Baxpax Kreuzberg Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Got an unfortunate first impression due to the markedly unpleasant woman who checked us in; thankfully the rest of the staff proved to be way nicer. The hostel is huge. There are a couple common areas with pool tables, a bar, TV, couches, and tons of outlets (which were lacking in the dorm rooms-- good way to get people out of their rooms!). A shame the kitchen closed at 10 pm. Definitely a social hostel great for meeting other travelers, and with plenty of info and resources to explore Berlin.

• 3rd May 2013

Apinelo Hostel

Split, Croatia

Definitely the cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at; everything looks newly renovated. The kitchen/common area is quite small, but well equipped and organized. Not very conducive to meeting and hanging out with a whole lot of people. Our 5-bed dorm room was very spacious, and each guest had his/her own large closet/locker for storage. All in all, my 2 friends and I had a very comfortable stay.

• 1st May 2013

Maison

Florence, Italy

I booked 2 nights for this hostel for me and my boyfriend, then we told our friend to book the same one for convenience of meeting up. When we arrived, my boyfriend and I were placed on a separate floor than our friend, whose entrance was labeled "The Queens"... not sure if it's supposed to be a different hostel, but you needed a key to access either floor so the situation was a bit less convenient than we had planned. Otherwise, good location and decent facilities. Staff was mediocre.

Viadeibanchi

Cinque Terre, Italy

You have this listed as a Bed & Breakfast establishment, but I think it is much more like a hotel, and should be marketed as such. Otherwise we had a nice stay.

Victoria House Hostel

Nice, France

Auberge Abyss Douzi

Marrakech, Morocco

All the staff is very kind and willing to help! Abdul especially likes to reach out and get to know guests. Met a lot of cool people from all over the world while here. We requested to be picked up from the airport but after waiting for more than half an hour decided to take a cab, which was 5 euros more, but made it easy to find the place; a couple days staying there made it easy to find again from the square but otherwise it's just another hole in the wall! Bathrooms are cramped and sometimes water te

Backpackers BCN Casanova

Barcelona, Spain

Convenient located near all the action, and staff members were generally helpful. There are 2 computers with internet access free to use. They also had board games and movies that guests were welcome to play/use. Apparently also a playstation, though I didn't personally see anyone playing it during my stay. Decent free breakfast. Everything was clean to my standards. Overall a great place to stay for the price and the fact that you'll be out exploring Barcelona during waking hours!