. The bare floors are dirty.

• 25th Jun 2011

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Excellent staff..! I had fun staying there and I will probably stay again. Great location and security. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• 25th May 2011
  • Globetrotter

First of all, ARIGATO GOZAIMASU for your help on volunteering the Japanese situation! Thank you very much for your message! We had fun talking with you, not only our staff but also other guests as your friendly character! It was fun to happen on you at Kanda station & Japanese calligraphy Class @ Yoyogi park. I hope you will have a chance to join our party on your second stay with us ( hopefully in September!) Let's keep in touch on facebook! We are looking forward to welcome you back here with us!

I am a repeat, long-stay, guest. The best hostel I have stayed in anywhere. I will be back again soon.

I enjoyed my stay very much and appreciate the wonderful staff at K's and Zen Cafe. I will return again in May 2011 and also again in April 2012 with my nephew. I met a lot of new friends. Only suggestion I have is warm water wash cycle in the laundry. K's House Kyoto is the best hostel I have stayed in.

• 20th Mar 2011
  • Globetrotter

A great stay at K's House Tokyo. Wonderful staff. I have bookings to stay again soon. K's is actually very easy to find.

• 15th Dec 2010
  • Globetrotter

Great stay. I am staying again in May.

Kyoto Hana Hostel

Kyoto, Japan

I enjoyed my stay and will stay again in the future.