Location British Virgin Islands, Gender Female, Age 32

Phuket Backpacker, Phuket, Thailand
7.1
21st Apr 2013

This place is generally a good place and considering quite cheap it is good value for money. The dorms are cute although I didn't have a fan near my bed as it had fell of the wall. The staff were ok but I would have liked to see them a bit more cheerful or even helpful. the bathrooms were not the best but they did the job (once I found them!). the food and bar service though was quite good and was nice to cosy near the video area. Overall I would stay there again as it was cheap.

Big Pineapple Backpackers Bali, Sanur, Indonesia
8th Apr 2013

Big Pineapple became my home for a while. There is everything you need as its not far from the shops or the beach. The place is cosy and the staff are friendly. Mia (owner) is a legend and very helpful. She will be honest with any questions you might have. I would recommend this place for sure as its one of few places around here that are low price. I would suggest putting a soap dispenser or something in the toilets though... (hygiene/cleanliness etc). Thanks guys x

Hi Esther,thanks for the review and especially for being such a GREAT guest,you were just like family.Your friend Mia

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia
1st Mar 2013

This hostel is one that has a swimming pool which is hard to come by here. The food is nice and the staff are friendly and helpful. It is a short walk away from the markets and pub street however it is quite easy to prop up against the bar at the hostel and stay there the whole day! The showers are not at its best but they did the job and our rooms weren't as clean as they could be but all in all I would recommend this hostel as standard is higher than most other places for this price.

@Hua Lamphong, Bangkok, Thailand
23rd Feb 2013

Place is well cleaned daily and the staff genuinely helpful and friendly. Well located as it is right next to station and underground. It has an entertainment room for times where you just want to relax. The price is fairly ok considering the place is better than some other hostels you would find although I think it would benefit more if slightly cheaper as the cost is a huge decision maker for many travelers. Also the Wi-fi doesn't work well from the rooms. In general a good hostel. :)

• England, Female, 25-30
Chinatown Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
21st Jan 2013

I think this hotel is new to the hostel dorm side of things. the room and beds were excellent but there was no kitchen facilities or ease of information for the likes of backpackers. Overall the hotel was a nice place.

• England, Female, 25-30
Tube 'n Axe Backpackers Lodge, Tsitsikamma, South Africa
7.4
5th Jan 2013

A nice area for camping and dorming. Food is ok and the staff were helpful. There were odd times where they could have been MORE helpful but on a whole I had a pleasant stay.

Chili Blue Backpackers, Sydney, Australia
7.7
16th Sep 2010

Nice place to stay, friendly, fairly close to many things including King cross station. My room was fairly untidy and I didn't have any lockers, which generally didn't bother me but I sure it would others. Only 1 shower between 3 large rooms is also slightly difficult. Often noisy and with a Kitchen/common room it was also a bit crowded at times and uncomfortable for others to use. However, I generally enjoyed my stay there and would go back. Especially as the place is also a good price. :)