Has a ton of character and you could have a great time here BUT there are some HORRIBLE male dorms, heard the female and private rooms/mixed dorms are better but can't say for sure, in general the place is getting pretty run down. Our dorm room was separate to the main building, the door didn't close properly and had a large gap at the top for mosquitos to get in and the cool air to escape. The sheets/pillow case were really rough and frustrating to sleep on especially in the heat.

I ended up staying for 8 nights and overall it has been a great experience. There is one really annoying practice though; staff coming into your room in the morning to change the bedding of checked out guests (checkout is 11am). I realise this is a necessity at some stage of the day BUT it is pretty frustrating to be woken up at 10.30am when two staff members enter your room without knocking or announcing their presence, wedge the door open to the outside world and start talking/cleaning.

PodShare

Los Angeles, USA

Love this place! Can see how it is not for everyone, the pods are open ended so there is not as much privacy as some people might like. Despite this I found them quite intimate, I'd recommend asking for a pod on the second floor as the height gives you a little more privacy. Awesome staff, great location if you're after hollywood. Cool vibe, cool kitchen, great shared bathroom. I'll be here again #podlove.

Green Tortoise Backpackers

San Francisco, USA

Big hostel. Not a new building but great common area. Free vegetarian meals a few nights a week. Bathroom facilities can be a little cramped and be sure to specify that you don't want a 'window bed' as these are definitely sub standard (they might already notify you if this is the only space they have left, I'm not sure).

Great location, walked everywhere. Clean. Secure. Nice common area and outside courtyard. Helpful staff and decent events on offer as well as some free dinner nights.

HI-Vancouver Jericho Beach

Vancouver, Canada

I had a good time at this hostel but you should note: there is a lack of power outlets for charging devices in the rooms (because it is an old building) and there is no consistent WIFI in these rooms which is frustrating, the location is gorgeous, out on the coast in the middle of a park but it is about a 20-30 minute bus ride to downtown and a decent walk from the hostel to the nearest bus stop.

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Love this hostel. Amazing character, every room has been painted by different local artist. Great location in a cool area near bars, cafes, downtown and pike place. Fantastic helpful/friendly staff. I genuinely miss them right now. The only downside I experienced was a lack of storage space in rooms for luggage, and there wasn't enough HOOKS or shelves in rooms for hanging towels, jackets, bags etc. I'll be back there again!

Very cool hostile. Clean, secure, great staff, awesome location.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I miss it already.

Cool vibe, very helpful staff. Had to pay for an average breakfast was the only down side.

Black & White Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Great breakfast. Great vibe, the lounge room felt just like home. Very poor signage out front is my only criticism. I'd stay there again!

Smart Russell Square

The wi-fi kept dropping in and out and the staff didn't seem to really care, which forced you to pay to use the desktops, 1 pound for 30mins. No hand dryers or hand towel in the toilets. Breakfast was nothing special, even by continental breakfast standards.

HI, Thank you for your review, We have reported this issue to out IT department and they are in process of fixing it. Kind regards SRS Team

Great spread for breakfast, no bar at the hostel but plenty within a stone's throw. If I go to Paris again, I'll be staying there again.