Paper thin walls. My room was right beside the showers so I was woken at 7 every morning by chatter, showering, and the sounds of a hair dryer. OTHER than that, it's a good hostel in a great location. Just make sure to bring ear plugs.

Hostel Buffalo Niagara

Buffalo, USA

Really nice hostel in an otherwise pretty crummy town. A friend and I came down from Canada one night for a sporting game. The hostel is right downtown which makes it a great (and cheaper) alternative versus the hotels in the same area. Only problem is that they still had the A/C pumping when it was -30 outside. Made for a pretty uncomfortable sleep...

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

Boring hostel for a solo traveler. Bit of an older crowd and most people just kept to themselves. But the hostel was very nice and the staff were super friendly so it's hard to give them a terrible review.

Thank you very much for your comment. We feel sorry for you got bored during your stay. We will try to improve our service for each guest. We are looking forward to serving you again.

Very touristy neighborhood so everything shuts down early and has little night life. Bedrooms are not very private from one another either. The en suite bathroom (at least mine) didn't have an electrical outlet so I couldn't shave my itchy beard:(. Other than those little things it was still one of the better hostels in the Asakusa area.

Piece Hostel Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

Great Hostel in a great location. Free breakfast and happy hour every day at the bar.

Hotel Chuo

Osaka, Japan

This isn't a social/youth hostel, its a CHEAP HOTEL. Located in a pretty "dodgy" area of town but extremely close to the subway. The building is 9 stories and showers are only located on the bottom floor. They have a common room with a TV and computers but there were not many fellow backpackers (lots of older people) so there was zero socializing.

Paper thin walls, not the best place if your trying to get a good sleep.

Nicest hostel I have ever stayed at! I wish I stayed there longer. Great decor, great helpful staff. The bar downstairs is a plus and the common room is located on a different floor if you want quiet time. The elevator is a bit slow and shuts down at midnight so you will be taking the stairs lots. Worth it though

Sakura Hostel Asakusa

Tokyo, Japan

Ok hostel, nothing more than average. The area is very touristy and got quite boring after a couple days. Better hostels in the Akasaka area to stay. Also, the internet was pretty terrible at times.

Thank you very much for your review. Asakusa is an area where a lot of tourists come because there are so many sightseeing spots and it is a traditional Japanese part of Tokyo. We are sorry that you didn't like it. Our Wifi really did need improvement, so we changed it and installed it for the whole building. Now our guests are able to use Wifi in the rooms too! We thank you very much for staying with us and hope to be able to welcome you again sometime.

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

The rooms were unbearably hot for October. Other than that everything was great.

We're sorry that your room was too hot...we're all still suprised how warm it got here in San Francisco...a heat wave is so unusual for us..hope you at least got some good rays. Happy travels.

St Christopher's Village

Third time staying at a St Christopher's Hostel on my trip and this one was the nicest by far. Nice new beds with curtains for privacy and a lounge where you could drink your own alcohol.

Rooms were very small and not well ventilated, beds were also extremely squeeky.

Great Hostel, New beds with curtains and a lounge where you could bring in your old alcohol

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Never a bad stay or sleep with a St. Christophers Inn

Helter Skelter Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Best hostel I stayed at so far. Great staff, kind of small but you meet a lot of people easier that way. 24 hour bar, what more do you need?

Stockholm, Sweden

Had to wait around a hour for one of the (non-friendly) employees to come to the reception and check me in. It did the trick but everyone and everything was very disorganized.

The entire places was filled with very young teenagers. Internet was very expensive. But it served me well for a place to sleep.

Hey Quentin, We are sorry you didn't have that much fun during your stay. We would be glad if you gave us a second chance :) Your Meininger Team Hamburg