Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Los Mostros Hostel

Panama City, Panama

Great hostel, great location, dorms were good with en-suite and air con (between 9pm-8am), free breakfast, short walk to shops, Hard Rock Hotel (go there for a look for sure), staff were great, nice outdoor garden with small pool, luggage storage, good kitchen, tours desk, wifi was ok. Good times at a good place!

Pukalani Hostel

Bocas del Toro, Panama

As long as realise this place is a chilled out Hostel/Hotel a short cab ride out of town, you will enjoy it and be very relaxed. There are plenty of cabs coming and going. It has a great pool and chill area, has its own little jetty, does some food and has a bar, wifi is a little dodgy at times, dorm rooms are good with en-suite. The owner organised a boat tour for us and it was only people from the hostel who went and the boat picked us up and dropped us off at the hostel. Great day!

Hostel Casa del Parque

San Jose, Costa Rica

Good safe location just a short walk from the centre and main shopping street. Dorm room is large and the beds are very, very creaky. Need more bathrooms and toilets and needs a few basic things like better wifi, blind or curtain in the bathroom, better lighting in dorm, but nice place, nice courtyard, helpful staff and close to mini-mart as well.

Hacia El Sur - Casa Hostal

Antigua, Guatemala

Nice guys working there who helped me out a few times - moving rooms and gave me a lunch pack for the volcano hike even though I didn't book it through them. You can order free breakfast from a few different options, nice garden out the back and there is a cafe on the roof (run separately) with great views and nice vibe. Rooms are fine, but most are near the common area, not a huge deal as it isn't a party place. Close enough to town, only 2 toilets and showers.

B&B Le Gite Del Sol

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

5 minute walk from the main street and a bit more to the main square. You can walk here from the bus station if you want. I stayed in another building opposite the main one, was pretty quiet there. I got the overnight bus from Puerto Escondido so I got a private room with shared bath. When I arrived the owner was very helpful and informative and upgraded me to a private double bed with private bath - perfect after a night bus. Only stayed one night but it was good for what I needed.

Osa Mariposa

Puerto Escondido, Mexico

This place grew on me. Staff are great and the nightly meals are probably the best thing about the place. It's in a quiet area about 15 minutes walk from Zicatela, but they call taxis for you and they arrive very quickly. They cost 30 pesos to most places in Puerto Escondido. It's a very chill place with a few hammocks, chilled music and nice garden. Like most dorms in this part of the word, they can be a bit hot, but its close to the beach so good for a swim.

Mexico City Hostel

Mexico City, Mexico

I stayed in the newer one opposite the main building. Very impressed by this place. Location is perfect, wifi is good, probably the cleanest bathrooms and toilets Ive ever seen in a hostel, it seems like they have cleaners working round the clock. Nice and secure, my dorm room was pretty standard, nice big lockers, it was on the street so a little noisy. Good free breakfast, probably just lacks are bar. They serve cheap beers though but the lounge area is a little small.

Really good hostel. I stayed in a 10 bed dorm which is kinda big, but it had its own toilet, shower, sink, and there were more of these on the floor in case you didn't want to wake your roommates up. It has a few nice chill out/lounge areas, one with massive TV and recliners which was cool. Location is awesome if you want to be in that part of LA, its minutes walk from Santa Monica pier and shopping area, but don't forget how big and hard to get around LA is. Close to LAX, only $1 by bus.

So happy that you saw our hostel as we do.....very cool!

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Nice enough hostel, however it was quite hot in the rooms and as they didnt have any air con, the windows needed to be open. The result was that the loud street noise came through very easily, as did the daylight. There also wasn't any real hangout area other than the kitchen, so at night everyone crowded into the kitchen, which just so happens to be outside the two dorm rooms. The wasn't anyone around when I checked out either, so I just left my keys on the desk. Lucky I had already paid.

Madness Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Great location, clean and very nice staff. It's small and appears to be a former apartment, so there is only one bathroom and one shower and the only hang out area is on the balcony. But great value for money, just dont expect it to be like the bigger hostels in bigger European cities, cos hey, its Serbia! Srjan the owner was helpful and he even drove one guy to the airport at 3am which was a pretty good effort seeing as the guy was fast asleep and would have missed his flight if not for Srjan

City Backpackers Hostel

Stockholm, Sweden

Very cool hostel and great staff. Location is spot on, about a 7 min walk from main train and bus stations. Free pasta is great, as is sauna, tv lounge is cool and free 2 hour bike hire even better. Dorm was downstairs with no natural light, other than that couldnt fault the place!

Glad you had a nice time here! This season it can be quite hazardous to use the free bikes, though, on account of the ice patches on the streets of Stockholm... and we are still waiting for the ice rinks to open so we can start lending out free ice skates instead. So I'm thinking about putting the bikes away for the winter, before someone gets killed... Or our security grade may plummit! :) Kindly Lena

Sleep in Heaven

Copenhagen, Denmark

Pretty cool hostel, although the larger dorms are pretty squashed and could do with a good clean. A bit of dust floating around caused me and others to sneeze a fair bit, and showers werent the cleanest, but other than that, great place! Helpful staff, free internet, good area to chill out and pretty close to centre of town. Id stay there again.

Wira Hostel

Hamburg, Germany

Strange little hostel, underneath an office building. No manned reception, you have to ring a bell then wait for someone to come. No info on the city given, and short uninformative answers. Small lockers, ok kitchen but without pots and pans. 5 stops from the central train station or you can walk. Close to nightlife and red light district but no atmosphere or character at all! In one word 'amatuer'. But I guess you get what you pay for......