Loki del Mar

Mancora, Peru

Resort style hostel, great for relaxing. Don't spend too much time in Mancora though as there isn't a lot to do outside the hostel! Bar area smells and is a bit dirty. Plenty of fun and games organised by the hostel to get you through!

• 21st Mar 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Punta Hermosa Surf Hostel

Punta Hermosa, Peru

Very friendly staff (owner) who will do whatever it takes to help the guests. English speaking (as well as primarily Spanish). Great vibe about this hostel. Highly recommended and the best we have stayed at in Peru.

• 17th Mar 2013

Thanks Sam for your comments, this help us to improve. We really appreciate your friendship and remember that you are always welcome back to this surf family.

Loki Backpackers La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

We booked a private room with ensuite and were split into 1 dorm and a private without ensuite. 1 of our beds had bed bugs. The hostel provided us with the wrong key to the room and we locked it and could not get back in as they couldn't find the correct key...they had to call a locksmith. Wifi never worked. Would not recommend this place although not sure whether to expect much better in Bolivia?

• 3rd Mar 2013

Sleeping Inn Backpackers

Surfers Paradise, Australia

We stayed there for two nights. Went on a killer backpacker pub crawl on the Saturday night - highly recommended! Communal pool is great. Close to beach and Cavill Ave. Only negative comment is that we found 2 cockroaches in the cutlery draw!

• 21st Jan 2012

Hi Sam, Thank you for you reveiew and we're glad you enjoyed the pub crawl :-)!! Enjoy the rest of your travels. The Sleeping Inn Team :-)

Germany Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

WARNING. I strongly advise not to stay in this hostel. After arriving at 9 pm and being hassled by the men (mainly of Indian descent) at the front, lower level of the building, I was then advised that my 4 bedroom dorm (that I had booked online) had been given to another person and I would have to stay in a 2 bedroom apartment that wasn't owned by the hostel but the people from downstairs. Traveling alone in another country I didn't feel safe at all and ended up leaving the hostel that night.

• 3rd Oct 2010

A very good hostel. Worth the extra money. Staff very friendly, lots of computers available, wifi in bedrooms, very comfortable double beds with lights and privacy screen/blinds, close to 2 metro staions. My only criticism is that the only shower servicing the left hand side (when you walk in) of the hostel is no hotter than lukewarm and the shower generally, are way too small.

• 24th Sep 2010

Hostel Ruthensteiner

Vienna, Austria

A solid hostel to stay in. I couldn't pick a fault. Bathrooms clean, lockers sufficient, staff friendly, wifi available in main area, breakfast available for approximately 3 euros, light on bed. I recommend

• 19th Sep 2010

I only stayed briefly for one night...was in and out quickly. Bed was well sized and comfortable, bathroom was clean. Lockers are available in rooms but are too small to fit an average sized travel bag No lift access due to works in main entry foyer. Argentinian staff worker was a pleasure to deal with, extremely helpful.

• 7th Sep 2010