Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

Wi-Fi connection is available everywhere which is good. However, it asks to "check in" or use the code every five minutes, very annoying and silly at best(my Facebook friends already knew I checked in at Lucky D's when I did so first time).

Thanks for the good rating! We're glad you enjoyed your stay at Lucky D's. We're sorry about the trouble the wifi gave you. There is a password posted at the reception desk and in the computer room that allows your to avoid "checking in" when using the internet. We're happy to hear that the internet worked well for you overall. Thanks again for staying with us! Ashley

The location is excellent, right in front of Parque Kennedy. Walking distance to Larcomer mall, the boardwalk, Huaca Pucllana etc. I would stay again if I am back in Lima

HI NYC Hostel

New York, USA

I always stay here when I visit NYC. I first stayed here in 2006 and it has improved every year since. Really loved the fast Wifi everywhere this time. The cell phone charging stations was nice too. The Big Apple cafe on site is better now. I have stayed in a few other hostels in NYC but this is the best in terms of facilities, location and atmosphere. You can easily get 50 people in a pub crawl! The price may seem a bit high but still reasonable considering location (New York is not cheap).

Hostel Fish

Denver, USA

Location is great. However, the hostel is situated above a restaurant/bar that plays very loud music at night. If you are staying during Friday/Saturday night, good luck getting any sleep. Also, the clientel are not your typical hostel crowd. They will walk into the room in the middle of the night and start making loud conversation, turn on the light etc (mostly people not savvy with hostel living in my opinion).

Black Swan

Barcelona, Spain

Great location, very close to metro stations and all main attractions of the city. Great pub crawls and other activities (big shout out to Rastaman for cooking!)

The single rooms in bldg 249 are very noisy(a lot of street noise). A pair of ear plugs are a must.

The Local NYC

Hostel Solar dos Romanos

Salvador, Brazil

No air conditioning in the room. It's not very comfortable in Salvador humidity. Wifi only works around the reception area still not very well. I reserved and payed for 4 nights but ended up leaving after 2 nights.

Samba Rooms Hostel

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Hey Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Very good location close to Metro. It's not a party hostel, you can actually get sleep. The beds were comfortable. WIFI works great everywhere. The owner is an awesome guy! I will stay again if I am back in Sao Paulo.

Mayan Hostel 1

Cancun, Mexico

Pro: it's a small dilapidated place in downtown Cancun just a block away from the ADO bus station. There are many shops nearby within walking distance. The R1 bus line to the hotel zone is also nearby. Con: There is no locker, bad odor in the room (I stayed in a private room)

HI NYC Hostel

New York, USA

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff, particularly Jared was very friendly and helpful. I think having lockers and a couple of laundry machine would really add to the value of this place.

HI-Toronto

Toronto, Canada

HI Washington DC

Washington DC, USA

Try to take the Dupont Circle pub crawl!

Dear USA: Agreed! That is really a fun event. ~ Mark Schneider, HI-DC General Manager

Everglades Hostel & Tours

Everglades NP/Florida City, USA

The best hostel for the money in south florida!