Gallery Hostel Porto

Porto, Portugal

Fantastic hostel. Porto was cold and rainy during our short stay, but the atmosphere and facilities here made it easy to have a good time anyway. Airy clean rooms, helpful staff and a wonderful breakfast - probably the best I've ever had in a hostel. For 10 Euros, the hostel dinners are also well worth it. A special thankyou to Paula for her detailed and passionate introduction to Porto on our first day, and also to Adriano for always being on hand and ready to help!

• 4th Feb 2014

I stayed here for a single night - a cosy refuge when it was - 20C outside. Being a short distance from the Damen CTA stop, it's conveniently located for travellers coming from O'Hare. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. The free breakfast was pancakes, pretty standard. However, I had some difficulty sleeping- I was given a small heating fan which made a lot of noise. As the halls were creaky, I could hear people walking to the bathroom all night. Lockers in the rooms would have been nice too.

• 27th Jan 2014

The Hostel-Inn Iguazu Falls

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

The hostel had great facilities - we enjoyed the pool, cocktail bar and restaurant. However, security was poor - it was very easy for people to into the rooms from the outside area and a few rooms were robbed on our first day in town. The staff were very hit-and-miss - some lovely, some incredibly grumpy and unhelpful. Also, keep in mind that this hostel is not in the middle of town - great if you're visiting the falls, but less convenient for visiting the town centre and restaurants, or for accessing ATM m