Reviews: ShaunaW

Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 26

City Backpacker - Hostel Biber

Zurich, Switzerland

Nice rooms in the heart of the pedestrian zone. Lots of stairs but it wasn't a big deal for me. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Only minor issue was that shower was not clean, and wifi in more than the common room would've been a huge plus. Otherwise a great, reasonably priced hostel in the gorgeous city of Zurich!

Youthhostel Schaan-Vaduz

Schaan, Liechtenstein

Nice hostel, a little away from the main town but easily accessible by bus/walk. Breakfast was excellent.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

I'm not normally a fan of these giant factory hostels but in Munich there's little other choice. However I was pleasantly surprised with Wombats, I had no problems meeting people in the bar area and my room was nice and quiet, there was the obligatory obnoxious large group of boys but they weren't too bad. For some reason though housekeeping kept waking us up quite early (well before check out time), although we were able to ask her to return later. Not a huge deal just slightly odd.

I don't normally enjoy these massive factory hostels and this one was no exception. Nice enough rooms etc but completely soulless atmosphere. Staff weren't rude but not overly friendly/helpful either

Jetpak Alternative

Berlin, Germany

Awesome hostel in a great area of Berlin. Amazing social atmosphere, super easy to meet people and have a great time. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend :)

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Amazing hostel with genuinely friendly staff that attracts a great group of friendly and laid back people from around the world. I had a great time staying here and will definitely stay again if I return to Krakow.

Thanks for your review, it was really nice to meet you Shauna! Hope to see you someday again in Krakow

Art Hole Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Nice little hostel in a great location in Prague. Staff were friendly and had heaps of suggestions about their city. Would definitely recommend

Guesthouse Tennoji

Osaka, Japan

Incredibly nice staff who personally escorted me to the doctors when I arrived with an eye infection. There was a minor mishap with the bookings that caused a few problems at midnight one night but that was all sorted very well. Staff we're incredibly accommodating.

Piece Hostel Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

Excellent new hostel that was so close to being perfect that it made me pickier than I normally would be. Facilities had been set out with real thought as to how they'd be used. Somehow the common area wasn't particularly social which was a shame. Also the privacy curtains didn't go all the way to the top on the top bunks & generally some lights were left on in the quite large dorms which was a bit of an annoyance.

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

Factory hostel in excellent location, super close to city centre. Facilities were fairly minimal given the size of the hostel (ie no kitchen) although toilets were clean and plentiful. Having to pay for showers (100Y for 10 mins) actually made me take longer showers than I normally would as I was determined to get my money's worth.

B&B Pan

Jeju Island, South Korea

Nice hostel with friendly community atmosphere. Staff really help you get the best out of your time on Jeju Island

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Incredible hostel with amazingly friendly and helpful staff. They went out of their way to assist me with everything possible to make my short stay in Hanoi a fantastic one! Free cooked breakfast and all day fruit was a huge bonus too!

Long Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Nice hostel with friendly helpful staff. Slightly difficult to find

Mangolo Hostel-Angkor

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Place was nice, but lack of shade & seating in outdoor common area made it difficult to socialise. Location was excellent, away from the awful pub street in a nice quiet area but still a super short walk to all the best of Siem Reap

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Awesome hostel, great friendly atmosphere and fun, helpful staff. Nice clean air-conditioned dorms. Will definitely stay there again!

Wink Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Great hostel for those seeking budget but private accomodation. Sleeping pods are comfortable and quite private, although the green strip lighting that came on in mine was possibly a little too green (so much so that when it went out I saw pink for the next 5 mins). Breakfast is basic but well provisioned and the staff are really friendly and helpful. Other travellers tend to be polite and respectful but keep to themselves, there wasn't the super social atmosphere found in many hostels.

Bong House

Seoul, South Korea

The best place to stay in Seoul! A fun location with wonderful friendly staff and the attached bar is a great place to meet fellow travellers! I loved it and will be back for sure.